Can Town (The Official Homestuck Thread)

Favorite Troll?

• Aradia Megido

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Tavros Nitram

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Sollux Captor

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Karkat Vantas

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Nepeta Leijon

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Kanaya Maryam

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Terezi Pyrope

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Vriska Serket

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Equius Zahhak

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Gamzee Makara

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Eridan Ampora

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Feferi Peixes

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
Re: R41NBOW RUMPUS P4RTYTOWN (Spoilers ahead!)

I got the impression that Meenah <3 Aranea was already a thing.

Although I guess that it's possible that Meenah really does just go that nuts for fish puns.

When Roxy said "smack snack" it reminded me of something from this book called The Giver where the main character as a young child said smack when he meant to say snack.

KARKAT: I DON'T WANT TO WASTE TIME PASSING THROUGH DREAM BUBBLES IF I'M NOT GOING TO SEE MY DEAD FRIENDS.
KARKAT: IF YOU DRAGGED ME ALL THE WAY UP HERE TO MEET, OH SAY, GHOST NEPETA. FUCKING GREAT!
KARKAT: I'LL HANG OUT WITH DEAD NEPETA ALL DAY LONG. HELL, EVEN SOME RANDOM NEPETA FROM A DOOMED TIMELINE. THAT WOULD BE ALRIGHT.
KARKAT: YOU KNOW WHAT? GIVE ME FIFTY FUCKING NEPETAS! WHY THE HELL NOT. WE'LL CALL OUR JOURNEY THROUGH BLACK ENDLESS DESPAIR "NEPETAQUEST".

I loved this part.

Is it safe to assume that uranianUmbrage or whatever her name is is Nepeta's ancestor pre-scratch, and uu is the Sufferer pre-scratch?

If so then we've met four of the trolls already.

Dr. Javelin said:
Is it safe to assume that uranianUmbrage or whatever her name is is Nepeta's ancestor pre-scratch, and uu is the Sufferer pre-scratch?

If so then we've met four of the trolls already.

No.

:/

But they said they renounced hemotyping, which is definitely a troll attribute.

And uu definitely sounds like a lamer version of Karkat.

Then UU with her Gamzee horns is supposed to be Nepeta?

If I recall correctly, ancestors and trolls are supposed to have the same horns.

And I don't recall Karkat being kill-happy, that trait lay moreover with Gamzee. So it would also make sense if uu was Gamzee.

Additionally, aren't they supposed to be opposite traits? For example, Nepeta is playful, so anti-Nepeta would be srs bsns. Karkat is angry, so anti-Karkat would be passive.

As UU is enthusiastic and helpful, I would say that whoever UU is the ancestor of (if anybody) someone who is reluctant and withdrawn. I'm still not sure u/Uu/U are ancestors at all.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I doubt they are ancestors. UU's sign is ophiuchus. Ophiuchus is indeed a constellation on the something-or-other plane. As she is the only known troll with that sign, I don't think she's the ancestor of anyone.

And uu is uu so he doesn't count either.

Hmm.

It was more of the "it's a figure of speech" thing that got me thinking uu was similar to Karkat.

And I doubt their personalities are supposed to be that similar. Meenah is nothing like Feferi. Aranea is kind of similar to Vriska, but way nicer.

UU and uu are supposed to represent the good part and evil part of Karkat I think. But I doubt they're two halves of what's his shit. What's his shit is supposed to be dead anyway. I mean Meenah refers to him as one person. There is no way what's his shit is UU and uu. So yeah per MG1, I doubt they're ancestors.

Nabber said:
Uh, isn't UU a lime-blood?
Not necessarily, but probably. I have a feeling there is some fuckery involved.

I didn't say that trolls were like their ancestors...I said they had opposite traits (I even italicized it for emphasis). Meenah, the violent supremacist is the exact opposite of Terezi, the pacifist equalization supporter.

Aranea, the revealing aide is the exact opposite of Vriska, the secretive egotist.

Marioguy1 said:
Nabber said:
Uh, isn't UU a lime-blood?
Not necessarily, but probably. I have a feeling there is some fuckery involved.

I didn't say that trolls were like their ancestors...I said they had opposite traits (I even italicized it for emphasis). Meenah, the violent supremacist is the exact opposite of Terezi, the pacifist equalization supporter.

Aranea, the revealing aide is the exact opposite of Vriska, the secretive egotist.

So eridancestor is not interested in romance shit.

and tavroscestor is very confident.

Well UU said she was lime-blooded, and considering that Hussie said that lime was the only type of blood he hadn't shown, I had kinda been expecting one of the new trolls to have the color blood.

And we can also see that the pre-scratch trolls seemed to have the same last names, though that is debatable since Jane and Jake have different last names than their pre-scratch versions.

Homestuck simply needs more nepeta.

HEY HUSSIE, WHERE'S MY DAILY DOSE OF NEPETA. :mad:

Yay more pre scratch trolls stuff!
I worked out who's sillhoette was who's.

Pretty easy to identify a lot of them.
On the left you can see the Rust-blood, on the right is Tavros's ancestor. Bottom right is Sollux, Eridan slightly less right, Equius is top right. Dunno who the other one on the right is though. Nepeta is bottom far right. Gamzee is obvious.

It looks like Aradia's ancestor uses wands.
04990.gif
Then again, we already knew that from Scratch's depiction of the Handmaid.

HOWEVER...

I think those might be the Quills of Echidna that had yet to appear.
01961_1.gif
I'd bet that she interacts with Jake in some way or other.

Her wands do look slightly different; maybe the Quills are like the Pop-a-matic Vrillyhoo Hammer and Jake alchemized them?

04989.gif

why are their eyes white

Possibly because we've only seen them as deadbeat ghosts, so like living Vriska they may have odd eyes(Aranea) or goggles etc.(Meenah). Surely you would have come up with that explanation yourself, 2275.

Dr. Javelin said:
It looks like Aradia's ancestor uses wands.
04990.gif
Then again, we already knew that from Scratch's depiction of the Handmaid.

HOWEVER...

I think those might be the Quills of Echidna that had yet to appear.
01961_1.gif
I'd bet that she interacts with Jake in some way or other.

Her wands do look slightly different; maybe the Quills are like the Pop-a-matic Vrillyhoo Hammer and Jake alchemized them?
Or....she got them from their version of Echidna.
carcinoGeneticist said:
04989.gif

why are their eyes white
probably a mistake, barfy

Bec Noir said:
Possibly because we've only seen them as deadbeat ghosts, so like living Vriska they may have odd eyes(Aranea) or goggles etc.(Meenah). Surely you would have come up with that explanation yourself, 2275.

04992.gif

Back