Can Town (The Official Homestuck Thread)

Favorite Troll?

• Aradia Megido

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Tavros Nitram

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Sollux Captor

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Karkat Vantas

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Nepeta Leijon

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Kanaya Maryam

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Terezi Pyrope

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Vriska Serket

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Equius Zahhak

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Gamzee Makara

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Eridan Ampora

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Feferi Peixes

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
The house is empty. Spring sets its foot on the front lawn of the new month, as if curious to meet its new host, or say, the 547 answers to unresolved plot points. A familiar note is produced. It is the one predictability plays to keep its instrument in tune.
It has been seven years, and your favorite piece of fiction has finally ended, yet something still feels missing. The act previously watched by you is not the final card of the unseen trickster who is taking joy in making you wait, then wait even more. Your patience, while sturdy, is far from limitless. One day, it will descend down in a series of cascades as it collides on its way with your pent-up rage.

“We are doing it, bro. We are making this happen.” – Albert Einstein.

Yes, you are certain Albert Einstein said that. One hundred percent positive.

This sure was a very long read.

EDIT: Since this ending didn't answer most of the questions, and I can't really wait for the epilogue because who knows, maybe it'll be a 10 minutes animation of Jasperose and Davepeta dancing, I have decided to step in and create my own epilogue with ASTONISHING GRAPHICS and GREAT STORYTELLING.

Please enjoy my objectively great conclusion to Homestuck. Part one is here:
6B7Qm0g.png

PART TWO. IS HERE.
BJmD4nd.png

new homestuck video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxHnKT_2u64

Homestuck 2.0 is just the youtube channel, hiveswap and things we don't yet know about

theres also a few seconds of Hussie in a horse ranch and hints at an epilogue happening

homestuck 2.0 aka "let's milk this shit for as long as possible"

what's with all the pictures of legs on the wall???

Tweek Tweak said:
is...homestuck going mainstream

can it be as bad as minecraft when it went mainstream more at 10

to be fair the reactions cause those things happen after i cease to like said things as much so seeing it be a normie thing after a while is kind of. cringy

i doubt homestuck will gain many more fans plus like half the fandom died during the omegapause

That was kind of cute. I'm glad to see more of their lives on Earth instead of just stopping at shit like "hey look jake and dirk are playing football now lol". I'm also happy that this isn't the epilogue, meaning something much more substantial might actually come out of the actual epilogue in 78554 years.

I also have a little theory on how the happy ending we're getting isn't all that happy, and a 100% happy ending kind of was one of my two major complaints about act 7 (the other being 87547 things not explained). If it's this John+the other kids who go fight Caliborn (I'm hoping the reason isn't some dumb thing like "caliborn is mildly annoying all of us on snapechat let's fuck him up), it means:

The 4 beta kids are stuck in the house until released near the black hole, presumably killing them heroically.
The other 4 kids are stuck forever on a dead planet inside a dead session, with no means to go back to Earth C and reign there as The Creators.

well it's nice to get some actual hussie panels rather than other people drawing his panels for him.

and yeah, it was nice and cute, but reddit thinks that John is now sad and lonely and 'this is not a happy ending but a build up to the actual epilogue'

in which case I'm looking forward to more waiting for an update!

Some of you might already know this, but Hiveswap got delayed a few weeks again, for 'testing'.

Status of Hiveswap: the game is just about done. It could still use some more testing to be absolutely certain we are not releasing a buggy piece of shit! To that end it will be worth waiting another several weeks or so. Perhaps more intriguingly I should mention that I've been working with some people on another thing, which will need to be announced when it is ready. I think it would be best to coordinate the announcement of the thing in question with the release of the game. So I'm not sure which will be done first, the thing or the testing, but neither will be unveiled until both are good and ready. Thank you as always for your legendary patience.

heres the trailer btw

So I guess an early May release? Plus, there's also been some more snapchat updates for those who haven't been following it, but it was all just some sitcom-level stuff with no relevancy, but here's a summary;

*jane is kidnapped by a terrorist troll movement and teleported onto the moon
*the carpacians try to recreate the earth moon's crescent shape by shooting a laser at it
*B1 jack noir enters universe C with the felt and lands on the (you guessed it) moon
*roxy and calliope try to rescue jane but it doesn't matter
*jane uses the crockercorp tiara on B1 jack, making him an even more pathetic threat
*all live happily ever after

I just hope something interesting or relevant happens soon; my "legendary patience" is wearing thin.

Oh, and:
The Pyro Guy said:
well it's nice to get some actual hussie panels rather than other people drawing his panels for him

never mind, all the snapchat stuff was drawn by one of the hiveswap team members

I'm relatively new to the thing so I still have some hope for it. I guess we'll just see what happens next.

The Pyro Guy said:
*roxy and calliope try to rescue jane but it doesn't matter
*(various hs characters) try to (do a thing) but it doesn't matter

Wow, I was worried that this thing wasn't going to be faithful to the webcomic, but now all that fear has been laid to rest.

i decided to go through homestuck again because i first read it when i was like fourteen and didnt get all the jokes and commentary about being a little shit teenager and it's bringing back all of these memories of first joining the forum when all you had awful troll handles aaaaaaaaa

It's that time of year again folks, and with the eight anniversary we get a new Hiveswap trailer.

There's also a post from the creative director of the game:
Act 1 Update

Hey everyone, Cohen here, creative director and head writer for Hiveswap. Hopefully you’re reading this after watching the new trailer. If you haven’t watched it, go watch it. If you have watched it, go watch it again. It doesn’t cost anything, and, more importantly, no one can stop you.

OK, now you’re back. Wow. Wasn’t that dynamite? I agree.

Anyway, just wanted to give you a quick rundown on the status of Hiveswap: Act 1. We’re very, very excited about

THE GAME: The game is good, folks. It’s gorgeous, and fun, and the music is outstanding, and people say it’s pretty funny, too? We’ll see! All that’s thanks to

THE TEAM: We’ve got a great team full of outrageously skilled people, and over the next few weeks we’re going to be talking to them here about the work they’ve done for Hiveswap: Act 1. If you’ve wondered, possibly aloud, possibly at length, about why we haven’t done more of that before, it’s because they’ve been too busy doing all that work! Busy, busy bees with no time for chatter.

It’s a practice that is potentially frustrating for fans, though, which is why we’re going to be parting the curtain a little more. Because, of course, what you really want at this moment is for me to

SAY MORE ABOUT THE GAME, IDIOT: Right! So, the game is nearly done. It’s taken us a while, but we’re committed to bringing you the game you deserve, even if it means delivering it later than you deserved it. Some things take longer to implement or polish than we anticipate, but our intent is not to mislead you. I promise. We want to keep you in the loop as much as we can.

But…it’s a difficult juggling act for us. We’re trying to make a game that is fun, funny, and beautiful, and we haven’t compromised on quality in order to get it out quicker. On the other hand, we DO want to talk to you about how it’s going! On yet a third hand (or maybe back to the first hand, now hidden behind my back), we’re also committed to not spoiling every mystery the game has before you actually get to play it. These interviews we’ll be doing are our way of striking the balance between these three hands (possibly two hands, with one in flux).

The next time you hear a release date from us, it’ll be because the game is about to launch. In the meantime, we thank you, one last time, for your continued patience and understanding.

Highlights:
-The game is 'gorgeous, and fun, and the music is outstanding'
-WP Studios are going to be more transparent in the future
-The game is nearly done, again
-They will be doing interviews with staff in the future
-Release date will be announced relatively close to the release, presumably 6/12 for meme numbers

So, it looks sorta promising, which is good. And as I typed that last bit, a new MSPA newspost came up. Check it.

Hiveswap will (apparently) release on September 14th.

kickstarter backers got a humblebundle link for 5 songs from the "grubbles LP" or whatever

it seems neat so far, pm me if you want a link

Back