Sony says "The Wii is a Fad": Do you agree?

Uniju said:
King Boo said:
Pokemon DP said:
Uniju should give Smash a chance, and realise how fun it is. And I know he's getting Brawl, but he wont be able to play as Sonic from the start. He'll have to unlock Sonic. And that means using some other character until Sonic is unlocked.
He's played Melee, and he hates it =|. He even wants the Smash Bros. Dojo!! to be deleted. How can someone hate it that much!? D=

Sakurai never said that. Sakurai said that all third party characters would be unlockable, meaning that Snake, Sonic, and the third and final third party must be unlocked.
Who says there is a third third party character? Snake and Sonic are only in because they were meant to be in Melee =|.

I want Uniju to be deleted.... I dont get why he hates Super Smash Bros. so much. I dont see how anyone can hate it, really. New rule: If you hate Super Smash Bros., you hate Nintendo. Simple as that.

Another reason I dislike SSB:

Everyones obsessed with it, and will stop at nothing to attempt to "convince" other people that its the best game ever. Even when the game is bad, most fighting games are bad, and Smash bros. only made them worse. The game is nothing but fighting(duh) Usually in cheaply themed courses, using almost nothing but items, and character stats to win the match.

Smash Bros. Melee won Game of the Year once.

The game is more than just fighting (well at least Brawl is). In Brawl, Nintendo teams up to save the Smash universe. Brawl might even end up being canon to the Mario series and the whole Nintendo series.

Cheap themed courses? Using items to win match? Items can be set of and most courses are amazing. Fighitng on top of a car thats racing one-hundred miles per hour, over a race course near the ocean?

And character stats to win the match? I dun't get it.

Don't worry, it's just Uniju. -_-

I guess it's a fad, but a lot of people have the WII and I'm sure they will have it for a long time to come. I also think their worried about the PS3, but that's just my oppion. :lol:

AMEN TO THAT! HIGH-FIVE ME!! =D =P

The game is more than just fighting (well at least Brawl is). In Brawl, Nintendo teams up to save the Smash universe. Brawl might even end up being canon to the Mario series and the whole Nintendo series.

Cheap themed courses? Using items to win match? Items can be set of and most courses are amazing. Fighitng on top of a car thats racing one-hundred miles per hour, over a race course near the ocean?

I agree. Uniju, just cos' you hate the game, doesn't mean it is bad. The game won Game of the Year, and, as Paper Jorge said, Brawl is not just a fighting game. You have to learn that your opinions don't make things so. I hate Mario Party, but I know, for a fact, it is one of Mario's most popular franchises, and I know it is good to most, even if I think the gameplay is boring and not very active.

Pokemon DP said:
AMEN TO THAT! HIGH-FIVE ME!! =D =P

I agree. Uniju, just cos' you hate the game, doesn't mean it is bad. The game won Game of the Year, and, as Paper Jorge said, Brawl is not just a fighting game. You have to learn that your opinions don't make things so. I hate Mario Party, but I know, for a fact, it is one of Mario's most popular franchises, and I know it is good to most, even if I think the gameplay is boring and not very active.
Right.
Mario Party 10 will be the death of me, but the series is still doing good.

The fact that Wiis are STILL sold out is proof that it is not just a fad.

Also note the Sony says: part in the title. That automatically tells thats its not a fad, because everything Sony says is a lie. This topic is now over.

Now that I think about it more, yes, the Wii is somewhat of a fad, its essentially the Tickle Me Elmo is the current gen consoles; people will buy one, screw around a bit with it every now and then, but most of the time its left in the corner. More Wiis have been purchased then games for them too.

And look at the crapload of overpriced accessories there is - you need to pay through the teeth for stuff like extra Wii Remotes, Nunchuk attachments, a Wi-Fi Connector, Wii Points Cards, Classic Controllers, Wii Wheels, Wii Zappers, wrist straps in case the one you have gives out, etc. Not to mention the batteries the Wii seems to simply devour.

Sir Grodus said:
Now that I think about it more, yes, the Wii is somewhat of a fad, its essentially the Tickle Me Elmo is the current gen consoles; people will buy one, screw around a bit with it every now and then, but most of the time its left in the corner. More Wiis have been purchased then games for them too.

And look at the crapload of overpriced accessories there is - you need to pay through the teeth for stuff like extra Wii Remotes, Nunchuk attachments, a Wi-Fi Connector, Wii Points Cards, Classic Controllers, Wii Wheels, Wii Zappers, wrist straps in case the one you have gives out, etc. Not to mention the batteries the Wii seems to simply devour.

You have a point. Quite a few, to be exact.

But for those who truly love good games, the Wii will always live on.

Oopsy, double posting.

And guys, don't go singling out Uniju. We all have our foibles; his is that he doesn't like SSBB. I know that's sacrelige to some of you, but hey, the game isn't THAT GREAT.

It seems pretty fad-ish to me. That won't affect its future success though.

Back