If Nintendo didn't own Mario...

In your information, Mario is no root in gaming, it's Pong.
Also, Mario is no developer, and if he was, it's impossible for 1 person to make everything.

Wow the first game ever was Tennis.

Oh, right, I forgot about Tennis.

Herr Shyguy said:
YamiHoshi.nl said:
In your information, Mario is no root in gaming, it's Pong.
Not quite.

Pong was the first arcade game, so it is kind of a root.

Even so, I just learned something today.

Dr. Eggman said:
Mario is what made everything even Call of Duty would not exist without him.
How is it possible to be this ignorant and fanatical?

Everyone else corrected ye on Mario apparently being the 'first video game ever' (no really, what the hell?), but the early designs of first-person shooters have been around since before the Mario series was even thought up. Shooter games owe virtually nothing to the Mario series, particularly since PC gaming - the main platform for FPS games back in the day - had been mostly separate from console gaming until just recently. As well, there are several other genres Mario hadn't innovated or revolutionized that other non-Nintendo games had, such as adventure, RPG, fighting, horror, stealth, and rhythm, to name a few.

Ice Luigi said:
Leonyx said:
They do pass off their characters to other third party developers sometimes, so I guess we get to see what they would do with them. Nintendo is the only first party developer that's doing unique things with their characters, so I don't think I'd like to see them in the theiving hands of Sony.
I thought they only did that once.

No for keeps.

Back