My message to Navi haters everywhere

wsbm

King Bowser
I'm not a Navi hater, but she can get annoying when she says "Hey! Listen!" all the time.

Ganondorf said:
I'm not a Navi hater, but she can get annoying when she says "Hey! Listen!" all the time.
But that's just it. She never actually does.

She only says "Hey!" when she has a hint, and "Listen!" when you decide to listen to it. Unless you're constantly finding yourself needing to speak to Navi, which you shouldn't be in the first place, you will never hear that memetic incessant spam of "HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! LISTEN! LISTEN! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! LISTEN! LISTEN! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! LISTEN! LISTEN! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN!" that people use as a flimsy justification for their hate.

She does say "Hey" everytime you walk up to a locked door. I KNOW THAT THIS DOOR IS LOCKED YOU STUPID PIXIE FAIRY WHATEVER YOU ARE!

It was great in Phantom Hourglass to see Linebeck grab Ciela and start pulling on her. If only it was Navi instead...

Starlow is still worse on the Irritating Helpers list.

Dr. Javelin said:
She does say "Hey" everytime you walk up to a locked door. I KNOW THAT THIS DOOR IS LOCKED YOU STUPID PIXIE FAIRY WHATEVER YOU ARE!
When that happens, I just ignore her and continue about my business. It's not that hard to do.

Navi:LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN HEY LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN HEY LISTEN

Link: SHUT UP!!!!!

Navi:.......Listen listen listen LISTEN LISTEN HEY LISTEN

Link: *sighs and stabs navi*

I HATE NAVI!!!!!!

SuperMario25 said:

I HATE NAVI!!!!!!
You don't like Navi very much at all, do you?

I don't hate Navi, but I definitely don't like her. Kaebora Gaebora is the character people should really be hating.

Now, you see, I 'm the only person on the face of the planet who likes doesn't hate Kaepora Gaebora. [/oddmanout]

I hate owl, he talk all the time and he make all players accidently say yes to hear all of it again

^ I make that mistake with both the owl and the fisherman.
And I don't find Navi as annoying as people say she is.

Dr. John Victor Doomlittle said:
SuperMario25 said:

I HATE NAVI!!!!!!
You don't like Navi very much at all, do you?

I sure do

Falco said:
I hate owl, he talk all the time and he make all players accidently say yes to hear all of it again

My sister doesn't mind. Just don't mash the A button.

I don't really care about Navi, but Tatl is a better fairy than Navi.

Meh, I don't care about Navi's annoying-ness.

It's a general policy of mine that people who complain about the whole "HEY LISTEN" thing never actually played OoT. Also what's this about Kaepora Gaebora hate? He's awesome.

Herr Shyguy said:
It's a general policy of mine that people who complain about the whole "HEY LISTEN" thing never actually played OoT. Also what's this about Kaepora Gaebora hate? He's awesome.

Ive played Oot ,and i like the owl hes very wise and cute

'3K said:
Now, you see, I 'm the only person on the face of the planet who likes doesn't hate Kaepora Gaebora. [/oddmanout]

kaepora gaebora is a pretty cool guy, eh gives free flights and doesn't afraid of anything.

Although, I only ever finished OoT3DS, so I don't know how different the original OoT was. I could never get past Jabu Jabu because my little brother would reset the game all the time.

Herr Shyguy said:
It's a general policy of mine that people who complain about the whole "HEY LISTEN" thing never actually played OoT.
Mine too. They just jumped on the bandwagon and made things worse.

Herr Shyguy said:
Maybe if they changed him since the originals. I've only played Ocarina of Time on the N64 and Kaepora Gaepora simply stands around and tells you a much of stuff you already know. And Navi has made sure that you know it with the Listen thing already.

I don't hate Navi; she's actually useful when you're fighting bosses and enemies, and if you haven't played the game in a long time then her advice on where to go is actually helpful. Otherwise she's just dead weight.

Ciela from Phantom Hourglass is much worse. And Starlow from Bowser's Inside Story even tells you that the fight with Dark Bowser is the final boss battle. Seriously?

It's funny how Navi sometimes tells you to do something after you've already done it (for example, when I went into the desert area in OoT, Navi interrupted me to tell me that I should go to the desert).

Back