Star Fox 64 3D

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
Star Fox 64 3D, of which the original SF64 was known as Lylat Wars in Europe, is released in Japan, and will release in the rest of the world in 2 months.
I've beaten this game once, using the route I prefer (the same as I did in my Lylat Wars Playthrough).
I just suck on other routes, though.

Improvements
  • A lot better graphics ~ Now the worlds look more natural, instead of a computer chip, Andross looks more like a freak, Arwings feel more lively, etc.
  • Orchestral music ~ No MIDI quality music anymore, the music is now more like Star Fox Assault, but in Lylat Wars style.
  • Voices ~ While playing the English demo, I've noticed the voices were a bit different. Only Slippy's voice has gotten worse. While on that, in the Japanese version, Falco and Fox sound hotter for some reason.
  • Menu Screen ~ All 4 Team Members, rotating in 3D.
  • Credits ~ There's a second credit screen, with a more dramatical feeling to it, and at the very end of it, Andross is dancing like a weirdo, which makes me laugh enormously!

Disappointments
  • Multiplayer ~ Why? Because, like in any other 3DS game, multiplayer is region locked. Aside of that, there's no online feature, unlike everyone was expecting.
  • Controls ~ I'm no fan of the Gyroscope in hardcore games, but also, the Arwing is really hard to control with it. It's even easier to do with an N64 controller, because the Slide Pad doesn't have enough accuracy for me neither.
  • No language settings ~ In the N64 version, I could set the voices on Lylat as well, which nearly killed me from laughing. It could be an unlockable, but as far as I am, there is none available.
  • Training Mode ~ The game forces you into it, when you do the Main Game for the very first time, even if you want it, or not. After the Training Mode, you're in some sort of level where you have to prove that you can fly without hitting something, after that, the real game begins, and Training will no longer be required, but you can revisit it.

YamiHoshi.nl has probably the first English review of this game: 8/10.
Full review: http://www.yamihoshi.nl/tech/?page_id=3548

Also, Nintendo found this review very critical, and very good.

The controls are hard in the beginning, if you're used to the N64 controls, but they get easier in the Nintendo 64 Mode (Slide/Circle Pad usage), but the Nintendo 3DS Mode (Gyroscope) remains hard, especially when you have to move around the 3DS, and press a variety of buttons at the same time.

Really, I find that game easy.
This is the path I'm always using:
Corneria → Sector Y → Katina → Solar → Macbeth → Bolse → Venom.
That's the easiest route, in my opinion.
So:
Start → Hard → Normal → Normal → Normal → Easy → End.

There's not even an Action Replay or Xploder for 3DS.
Or do you mean on Nintendo 64?
Yes, there's a GameShark code for it, and I won't give support on it.

The Wii version = Nintendo 64 version.
Then you'll need to have Homebrew Channel, GeckoOS, Cheat Manager, and Code Downloader (or however that App is called, as I do everything manually).

Wait, FPS?
I think you're talking about a different game.
SF643D is no FPS (First Person Shooter), it's a space shooter, and you're most likely going by Arwing (some kind of plane), Landmaster (a tank) on 2 planets, or by the Blue Marine (diving ship, or however it's called in English), and all of them shoot laser beams.

Tip, try to keep the voices in mind, especially Peppy's, as his quotes are considered hilarious, for some reason.
If you want to hear the voice differences, try keeping an ear on Slippy, his voice is extremely different in the 3DS version, and I only mean the English version, which I've played at Nintendo, almost one month ago.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Wait, FPS?
I think you're talking about a different game.
SF643D is no FPS (First Person Shooter), it's a space shooter, and you're most likely going by Arwing (some kind of plane), Landmaster (a tank) on 2 planets, or by the Blue Marine (diving ship, or however it's called in English), and all of them shoot laser beams.
Well it reminds me of a FPS

Andross in Easy Mode is very easy.
Just shoot off his hands, use the Bombs when he sucks you up, shoot his head for a few times, and simply shoot his "robot form" a few times.

I shoot him in eyes and on 3rd run, I beaten Andross under 30 sec and I will getting Star Fox assault today or soon

Back