The Donkey Kong cartoon discussion thread.

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Don't know if anybody remembers, but there was a cartoon for the DK series. I was just wondering if anybody's interested in having some discussions about it.

Also, here's a picture I got from the main wiki for those of you who don't remember the show.
Dkctv.jpg

I remember this cartoon, I don't know if that's good or bad.

Candy always creeped me out honestly.

Ser Espiel said:
I remember this cartoon, I don't know if that's good or bad.

I thought it was decent, when compared to the Mario cartoons at least. Not quite as many noticeable animation mistakes and actual fight scenes. Plus, there was more than one main villain. I loved seeing K. Rool and Scurvy always rivaling each other.

I like this more than the Mario cartoons, but the songs in it are so cheesy. The characters look and dance weird.

I LOVED THIS SHOW!!!!!!!

I didn't get much of a chance to see it when it showed on television, but it was awesome when it did. It was really about my first video game cartoon, as I hadn't seen the Mario ones, and the Kirby one and Sonic X weren't out yet. I looked up some of the episodes a while ago, brought back some good memories.

My favorite episode that I have seen so far is "From Zero to Hero". I've seen maybe almost half the episodes.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I like this more than the Mario cartoons, but the songs in it are so cheesy. The characters look and dance weird.

I thought some of the songs were pretty good. I especially liked the songs where Scurvy sings about his life as a pirate and the treasures he's stolen. Then there's that one song from the Christmas episode which actually makes you feel a little bit sorry for Klump.

I think the only episode I haven't seen was the last one where DK finds a message bottle saying he has to leave the island.

Aqua Soul said:
I think the only episode I haven't seen was the last one where DK finds a message bottle saying he has to leave the island.
It's not the best episode anyways. It's one of those episodes where they have flashbacks of the funny or important parts of the show.

You mean a clip show? I like those. Most of them are funny and for shows that are supposed to be serious, they recap some of the important events. I wouldn't mind seeing it at all.

Snowstalker said:
It was crap only saved by the delightful ham that was King K. Rool.

Personally, I preferred Scurvy over K. Rool (despite my animosity towards pirate fanboys) because unlike K. Rool, he actually did have a soft side.

I vaguely remember this show from when I was little. I wasn't that interested in it, nor did I understand it; however, I think I did sometimes watch it whenever I was bored.

I Watched one episode where they steal a crystal banana or something like that and donkey kong wants to give it to candy for a present they also sang in it :eek:

Haven't watched it yet but the graphics look weird

I haven't watched it either. I can't tell if the pictures are models or drawings.

It's a 3D cartoon. I think it was one of the first (the first one was called Reboot).

Back