ATTN: Everybody that uses Google Chrome

Mijzelffan

Looking forward to a new Mario Kart!
MarioWiki
Mijzelffan
Quick, does this image look animated to you?

Spr_4d_003_m.png

If yes, then apng-brofist.

If no, then let me help you. It's very simple, just download this chrome extension, which allows you to view apng's in chrome as well (whereas normally it's only animated in certain firefox and Opera version). Once you've downloaded it, that venusaur image should be animated.

Apng's are getting pretty common on the internet, so it's nice to be able to see them.

GIF all the way

Because clearly, APNGs have an actual practical advantage to GIFs

The only thing useful about animated PNGs is if you really, really need something to be animated that exceeds the color limitations.

Oh and translucency/opacity/32-whatever I guess. I don't think GIFs can do that. But PNG files are a lot larger.

How about CWAI?
Dance.cwai

http://www.cw-server.eu/files/images/Dance.cwai

Mijzelffan said:

Spr_4d_003_m.png

If no, then let me help you. It's very simple, just download this chrome extension, which allows you to view apng's in chrome as well (whereas normally it's only animated in certain firefox and Opera version). Once you've downloaded it, that venusaur image should be animated.

Apng's are getting pretty common on the internet, so it's nice to be able to see them.
I'm using internet explorer and I can't see the animation

Maybe because Google Chrome isn't Internet Explorer?

Out of Firefox, IE and Chrome, I only think Firefox and Chrome with the OP-mentioned-plugin can see them.

Other browsers can probably see APNG files as well.

Caboose said:
Because clearly, APNGs have an actual practical advantage to GIFs
Mason said:
The only thing useful about animated PNGs is if you really, really need something to be animated that exceeds the color limitations.

Oh and translucency/opacity/32-whatever I guess. I don't think GIFs can do that. But PNG files are a lot larger.

Wether you are pro or against apng's, people use them on the internet, and with this you can at least see them.

Koopa Kid said:
Mijzelffan said:

Spr_4d_003_m.png

I'm using internet explorer and I can't see the animation

Mason said:
Out of Firefox, IE and Chrome, I only think Firefox and Chrome with the OP-mentioned-plugin can see them.

Other browser can probably see APNG files as well.

Opera 9.5 and higher and FireFox 3.0 and higher can view apng's by themselves. Chrome now has an extension for it (the one mentioned in the OP). Other browsers are unable to view apng's.

I'm all for APNGs being visible.

Also ATTN: Everybody who uses "that" when referring to people instead of "who"

EDIT: oh you're excused English isn't your first tongue

carcinoGeneticist said:
Mason you are the first and only person I have met that thinks that it is unacceptable to use "that" as a relative pronoun when its antecedent is a person.

did you see what i did there looooooool

Oh I see what you did there. I do have to admit I'm sort of hypocritical since I don't know the proper way to build that part when making a sentence which wouldn't use "who" or "that."

Back