ATTN: Everybody that uses Google Chrome

Mijzelffan

Looking forward to Odyssey!
Quick, does this image look animated to you?



If yes, then apng-brofist.

If no, then let me help you. It's very simple, just download this chrome extension, which allows you to view apng's in chrome as well (whereas normally it's only animated in certain firefox and Opera version). Once you've downloaded it, that venusaur image should be animated.

Apng's are getting pretty common on the internet, so it's nice to be able to see them.
 

Puddin

eat the rich
So Google Chrome needs an extension for APNGs? (Rhetorical question.)
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
GIF all the way
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Because clearly, APNGs have an actual practical advantage to GIFs
 

Puddin

eat the rich
The only thing useful about animated PNGs is if you really, really need something to be animated that exceeds the color limitations.

Oh and translucency/opacity/32-whatever I guess. I don't think GIFs can do that. But PNG files are a lot larger.
 

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
How about CWAI?

http://www.cw-server.eu/files/images/Dance.cwai
 

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
Mijzelffan said:
Quick, does this image look animated to you?



If yes, then apng-brofist.

If no, then let me help you. It's very simple, just download this chrome extension, which allows you to view apng's in chrome as well (whereas normally it's only animated in certain firefox and Opera version). Once you've downloaded it, that venusaur image should be animated.

Apng's are getting pretty common on the internet, so it's nice to be able to see them.
I'm using internet explorer and I can't see the animation
 

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
Maybe because Google Chrome isn't Internet Explorer?
 

Puddin

eat the rich
Out of Firefox, IE and Chrome, I only think Firefox and Chrome with the OP-mentioned-plugin can see them.

Other browsers can probably see APNG files as well.
 

Mijzelffan

Looking forward to Odyssey!
Caboose said:
Because clearly, APNGs have an actual practical advantage to GIFs
Mason said:
The only thing useful about animated PNGs is if you really, really need something to be animated that exceeds the color limitations.

Oh and translucency/opacity/32-whatever I guess. I don't think GIFs can do that. But PNG files are a lot larger.
Wether you are pro or against apng's, people use them on the internet, and with this you can at least see them.

Koopa Kid said:
Mijzelffan said:
Quick, does this image look animated to you?



If yes, then apng-brofist.

If no, then let me help you. It's very simple, just download this chrome extension, which allows you to view apng's in chrome as well (whereas normally it's only animated in certain firefox and Opera version). Once you've downloaded it, that venusaur image should be animated.

Apng's are getting pretty common on the internet, so it's nice to be able to see them.
I'm using internet explorer and I can't see the animation
Mason said:
Out of Firefox, IE and Chrome, I only think Firefox and Chrome with the OP-mentioned-plugin can see them.

Other browser can probably see APNG files as well.
Opera 9.5 and higher and FireFox 3.0 and higher can view apng's by themselves. Chrome now has an extension for it (the one mentioned in the OP). Other browsers are unable to view apng's.
 

Puddin

eat the rich
I'm all for APNGs being visible.

Also ATTN: Everybody who uses "that" when referring to people instead of "who"

EDIT: oh you're excused English isn't your first tongue
 

2257

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Mason you are the first and only person I have met that thinks that it is unacceptable to use "that" as a relative pronoun when its antecedent is a person.

did you see what i did there looooooool
 

Puddin

eat the rich
carcinoGeneticist said:
Mason you are the first and only person I have met that thinks that it is unacceptable to use "that" as a relative pronoun when its antecedent is a person.

did you see what i did there looooooool
Oh I see what you did there. I do have to admit I'm sort of hypocritical since I don't know the proper way to build that part when making a sentence which wouldn't use "who" or "that."
 
Top