LoZ Skyward Sword

Lily x

Goodbye
Its an upcoming game what I cannot wait to get!
Here we can discuss about this upcoming game.

I've played it, but the controls are very hard to get used to, especially after getting used to Twilight Princess on the Wii.

Yes, otherwise, you can use Wii Remote Plus.

How long do we have to wait. It feels a long time since this was first mentioned.

Release is 2011, and since it's not on the Summer list, it has to come out this Autumn.

This game doesn't look that great to me so I'll wait to people's opinions on it when it comes out. It reminds me of Twilight Princess, which I didn't like that much.

I liked TP, Im going to get it, plus I might get wii motion plus for xmas, along with the game.

After tp being total trash and ds games looking like a snore I'm not exactly sure I'd bother(plus no wii either lmao).

It looks like it's trying to go for ww style combined with tp, but eh.

We'll see I guess.

Zae said:
I'm pretty sure that's what they were going for. Link looks kind of weird in this game if you ask me.

Controls:
Hold A to Run (Rolling no longer exists).
If your running meter gets empty, Link will be tired and very slow.
That's annoying, but very cute.

Press B to go through the item menu.
While having the item on, use it using the B button, and motion controls.

While using Arrows, hold C, pull the Nunchuck behind your face to zoom in, and release C to shoot.
The sword is fully controlled through the Wii Remote/Motion Plus, and it's position is exactly as you hold the Remote Controller, which makes Link look like he has a frozen arm.
The shield is your Nunchuck, and it doesn't really work fine, to be honest.
It doesn't respond to your movements, most of the time.
The D-Pad is no longer used.

Also funny: If you're playing the Demo, press the Home Button, and press Reset.
Now you'll get the "Thanks for playing" message.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Zae said:
I'm pretty sure that's what they were going for. Link looks kind of weird in this game if you ask me.

Yeah the style looks a bit strange altogether, mainly for link in my opinion though.

Environments didn't look that bad though. I just hope skysword does well in dungeon design and thrives at not dragging them on forever.

Some other designs look decent though so again, we'll see. Although i have a lot of doubts though.

Legend of Lily said:
I really hope its good because it has taken ages to make!
Yeah they are putting lots of work into it. Will it beat Oot.

Ocarina beat every game that came after it in terms of gameplay, story, difficulty, and length. The only thing Twilight Princess had on it was better graphics and sound. Those don't make a good game. What makes a good game is great gameplay with a moderate or higher difficulty, with an interesting story in the background that will keep the game going for a long time.

Dr. Javelin said:
Ocarina beat every game that came after it in terms of gameplay, story, difficulty, and length.
I'm not sure about that. The Wind Waker is a pretty good game.

This game really doesn't look very good compared to the others. I just don't like Wii Zelda games I guess. I hope there aren't any annoying sound effects when you swing your sword like in TP.

Wind Waker was pretty easy because even the final boss can only hit you for 1 heart of damage. If you have the Magic Armor then you can tank most of his hits and even when your magic runs out, you still have 20 max heart containers.

Dr. Javelin said:
Ocarina beat every game that came after it in terms of gameplay, story, difficulty, and length. The only thing Twilight Princess had on it was better graphics and sound. Those don't make a good game. What makes a good game is great gameplay with a moderate or higher difficulty, with an interesting story in the background that will keep the game going for a long time.

oot, difficulty? seriously?

There was nothing hard about oot, even the fabled water dungeon is piss easy compared to lttp's ice dungeon. Not to mention all bosses in oot bored me to death, all being incredibly boring and having just flat out obvious patterns. Especially retarded gannondorf with his all HAHAHAH REFLECT THE BALL

Gameplay wasn't that great either especially with the battle system's enemies being all OKAY WE'LL WAIT FOR YOU TO KILL THIS GUY THEN ILL FIGHT YOU problem.

It made enemies stupidly easy and fighting overall was just a snore(of course loz battle system generally sucks anyway but lmao).

The only real good thing about oot was its perspective on time and some of the tools(example the hook shot being far more useful then it was in lttp). Although it felt like there was a lot more to lttp in terms of side content with its various medallions, cape, and invincible rod.

Dungeons were pretty boring too, only one I found even somewhat interesting was the forest dungeon and its all CHANGE THE LAYOUT ordeal. OOT was general a boring game to the core and Zelda stories are generally crap to begin with(even paper mario and dragonquest storylines are more interesting).

Although ww was pretty easy for the most part though. I really enjoyed the visuals and audio to the core though, and exploration of the sea was a really nice touch, something id like to see again(done a bit better though). Everything also felt like it had overall better writing then a lot of zelda games i really like(lttp, oracle games).

Some dungeons were meh and some were nice, it was kind of a mixed bag with dungeons. Although dang that game is beautiful.

Yeah, I was talking about Master Quest. Though Ocarina isn't as easy as Wind Waker even in normal mode. You can kill the plant monster in the Forbidden Woods in one combo flurry when you reface it in Ganon's Tower. Jahalla was easy too because you could use the Hurricane Spin and kill half his ghosts. Molgera was easy and I was delaying the battle so I could listen to his awesome music. The only bosses that you might have problems with are Puppet Ganon and Ganondorf himself. The puppet is only hard because of that stupid final form that is nearly impossible to hit. Ganondorf is only hard if you haven't tried to get Pieces of heart.

That stupid trap in the Fire Temple still gets me every time. ARGH

If you are playing Master Quest and you get to the Fire Temple, when you reach the stairs at the beginning, climb up the sides. There is an invisible wall of fire that will hurt you if you walk up the middle.

Man ya gotta clarify on these things!

Hopefully master quest fixes the enemy problem, because that's just dumb.

Back