AVGN/NC/YGOA/DBZA Gigathread

Kyoko Sakura

Celestial Guide
Original thread title: I must be the only one who likes all four of these.

I hate always furiously checking for updates with:

Angry Video Game Nerd
Nostalgia Critic
YGO Abridged
DBZ Abridged

Am I the only one with this problem? Does anyone have any recommendations for webshows I might like, judging on my sense of humor from liking the four of those? I'd like to add one more to my furious update category. PS, they're listed in the order I first learned of them.

Note: I understand James Rolfe, Doug Walker, Martin Billany and Team Four Star are very busy and do their shows only in their spare time.

Re: I must be the only one who likes all four of these

I don't think your the only one. I at least like seeing 3 of those all the time (NC, and both Abridges you mentioned). I don't hate the AVGN though, I occasionally see his videos if I'm interested in the subject of the episode. Though I guess I'll admit I am interested for when his Movie comes out (Especially hearing what he'll be reviewing in that).

And well all I can say for relating to NC and Abridges there's always some of the other people on the Thatguywiththeglasses.com you can check out. I sometimes watch CR, and Cinema Snob at least. Then there is also other Abridges like for Pokemon (Pokemonstrosity one that is) and stuff. Though I think I've been seeing Let's Plays more often recently.

Don't sweat it, AVGN is very hit and miss with me but the hits make it oh-so-worth-it.

I'll take a look into Pokemonstrosity,.

Mason said:
Does anyone have any recommendations for webshows I might like, judging on my sense of humor from liking the four of those?
Zero Punctuation.

I used to be an AVGN fanboy but I got disillusioned after seeing some of his crappier recent reviews (the Star Wars one esp) and realizing some of the older episodes (Independence Day for ex) weren't that good either.

YGO Abridged is hysterical even though I never watched the original show. I haven't watched DBZ Abridged and I dislike NC (and most of TGWTG for that matter) mainly because the guy's acting is really obnoxious.

recommendations

Broken Pixels (which ended but there's a reasonable backlog) is hilarious.

I also like Classic Game Room because of the guy's really deadpan style of humor and that it avoids a lot of internet reviewing clichés. It's an acquitted taste, though.

Herr Shyguy said:
Mason said:
Does anyone have any recommendations for webshows I might like, judging on my sense of humor from liking the four of those?
Zero Punctuation.
Hardy harr harr. (No offense if you actually like him.)

Glowsquid said:
I dislike NC (and most of TGWTG for that matter) mainly because the guy's acting is really obnoxious.
It's funny you say that - after hearing him, my mom won't let me watch him when I'm at her house (even if I have headphones on) ...and I'm a grown adult.

Mason said:
Herr Shyguy said:
Mason said:
Zero Punctuation.
Hardy harr harr. (No offense if you actually like him.)

You dislike ZP?

If you like sparsely updated webseries, Freeman's Mind is a great choice.

Irrelevant but this thread could have gone in the Entertainment board.

Caboose said:
Irrelevant but this thread could have gone in the Entertainment board.
Agreed.

You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!
Yes it does, I want to request a move!

there.

Thanks Glowsquid. And thanks Shyguy for tolerating my now irrelevant PM. (Title changed, and I say gigathread instead of megathread because megathreads are for weenies.)

Caboose said:
If you like sparsely updated webseries, Freeman's Mind is a great choice.
I actually haven't heard of that. I'll look into that too.

Siggas AKA Angry black Man is pretty funny, but he uses some pretty strong language and a lot of stereotypes (overly sensitive people and younguns probably wouldn't like it) and he makes fun of a whole bunch of stuff. I'm not sure if he's comparable to your other interests, but I think he's usually hilarious.

Back