F-Zero Topic

The Toad Warrior said:
Do any of you use any advanced techniques?
Aren't you supposed to be able to snake in this game?

Did you read the instruction booklet, MCS? It has some useful tips you won't find in game.

I haven't. Usually games you get at GameStop have the instruction booklet stolen, but luckily mine has the instruction booklet. I'm also trying to get past the second story mission.

Yeah, I think you should read the booklet when you can.

To beat Chapter 2, make sure you set your machine to maximum speed, and save your boost until you are near the end.

The next chapter contains one of my favorite F-Zero songs.

The Toad Warrior said:
Does anyone here play F-Zero? I play F-Zero GX, and I recently beat every chapter of Story Mode on Very Hard.
You sir.. are a legend.. :O

I got stuck half way through... on the easiest

I am tempted to go play F-Zero GX for the first time in god knows how long. The music in it is fantastic, but I personally think N64's music of Big Blue was the best. Not to say GX's was bad, though.

I very much prefer F-Zero X's rock-oriented soundtrack. But that's just due to my musical tastes in general.

Soarin' said:
I very much prefer F-Zero X's rock-oriented soundtrack. But that's just due to my musical tastes in general.

Wasn't Big Blue's music in Melee from F-Zero X? That guitar solo always gives me goosebumps...

The Big Blue theme from X is actually an arrangement of the Big Blue theme from the original F-Zero on the SNES.

This:

Became this:

I'd even go so far to say that this is my single favorite piece of VGM ever.

Soarin' said:
The Big Blue theme from X is actually an arrangement of the Big Blue theme from the original F-Zero on the SNES.

This:

Became this:

I'd even go so far to say that this is my single favorite piece of VGM ever.

Right there with you.

It seems like Melee did a better version of it, though. They really emphasized the guitar solos and they sound really amazing, all phased-out and warbled-sounding.

It also gets arranged twice in GX. Once in Story Mode Chapter 4 and the other you get for (I think, it's been a while) completing all the Story chapters on Normal (which also unlocks Deathborn). Those arrangements are nice but the X/Melee arranges are still the best.

Back