S. 978

Baby Luigi said:
ToD the ToaD said:
Pff... This will not pass. I'm not even from US but i can tell this is just plain stupidity. It will not pass if everyone there are capable of thinking.

Or if they are not greedy hypocritical morons
*cough* or that...

Will never happen.

This Bill will do more harm than good. I also find it unconstitutional.

Kill this bill.

Speaking of Bill:
nNR42KnWAEsr.jpg

Ornithologist Mario said:
I also find it unconstitutional.
Why is it unconstitutional? It only persecutes people who use other people's intellectual property.

>>Aqua Soul
I know that, that's why I didn't go completely offtopic.

Aqua Soul said:
If this bill passes, could this potentially mean now more LPs on YouTube? Or worse, will the already existing LPs be removed?

God, it was bad enough when chuggaa and NCS were falsley suspended from YouTube, and now this?!

BTW, I'm not too big on politics so who would my Senators be? I live in Illinois.

I remember that.

But seriously, if this bill passes, like, half of YouTube will be shut down and we'll be stuck with Charlie bit my finger and Dramatic Chipmunk for the rest of our lives.

I take back my post until I do further research. Allegedly, this bill only affects people who make profit off the copyrighted material.

vXPII.png

I don't really care if people making MONEY off it get fined. But I'll have to do a little more research so I can make sure it's true.

Making gaming video's isn't only about money.
It's easy to make, easy to upload, the companies get free advertising through that, and other people enjoy it.

To take an example on this Forum:
When NSM couldn't decide which Mario Party version he had to pick up, I've made an hour long gameplay video of Mario Party 6, and thanks to this, he was sure enough to buy it.
On the other hand, it was a second hand game, so Nintendo didn't earn anything on it, but it was just to give an example.

Also, Nintendo sends us some Trailers through email as well, and it's up to us to get it on the internet, on TV, in the cinema's, in a Video Review, or any other place/stuff you can display video's.

Back