nooo

Re: I want some critics!

It's...it's....amazing! Although the dolphin looks too similar to Yoshi with those puffy white cheeks. Still amazing though! ;D

Roll said:
It's...it's....amazing! Although the dolphin looks too similar to Yoshi with those puffy white cheeks. Still amazing though! ;D
well received! ^_^
i did it looking at the sprite, it was kinda like that. Those are the dolphins from vanilla secret 3 on SMW

Cool. I wish I had some artistic skills. I could finally draw my fan-made characters. :)

By the way, welcome back! Haven't seen you around for a while.

Roll said:
Cool. I wish I had some artistic skills. I could finally draw my fan-made characters. :)

Roll said:

thanks... I'm kinda working at the moment at doing some other crap.. . So i don't have a lotsa time(or the will) to come here anymore.

ToD the ToaD said:
thanks... I'm kinda working at the moment at doing some other crap.. . So i don't have a lotsa time(or the will) to come here anymore.

Aw, that's too bad. :(

Maybe I can visit your DA gallery. :)

ToD the ToaD said:
I haven't done a serious drawing in a long time... But i did this as a contest entry...
super_daisy_world__by_00tod00-d3jaj0u.jpg
AWESOME!

That's awesome! It's cool how you can get the sunlight to look like it's not an object, but it's see-through. I like the design of the Porcu-Puffer? (not sure if that's the correct name)

Whittle said:
That's awesome! It's cool how you can get the sunlight to look like it's not an object, but it's see-through. I like the design of the Porcu-Puffer? (not sure if that's the correct name)
thanks a lot! I just colored before hand erased a little and then passed the yellow again.
and that's the name! ^^

Here's a critic for you:

Nostalgia_Critic.jpg

Okay. To be serious, I think it's a cute little drawing. That's all I have to say.

This is amazing. 'nuff said.

ToD the ToaD said:
I haven't done a serious drawing in a long time... But i did this as a contest entry...

EDIT: BTW, this was done with faber castell ecopencils.
super_daisy_world__by_00tod00-d3jaj0u.jpg

epic.

arachnidsGrip said:

Thanks.
mollymoon4 said:
This is amazing. 'nuff said.
glad to hear that!
Milk Guy said:
Here's a critic for you:

Nostalgia_Critic.jpg

Okay. To be serious, I think it's a cute little drawing. That's all I have to say.
this is the closest to a critic by now. And thanks.

I can't say I like the way you scan the drawings so dark (technical difficulties?) and the sun lines bother me.

Other than my awful nitpicking, the line-art is good! Only things that bug me are the sun rays and... the diamonds on the mushroom stalks should probably be smaller - it looks a little strange for the diamond pattern to be so big.

Again, really good job. Maybe both problems would look better if you had a better scanner.

Mason said:
I can't say I like the way you scan the drawings so dark (technical difficulties?) and the sun lines bother me.

Other than my awful nitpicking, the line-art is good! Only things that bug me are the sun rays and... the diamonds on the mushroom stalks should probably be smaller - it looks a little strange for the diamond pattern to be so big.

Again, really good job. Maybe both problems would look better if you had a better scanner.
some thing doesn't look good due to the fact that this wasn't scanned. It's a photo taken with a nokia N95. As for the diamond pattern. I was taking too long to do the drawing and i rushed that part. And i did that without reference. And what bothers you of the sun rays? Wrong Perspective or ubication? Well. Nice to have some constructive critic! Thanks for the overall comment! :)

ToD the ToaD said:
And what bothers you of the sun rays? Wrong Perspective or ubication?
It'd say ubication, yeah. It's hard for me to say what the exact problem is. I think maybe they're too spread out too much, maybe not enough of them or they're too short and stand out too much.

(I didn't know what ubication was until I looked it up)

I didn't want my positive comment to get overshadowed, so I just want to restate that it's a really good drawing.

But yeah try to avoid using your camera. See if you can get more access to a scanner.

Mason said:
It'd say ubication, yeah. It's hard for me to say what the exact problem is. I think maybe they're too spread out too much, maybe not enough of them or they're too short and stand out too much.

(I didn't know what ubication was until I looked it up)

I didn't want my positive comment to get overshadowed, so I just want to restate that it's a really good drawing.

But yeah try to avoid using your camera. See if you can get more access to a scanner.
i kinda notice the ubication problem too, now that you got my attention into it. And to me it looks like they're not pointing in the exact same angle. That kinda ruins the view for a trained eye.
And i been to busy these last months so it's kinda hard to gain access to the scanner(wich is my cousins) the camera also makes the mushroom on the right look wrong proporcioned... When it isn't.

And don't worry. The comment kinda encourages me to do better next time. :)

Wow that is just incredible.

This is amazing. It looks like Nintendo's official artwork of Daisy in the ocean/sea.

Wow! You did such a fantastic job! The shading is great, and I love the sun beams. And they are all very cute. ;D

Wow, that's fantastic.

I think I might understand why Mason has so much trouble with the sunbeams. The problem I find with it is that Everything of the image has outlines so defined and so perfect that it's amazing, but the sunlight rays looks as if you couldn't decide if you wanted them to have outlines or not. Mabye use a white outline for the sun rays next time might make it seem more transparent and more like light then what it is.

Other than that and the way you took the image, probably one of the best drawings I have ever seen. :)

Back