Molly tries to do sprites, lol. CRITIQUES REQUESTED!

mollymoon4

鬼龍院 皐月
So, yeah. I tried to make some Paper Mario style sprites. I don't think it's that good, lol.
14aa5mw.png
It's-a Dissy!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

~Molly~

mollymoon4 said:
So, yeah. I tried to make some Paper Mario style sprites. I don't think it's that good, lol.
14aa5mw.png
It's-a Dissy!

~Molly~

D'awwwwww... she's (or he's... incase it's a mistake) cute.

:3

Looks nice! Please do more sprites.

arachnidsGrip said:
mollymoon4 said:
14aa5mw.png
It's-a Dissy!

~Molly~

D'awwwwww... she's (or he's... incase it's a mistake) cute.

:3

It's a she. C:

Sorry I don't know how to give any kind of constrictive criticism but that's like pixelart, not Paper Mario style sprites.

I concur with Shyguy but I MAY have some critique.

I think the color palette is wrong and it seems to be pillow shaded (darkness coming from all the edges and getting lighter toward the middle, it's a common mistake.)

If I didn't know any better I'd say this page has every single sprite in the game: http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_systems/pm/

OP, you should look at some of the sheets there. The colors are very dark in Paper Mario 64 sprites (probably because the game has some kind of lighting but I could be wrong.) For the green skin try using Lady Bow's color palette.

mollymoon4 said:
k6YQg.gif
Try doing a comparison in size with Mario.

She looks almost as big as Bowser, and as I said her colors are too bright. Last critique, the top of her head's flat but maybe it's on purpose?

I really hope this doesn't discourage you, I think you're off to a really good start! Besides the flat head, I'd say the outline colors and shapes are really close to the style. This is mostly technical stuff.

@Mason:Lol, I did the sprite in an Oekaki (which explains the flat head fail). And I am really not a big fan of doing sprites, XD. I prefer drawing, it's a lot more interesting. It was really a test to see how I could sprite. Thank you for the crits though. I'll take the size and coloration into mind, and also try to make her smaller (she isn't as big as Bowser!). C:

I've created entire sprite sheets on Baby Mario and Baby Luigi out of scratch, maybe I can offer some assistance? Since the colors and the outline thickness is wrong

Otherwise, it's pretty good.

Back