The Official Ocarina of Time 3D Discussion Thread

I'm not playing Master Quest much, especially since I got SM3DL yesterday. And I have a lot of stuff to do other than that, like read Homestuck.

(Is it okay if I talk about the original)

I just became adult Link, and now I'm already in the Fire Temple.

Temple skipping ftw :D

Yoshiwalker said:
(Is it okay if I talk about the original)

I just became adult Link, and now I'm already in the Fire Temple.

Temple skipping ftw :D
If you want all the Skultullas, it's easiest after the Water Temple actually :P

It's easiest if you go Ice Cavern, Forest Temple, Water Temple, Fire Temple, Bottom of the Well, Thieve's Fortress, Shadow Temple, Ganon's Castle.

Yoshiwalker said:
Well, I think I'll just go through some random way, seeing as this is my first playthrough. :P

If it's your first playthrough, why not go in order?

Lord Ghirahim said:
It's easiest if you go Ice Cavern, Forest Temple, Water Temple, Fire Temple, Bottom of the Well, Thieve's Fortress, Shadow Temple, Ganon's Castle.
I will try that when I make another file.

I go in order.
Forest Temple, Fire Temple, Ice Cavern, Water Temple, Bottom of the Well, Shadow Temple, Thieve's Fortress, Spirit Temple, and Ganon's Castle.

Nabber said:
I go in order.
Forest Temple, Fire Temple, Ice Cavern, Water Temple, Bottom of the Well, Shadow Temple, Thieve's Fortress, Spirit Temple, and Ganon's Castle.

Same, and I take care of the Biggoron's Sword sidequest after the Ice Cavern.

Technically, the earliest it's plausible to complete the Biggoron's Sword quest is after the Forest Temple so you can plant the easiest shortcuts. I grabbed the Iron Boots before the Forest Temple for some more health, and decided that I'd rather have more life for Volvagia than Morpha, so hence the Water Temple first. Thieve's Fortress before Shadow Temple so I had 18 hearts going in. All my choices are logical, with the only cost being Navi not liking it very much...

The Spirt Temple can be completed before any other temple but you will need to progress in the Forest and Fire Temples and get their items.

I think you need the Longshot too...

Yeah you could be right but only for the end.

Lord Ghirahim said:
Technically, the earliest it's plausible to complete the Biggoron's Sword quest is after the Forest Temple so you can plant the easiest shortcuts. I grabbed the Iron Boots before the Forest Temple for some more health, and decided that I'd rather have more life for Volvagia than Morpha, so hence the Water Temple first. Thieve's Fortress before Shadow Temple so I had 18 hearts going in. All my choices are logical, with the only cost being Navi not liking it very much...

She actually say anything if you go out of order?

Mario4Ever said:
Lord Ghirahim said:

She actually say anything if you go out of order?
Uh, she blabs about Death Mountain throughout the Water Temple quests, which is just completely annoying, and she kept dropping hints about the Shadow Temple during the Thieve's Fortress, so I heard a bit more from her than usual I suppose...

Okay I know I'm way late to the party here but god dammit the original Ocarina of Time had such a good inventory screen why would they do this to it.

Herr Shyguy said:
Okay I know I'm way late to the party here but god dammit the original Ocarina of Time had such a good inventory screen why would they do this to it.

Perhaps the development team thought it was shitty.

The two are very similar, as is Wind Waker's I believe. However, Skyward Sword has highly improved the item selection screen, so I'm not really sad to see that format go now.

I really have no preference on the item selection screen. I, personally, like the game and series as a whole. Merry Christmas!

Back