Anyone remember Monster Rancher?

Propeller Toad

Dislikes the amount of neglect Toad receives...
I noticed several threads talking about Pokemon and Digimon; however, I was wondering if whether or not anyone remember the earlier anime TV show called Monster Rancher. To me, it holds a special place in my memory banks as I remember watching this show a lot back when I was younger. So did any of you guys watch this show, or were you rather attached to Pokemon and Digimon?

Here are some images to help if you don't recognize the title:
monster_rancher_640x480.jpg

Oh my God.

I remember watching it loooooooooooong ago, although I have no idea what the plot was.

I used to watch it when i was little... It was something about that boy buying a videogame disc that taked him to another world. Right?
I liked the golem.

I remember it a LOT. I had a bunch of VHS tapes of it (I think they each had 3 episodes.)

It was rad. Now I'm tempted to watch it all (if they finished it...)

Oh my God.

I remember watching it loooooooooooong ago, although I have no idea what the plot was.

I believe the plot line was about them finding the legendary creature that could help them to defeat the evil monsters or something along those lines.

I used to watch it when i was little... It was something about that boy buying a videogame disc that taked him to another world. Right?
Yes, that was it. He did go to another world I think.

Also, they did complete the series I believe. I'm pretty sure that the episodes would probably be easy to find on the net.
Also they apparently released a new monster Rancher game for the DS last year. Perhaps, the series may see a revival? I have the game and it is pretty fun for the most part...
4660.jpg

^ Monster Rancher was an anime series revolving around monsters back in the late 1990s. I believe the show existed before the Pokemon and Digimon shows were released. However, Monster Rancher kind of died off early due to possible competition from these other monster shows.

Honestly, what I liked about this in comparison to Pokemon and to a lesser extent Digimon was the large personality developments made for each character as well as the action that was provided in most episodes.

Back