• Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Synopsis for Episode 5 of Season 5

"When Rainbow Dash realizes Tank must hibernate for winter, she decides the best solution is to keep winter from coming."

I almost want a bit of a funny more negative version of Winter Wrap-Up for some reference humor. xD

Northern Verve said:
I almost want a bit of a funny more negative version of Winter Wrap-Up for some reference humor. xD
WINTER SHUT DOWN WINTER SHUT DOWN

LET'S CANCEL THAT HOLIDAY CHEER

Now for Episode 6's

"Infamous outlaw Troubleshoes Clyde returns to terrorize the Appleloosa rodeo and the Cutie Mark Crusaders set out to bring him to justice and finally get their cutie marks."

Well that answers the question about Episode 4 earlier that Applebloom actually gets stressed about still not having hers. Still though, with those episodes so close to eachother there's definitely more of a focus on it this time. The last time two episodes were so close together when the CMC's focus was getting their Cutie Marks was arguably in Season 1 when Stare Master and Show Stoppers aired on back-to-back weeks. If the CMC don't get their Cutie Marks this season somehow, then these two episodes are just going to have a similar problem with Show Stoppers that we know their talents by now and continued frustration with the characters not getting the point yet even after over 100 episodes. Which is why I think this is just another clue we'll be seeing the CMC Cutie Marks sooner or later. Cause they're only reminding us that they've been dragging it along yet another season goes Cutie Mark-less for the CMC.

watch them be like "oh maybe this thing im good at is what my talent is all along" then the marks start to fade in but then they say "naw fuck that shit we didnt try beekeeping yet" and they disappear

Magikrazy said:
watch them be like "oh maybe this thing im good at is what my talent is all along" then the marks start to fade in but then they say "naw fuck that shit we didnt try beekeeping yet" and they disappear

They already kinda did a troll move like that in Season 4

The way they zoom in on Scootaloo's flanks and then Scoots says what she says after "You know what this means, right?"

Rainbow Dash's reaction is pretty much the same as everyone's that watches that scene xD

(P.S. Just the Video's avatar has the "Dickbutt" thing. The clip is just the scene from the show unedited :P)

Capture.JPG

Season 6 Confirmed!

I'm happy. 6 Seasons was the absolute minimum number of Seasons I wanted this show to get. It can end anytime after that and I'd be alright (To be fair I would of kinda been alright with it ending after Season 5 too with it at least reaching over 100 episodes but 6 Seasons have been what I wanted since after Season 1)

Magikrazy said:
six seasons and a movie

oh wait theres two movies

If you're counting Equestria Girls. Make that FOUR movies (The first Equestria Girls, EQG2: Rainbow Rocks, and EQG3: Friendship Games (Which isn't out yet but we know is coming) and of course the regular Pony movie in 2017)

Latias said:
SOOOOO SONICMARIO. Did it happen yet.

It did ^^

And I gotta say...

This was a rather interesting episode. I think I want to see it a 2nd time before really getting into it.

But this episode felt like it had a bit of a serious tone. I don't mean super serious like it's toning down the lightheartedness of the show. But the smiles and ominous tone of the first part had me a bit creeped out and unsure about what was going to happen. And while watching I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

But then in the 2nd part we got a few things that are quite different from previous two-parters (In a good way)

*The reveal (Starlight still has her Cutie Mark) doesn't come with 1-5 minutes of the end. So they don't just rush the ending that once it's revealed they do something like rebel and break the staff so suddenly everybody has their cutie mark again. I think that's what would of happened if this type of episode was in an earlier season.
*The Mane 6 for once aren't the ones that ultimately save the day
*Starlight isn't quite defeated in the usual way Villains are in this show. The episode implies she'll be back. But will she be a recurring villain over a few episodes or will she be hatching up the plan for whatever comes in the Finale?

All in all, I liked it. But again I want another watch before really discussing the details.

Unpopular opinion: I don't really like Fluttershy, because the other ponies constantly have to walk on eggshells around her.

Anyway, excited for the next one. It'll be the first Episode 3 of a season that covers something actually kind of serious. And judging by the lack of it in the opening, it's not going to be stupidly fixed by simply poofing to fix it as it involves Twilight and Spike being sad about the loss of the Treebrary. I'm interested how it's going to end now that the opening gave the final nail in the coffin of something really dumb happening to fix the problem.

Today's episode was just cute. Wasn't anything too special, nor was it too bad. But it certainly had it's moments. Twi's rocker-esque hair (Which I chose for this week's Avatar), and

Her friends getting the roots of the old Treebrary and making it into a chandelier

were especially my favorite things about this episode.

Just watched Look Before You Sleep...
What the *bleep* happened to Twilight in this episode?

Jack Frost said:

Yeah, Look Before You Sleep is by far my least favorite episode of Season 1. Some people enjoy the Applejack and Rarity moments but Twilight just felt out of place especially when I was watching the episodes for the first time where in the other episodes Twilight was sarcastic and/or a character that takes things seriously rather then be extremely naive in a Slumber Party.

I feel like how Twilight acts in that episode is how Twilight's mirror clones would act (If you've seen Too Many Pinkie Pies).

Northern Verve said:
Jack Frost said:

Yeah, Look Before You Sleep is by far my least favorite episode of Season 1. Some people enjoy the Applejack and Rarity moments but Twilight just felt out of place especially when I was watching the episodes for the first time where in the other episodes Twilight was sarcastic and/or a character that takes things seriously rather then be extremely naive in a Slumber Party.

I feel like how Twilight acts in that episode is how Twilight's mirror clones would act (If you've seen Too Many Pinkie Pies).
I thought Rarity and Applejack did have their funny moments, but it was so dull (and like I said, Twilight is an idiot in this episode), and I think it was worse than BOAST BUSTERS. Sue me.

Jack Frost said:
Northern Verve said:
Jack Frost said:

I thought Rarity and Applejack did have their funny moments, but it was so dull (and like I said, Twilight is an idiot in this episode), and I think it was worse than BOAST BUSTERS. Sue me.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. xP Again, Look Before You Sleep is one of my least favorite of Season 1 as well as of course the show in general. And at least Boast Busters had Magic Duel in Season 3 to make up for it. And even the most often agreed worst episode of Season 1 (Feeling Pinkie Keen) had some great humor to it. There's many episodes of the show by now that I'd rather watch then LBYS. I think it's a prime example of why Season 1 wasn't always on the mark on things.

Northern Verve said:
Jack Frost said:
Northern Verve said:
Jack Frost said:

I wasn't disagreeing with you. xP Again, Look Before You Sleep is one of my least favorite of Season 1 as well as of course the show in general. And at least Boast Busters had Magic Duel in Season 3 to make up for it. And even the most often agreed worst episode of Season 1 (Feeling Pinkie Keen) had some great humor to it. There's many episodes of the show by now that I'd rather watch then LBYS. I think it's a prime example of why Season 1 wasn't always on the mark on things.
I liked that episode... besides the obvious monotheistic reference. In case you're wondering what I mean, it's because the moral is "Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it's not true." Connect the dots people.

I watched a few episodes over the holiday.

Leap of Faith: When I started watching this and Granny Smith said she wasn't a big fan of the water and that it would take a miracle for her to go back in, I expected one. Sure enough, it was in the form of one of Flim & Flam's fake products. I was surprised to see those two after what happened in their last episode. I guess they never learn. Anyway, it was fun to see more of the Apple family.

Filli Vanilli: After watching this I decided that there were too many Fluttershy-centric episodes. I quite liked how she got her deep voice back and sung for Big Mac (who said more than "yep" and "nope" when he sung). It was also interesting to see Fluttershy overcoming one of her many fears.

Twilight's Kingdom (both parts): I've always liked Discord, so it was good to see him back. It was also good to see Luna actually saying something for a change. Normally, she says only a few words or nothing. I suspected Discord to either die or become evil again, and sure enough he did join Lord Tirek, who of course betrayed him. Before I saw it I thought this was where Twilight got her wings, but I guess not. She did realise her true power or whatever the rest of the Mane Six did, and it was the amulet Discord gave her that she used for her key. I did notice their eyes going funny in some episodes (Leap of Faith being one of them) but I thought it was insignificant. It just shows how well this show was planned out.

Anyway I look forward to when Season 5 airs on Pop. (the channel I use for watching MLP)

Back