Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
I finally am caught up with all the episdoes. Ugh, I don't want to get that behind again. I loved the latest one. I was confused at first as to why Fluttershy would randomly be leaving for that whole episode...until I saw Discord.

Hans said:
the only thing that sucked about the last episode was the song
Dracomon said:
It was a little underwhelming.
Strange, considering I've listened to it about 30 times or more since I originally saw the episode, and I'm likely to listen to it more times. It's definitely not like any song in the series before this, but something about it's use of wordplay really gets to me...

Not to mention, even though John de Lancie's singing isn't all that good, he still has a very good voice. The instrumentation was good, too.

I think the main difference between this song and the other songs of the show is that they all blended together so nicely and complimented each other perfectly. This song does things a bit differently, which is off-putting at first, but it's own strengths kind of made it one of my personal favorites.

Dracomon said:
Good point. And very fitting because of Discord.
I've said this before I'll say this again, this song, whether the instrumentation or otherwise:

Should be Discord's lemotif from now on.

Dracomon said:
Wait, Discord hasn't sung before?

I mean, unless another episode in which he sings is slipping my mind, no.

And even so, this is a song that is basically him and him alone, so even if he has sung before, this is like the first time (iirc) where it's his song.

Discord did not sing in Return of Harmony. The only time he sung other then in this episode was the little bit of him singing Winter Wrap-Up in the Season 4 Opener.

Anna said:
Can we all just take a minute to remember that we finally get a song that Discord sings in?

I mean, isn't that enough to make this episode worthwhile!?
It most certainly is! I was actually worried about how it would sound, but since I like the final product, I'm glad we finally got a Discord song!

Hans said:
if it had been a good song it would have been worthwhile
Well, "good" is a matter of opinion. I don't know if this song is "good", I mean, having listened to it as much as I have, it definitely would count as being good, but even then, I don't know if that necessarily means it's a good song by definition. I wish I knew more about music terminology so I could explain myself better about these kinds of things.

Smashgoom202 said:
Hans said:
if it had been a good song it would have been worthwhile
Well, "good" is a matter of opinion. I don't know if this song is "good", I mean, having listened to it as much as I have, it definitely would count as being good, but even then, I don't know if that necessarily means it's a good song by definition. I wish I knew more about music terminology so I could explain myself better about these kind of things.
exactly

in my opinion, it wasn't good

But see, the way you phrased it, it sounded like it inherently wasn't that good, and you also said it wasn't worthwhile. I thought it was worthwhile, so I was a little confused.

I said this on another forum, but I compare this to Yakko's World from Animaniacs, as a song that has a lot of words and you're just compelled to memorized it because of how much one character says in a single song.

We'll see about that... Yeah, sorry for being skeptical, but certain people on an MLP forum I go to didn't seem that impressed (you know the one I'm talking about, Northern Verve). Not to mention, the last time Amy Keating Rogers wrote a Pinkie Pie episode, it REALLY frustrated and angered me... Now in retrospect more then ever. Like, Dave Polsky's Feeling Pinkie Keen levels of rage.

That being said, Weird Al's in it, so I'm bound to enjoy it at least somewhat.

Smashgoom202 said:
We'll see about that... Yeah, sorry for being skeptical, but certain people on an MLP forum I go to didn't seem that impressed (you know the one I'm talking about, Northern Verve). Not to mention, the last time Amy Keating Rogers wrote a Pinkie Pie episode, it REALLY frustrated and angered me... Now in retrospect more then ever. Like, Dave Polsky's Feeling Pinkie Keen levels of rage.

That being said, Weird Al's in it, so I'm bound to enjoy it at least somewhat.

If you mean Equestria Forums. Er... I only saw one person who seemed to not have liked it so much. (But it was someone that disagrees with me about alot of episodes of the show. Ex: Lesson Zero, Magical Mystery Cure, and Twilight's character as a whole)

Back