• Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Northern Verve said:
It's real strange because for the most part they make sure to make it distinct which ponies are mares or stallions. As Stallions tend to have a bigger body, shorter tails, and MUCH longer snouts then the mares. Oh of course there's also the eyelashes.
I think Tabitha St. Germain was only just told to do a voice for a character called "Derpy". No picture, no character description, no nothing. This also leads me to believe she doesn't actually go looking for fan-made stuff, or doesn't receive much fan-made stuff, or never put it together that, if she DID see her, the gray mare with the blonde mane and kooky eyes is Derpy.

Hey look, guys, a new princess! Introducing Princess Skyla!

69170__.jpg

69170__.jpg

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/08/new-pony-toy-spotted-princess-skyla.html

Who could she be? She DOES look like she could be Cadence's daughter... She also looks like a cross between Sweetie Belle and Diamond Tiara... In any case... Boy what an ugly doll to introduce her with...

A sudden thought occurs... Perhaps Hasbro noticed how much fans loved Princess Luna instead of Celestia, so they thought (with typical producer logic) that fans must really like princesses, so they keep introducing new ones! ...Groundless, probably, but still, just a thought.

interesting. is this out in stores and do these doll thingies contain little bios on the back of the package? thatd be worth checking out

:dk:

The toy is well... bad. But I'll regard judgement until the character actually shows up. I learned from Cadence and Shining Armor we shouldn't judge just by their looks and description. They turned out alright in my honest opinion. Why can't Skyra if she's a real character in the show? Just saying that in similarity to don't judge a book by it's cover. Don't judge a character by it's toy in this case.

My opinion of those first two is well-known in these parts (though I always give second chances, and I don't hate them like i used to; it's clear that the finale was more meant for the target audience). Given that the filly looks the same age as the CMC, it probably rules out her being Cadence & Armor's daughter; maybe she's Cadence's sister? She also seems to be a Sweetie Belle recolor; there's a possibility that she's just a toy. And Hasbro really needs to stop making more alicorns, which Skyla seems to be.

I've noticed that the toy has Skyla saying "Mommy, are you a princess too?". That could possibly mean that her mother is also a princess, and that makes me also believe that she is Cadance's daughter.

Magikrazy said:
I've noticed that the toy has Skyla saying "Mommy, are you a princess too?". That could possibly mean that her mother is also a princess, and that makes me also believe that she is Cadance's daughter.

You could think that. But it also could refer to the owner of the toy. Namely a little girl. Just like how those talking baby toys say "Mommy".

Or it could be foreshadowing that soon, the takeover of planet Earth will begin.

Sorry for the subject change, but you guys remember NQ's art contest a while back? The one where our favorite video games were made into children's books? I submitted my entry for that to Equestria Daily's Newbie Artist Training Grounds for Day 7. (Draw a pony locked in conflict).

I just wanna see if I get any kind of feedback period.

I've actually started writing a MLP fanfic. Due to my need to procrastinate on everything, I doubt I'll finish it anytime soon, but I will complete it eventually. So what's it about? A crossover between MLP and the TV show Castle, of couse. Yeah, it's silly, but I have seen everything from Zero Punctuation to Kingdom Hearts to House to Silent Hill to everything else being crossed-over with the show, so why not.

The premise (it's based off the idea that Friendship is Magic is an existing show in the Castle-verse):
After an anonymous tip is left to the NYPD, detectives Beckett, Ryan, and Esposito are sent to investigate it, with Castle in tow. When they enter the alleyway, they find Twilight Sparkle, who has been testing out her dimensional teleporting spell. Since she had already been spotted, she offers a deal: She’ll transform them into ponies and let them into Ponyville in exchange for never telling anyone about her. Naturally, Castle leaps at the offer, and with it being a slow week at the agency, the detectives agree as well. Once there, however, they stumble upon a murder, of all things. Since Ponyville never bothered with an actual police force, the four new ponies offer their skills to solve this case.

That's roughly the direction I want the fic to take. I'd appreciate any comments, advice, etc.

Also, for the other fans of the show, what would Ryan's cutie mark be?

Thrackerzod said:
Sorry for the subject change, but you guys remember NQ's art contest a while back? The one where our favorite video games were made into children's books? I submitted my entry for that to Equestria Daily's Newbie Artist Training Grounds for Day 7. (Draw a pony locked in conflict).

Can you show it here? I think I need to be reminded of what exactly you drew.

@GreenDisaster: Say if I may ask. I remember you once said "Am I the only one who hasn't watched this show?". I'm curious when you started to watch it. If that's alright. I'm curious with stories regarding how different people started to like this show.

The day I first found out about MLP was on SM's "Spriting is Magic" page on UP. I obviously didn't get the reference. Then I saw an animation which pretty much introduced "Jorge watches MLP:FiM". Of course I had no idea what this meant either, and I considered all the possible choices. Then one day in chat, you guys invited me to watch the show, and now, here we are. Almost 1 year later, and I've become a Muse/My Little Pony/Karen Gillan obsessed secret vigilante under the name of Skullhat who fights crime on the streets of Plymouth every single night.

What a fantastic year it's been.

A security guy from BroNYCon gives us some insider knowledge about Lauren and her work on FiM!

"Gondor for little girls"? Sounds pretty awesome to me! :D

Hopefully Jayson Thiessen, Meghan McCarthy, and the rest of the remaining staff will get to episodes about the parents of Celestia and Luna, as well as Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. I'm going to assume Applejack's parents aren't around anymore, so I could understand if they never get to an episode with them in it... I wouldn't mind seeing Pinkie's parents, and her sisters, in the current timeline, though.

Twilight was inspired by her mother? How sweet! Fluttershy inspired by her childhood? That makes a whole lot of sense, actually. Tara Strong mentioned that she's not used to getting this much attention, and actually CRIED when she saw ALL THOSE FANS cheering her name at BroNYcon. I'm sure that wasn't out of anxiety as it was from not expecting this sort of fanbase for something she created.

You know, I'm kind of glad about the copyright stuff forcing Lauren to use different ponies, not that there's anything wrong with using the characters Lauren grew up with and preferred, but still, the original cast just had too much white and pink for my tastes... Rainbow Dash being blue and rainbow-colored really made the mane 6 feel more diverse in terms of design. I also think it's funny that Rainbow Dash USED to be like Rarity, all about fashion and looking good, even though her name would seem to imply more of the personality you see in this incarnation.

Yeah, I know about THAT kind of character. At times, she really DOES seem to be the sort of cuckoolander simpleton who really borders on annoying like the two characters mentioned in that video... But most of the time, she's not. She seems to have enough sense of reality to really get along with other ponies. I also don't like the whole "Pinkie Pie breaks the fourth wall" stuff. She more or less leans on it, never actually acknowledging it like so many people assume, they play with that a few times, but it's not what Lauren intended, and I never really got that kind of vibe from her to begin with.

Tabitha St. Germain IS Rarity. End of story.

Scootaloo is a handicap... THIS MAKES SO MUCH SENSE NOW! All those times where Scootaloo could barely fly off the ground, people pointing out that Pound Cake and the steroid pony could fly with such small wings... Even all that fanart guessing that it was because of a handicap, all right on the money! I think that's an awesome (if not a bit sad) idea, and I wished they had implemented her episodes while she was still working on the show... Hopefully, season 3 will pick up on that. I also like the idea of knowing the difference between what you want and what you're good at, that seems to be a major problem with Scootaloo. Sure, it may seem like a problem with the CMC as a whole, but it seems that Scoots in particular suffers from this more often. SUCH a good idea, too!

I would have preferred that Lauren stick to her vision of Ditzy Doo, so much conflict would have been avoided... Besides, "Derpy Hooves" isn't really that good of a name, even though I do like calling her Derpy.

I read up on the mythology of Changelings, some people don't get Lauren enough credit. I actually have seen people think that they came up with the name "Changeling" for the show itself, or at the very least, didn't like the name. Well, you know, if you don't like the name, that's one thing, but it's what those creatures were called, and it's really unique how they managed to adapt that creature into this show. Seriously, the way Lauren and her crew take mythological creatures and put this in the show is just awesome, it shows that there's so much more that goes into this so-called "little girls show"!

I love that pony living with deers concept. Hasbro probably didn't like that idea, thinking it was "too edgy" for a girl's show, or Hell, even a kid's show. That sort of concept seems really adult, even though I'm sure some kids can relate to it, but since she didn't say how it would end, it seems pretty ambiguous about whether or not Rainbow Dash or Applejack were right... I can see why it didn't get greenlit.

I think I knew about this, or at the very least, I know that Craig McCracken, Genndy Tartakovsky, and Rob Rezentti were close collaborators. Their works definitely had a similar feel to them, which I liked both as a kid and now.

TOTALLY seeing Wander Over Yonder when it comes out! Until then, Gravity Falls will hold me over.

Bane said:
The day I first found out about MLP was on SM's "Spriting is Magic" page on UP. I obviously didn't get the reference. Then I saw an animation which pretty much introduced "Jorge watches MLP:FiM". Of course I had no idea what this meant either, and I considered all the possible choices. Then one day in chat, you guys invited me to watch the show, and now, here we are. Almost 1 year later, and I've become a Muse/My Little Pony/Karen Gillan obsessed secret vigilante under the name of Skullhat who fights crime on the streets of Plymouth every single night.

What a fantastic year it's been.

Yeah I still remember that. We were watching "The Best Night Ever" too. Good times :)

Let me post, dammit.
Northern Verve said:
@GreenDisaster: Say if I may ask. I remember you once said "Am I the only one who hasn't watched this show?". I'm curious when you started to watch it. If that's alright. I'm curious with stories regarding how different people started to like this show.
I probably would have never heard about the show if it wasn't for the people here. Eventually, I tried to watch it, but every time I tried, the "little boy" part of me would always tell me "It's for girls, don't watch it!", and I would listen. Then I stumbled upon FIMFiction.net. I started reading some of the good fics on the site, and eventually I started watching actual episodes.

GreenDisaster said:
Am I the only one here that hasn't watched the show?

I started watching for two reasons. One, I figured, if a lot of people like it, how bad could it be?

The second: SM had some links in his sig at the time about why he liked MLP. And one of them made me realize that the show was just like any other show, only with ponies instead of humans. And so I decided to watch it.

Paper Jorge said:
oh man

shame we didnt do that again this year

Couldn't of done it because we don't really have the circumstances to do it. Back then I wasn't limited by Bandwith with the Internet. You guys would have to do most of it without me if we had done Season 2. Besides, it did what it did. I think the Chat Sessions was a way to introduce the show while having fun with friends in the community. The series wouldn't have gained as many fans in this community in so fast a time then had we not done it. Apart of the fun is most people watching were chatting and seeing episodes for the first time. It wouldn't have been the case with Season 2.

Northern Verve said:
Thrackerzod said:

Can you show it here? I think I need to be reminded of what exactly you drew.
ninbooks_007.jpg

I started watching it last year when SM and Jorge were doing that weekly(?) "Let's Watch" event.

Fassad said:
I started watching it last year when SM and Jorge were doing that weekly(?) "Let's Watch" event.

Yeah it was weekly. We did 4 episodes a week. Usually on Weekends unless we had a delay. On normal weeks without delays we did 2 on saturday and another 2 on sunday.

Back