replacement

ChrisAlassal

Monty Mole
I can't see anyone else working as the main character of the Mario series.
 

Storm Yoshi

Cyclone Microsoft, it'll make your windows crash
One of the big 8 would take his place.
 

Booster

Cheep Cheep
Retired Wiki Staff
But without Mario, they never would've made that green palette swap they call Luigi.

Weren't they considering Popeye at one point?
 

Smiddle

Power Star
Uniju said:
Booster said:
But without Mario, they never would've made that green palette swap they call Luigi.

Weren't they considering Popeye at one point?
Yes. Mario's character was actually based on him.
Very loosely.

They just made up some guy.

Red hat because Shigeru was not a good hair designer.
Blue overalls to make the arm movements more noticeable.

Low-tech boosts creativity, kind of...
 

Dodoman

King Bowser
George Lopez.
 

Sir Grodus

King Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
This question pretty much has no answer...

It would have made somewhat more sense to ask who would you have replace Mario as the main character.
 

Croshi

Koopa Troopa
Luigi. Then, of course, the Luigi of the Mario series would be... Mario?
 

3Dejong

THIS PERSONAL TEXT IS SILLY!
Smiddle said:
Croshi said:
Luigi. Then, of course, the Luigi of the Mario series would be... Mario?
And Mario would be "Luigi" :eek:
Gadzooks.

If they had never created Mario, the Mario series would not be here. It'd be a weird spin-off of some movie dude.
 

Smiddle

Power Star
3dejong said:
Smiddle said:
Croshi said:
Luigi. Then, of course, the Luigi of the Mario series would be... Mario?
And Mario would be "Luigi" :eek:
Gadzooks.

If they had never created Mario, the Mario series would not be here. It'd be a weird spin-off of some movie dude.
No, it could be some random guy with a grey cap 'n shirt and yellow overalls and black shoes and red hair named "Adriano" *shudder*
 
Top