Donkey Kong Kicked out of Mario Party: Why?

Stumpers

Hammer Bro.
Retired Wiki Staff
Donkey Kong provided a variety to the cast of Mario characters that I sorely miss. It's sort of like how it would be if Yoshi was removed. So, why would Hudson do this? Here's my theory:

I was reading about Kingdom Hearts the other day and I found out that "The Lion King" was planned as one of the worlds in the first game, but was canned because it required that the main characters transform into four-legged animals, which would require programming that the designers didn't have time or space for.

Donkey Kong dissappeared in Mario Party 5, which had a lot more content-wise than Mario Party 4. Did Donkey Kong require this extra programming? Was his size limiting the possibilities of min-games? I'll give Hudson the benefit of the doubt and call DK's removal from 5 programming limitations, but seriously. This company is notoriously lazy with the Mario Party series. I could see them not wanting to bother programing DK in for 6, 7, and 8 after they realized that his removal did not hurt the sales of 5.

I think they got rid of him because they couldn't be bothered to programe a new character for the dk space. So they canned DK and turned him into a space like they did with mini bowser.

Super Yoshi10 said:
I think they got rid of him because they couldn't be bothered to programe a new character for the dk space. So they canned DK and turned him into a space like they did with mini bowser.

Exactly my thought.

In Soviet Russia, DK removes YOU!!

Shouldn't this be in teh Donkey Kong Forums? Or is it here because it's about Mario Party?/

They figured that he was too big, and they wanted an anti-Bowser type character.

Theres nothing wrong with MP! ok so some of em were failiures but its a good series

As redundant as they may truly be, multiplayer is always fun. But single player mode sucks.

Yeah single player isn't as fun as multiplayer. MP5 was bad but MP6 MP7 MP8 were good and we don't know yet how good or bad MPDS will be. Oh and MPA must've sucked judging by the comments.

Waluigi kicked DK out.

Bad bad Waluigi.

Sooner or later, there's gonna be a WK.

Wonkey Kong.

they may as well add diddy kong for a dk replacement.

Diidy pwnz Donkey kong

Since they've started a trend of adding two new characters each to the newer titles, the next duo should be Diddy and Dixie.

And yeah, I've played single player when I'm really bored, but it's pretty dumb. I usually only play it to unlock stuff you can't unlock with multiplayer.

I know!
One day, DK pissed off a Duplighost by eating all his bananas. So the day before Mario Party 5 came out, the Duplighost took form of Mario and told DK that he couldn't come to his parties anymore, and he was demoted to crappy space person.

The series was heavy on characters and DK didn't fit in as a playable character. he works much better as the good space while Bowser's is the bad.

FYI: They replaced D K with Toad ;)

WarioLoaf said:
The series was heavy on characters and DK didn't fit in as a playable character. he works much better as the good space while Bowser's is the bad.

FYI: They replaced D K with Toad ;)

Toadsworth fits better for a good space.

Back