Why do people like Boxing and Baseball so much in Wii Sports?

Mario Super Sluggers

The Baby Fan
I don't get it. Boxing has TONS OF LUCK in it. Knock the opponent down, and you have to hope that they don't get back up. If they get back up, and they knock you down, you have to hope that you get back up. This repeats. If the opponent does not get back up, you win because of luck. If you do not get back up, you lose because of luck. See the problem?

Baseball has a similar story. There are no extra innings, and the stupid fielders can make a mistake that causes you to give up points to your opponents. I can remember one time in which my brother hit the ball very lightly, and the stupid Miis fielding for my team failed to catch it. He got at least a single for that. No double plays and no base stealing add to the list of why Wii Sports is lame.

Maybe that's why.
And why do you like Wii Sports so much?

I liked boxing, because it actually gave me exercise on my arms, plus I'm beating other Miis up. Otherwise, meh.

Baseball? No, I hate baseball. If I want baseball, I'd play Mario Super Sluggers, which outclasses this one in every way possible, and you can even play as your Miis in Super Sluggers, so yeah.

I though Bowling and Tennis were more popular, honestly.

I don't like Wii Sports. I like Resort more.

BLOF: Why not Swordplay from Wii Sports Resort?

Cause I don't have Wii Sports Resort. I only watched my cousins play it

Boxing and Baseball are not pure luck. They are both quite the opposite, they require strategy in the form of timing, those games are all about timing.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
I liked boxing, because it actually gave me exercise on my arms, plus I'm beating other Miis up. Otherwise, meh.

Baseball? No, I hate baseball. If I want baseball, I'd play Mario Super Sluggers, which outclasses this one in every way possible, and you can even play as your Miis in Super Sluggers, so yeah.

I though Bowling and Tennis were more popular, honestly.
OUTCLASSES IT?!? MSS was a terrible game, you can swing (or even twitch) the Wii remote as lazily as possible and still have a high chance of wining. At least in Wii Sports you have to hold the Wii Remote like a baseball bat or else it will not function properly.

Well, in Mario Super Sluggers, you can control your fielders and runners, something Wii Sports Baseball really lacked, and it is an important lack. Stats for different characters also add depth into the game. And you must time your hits properly or they'll fly into the direction you don't want to, so you can't just twitch it randomly for even a slight chance of winning.

And that sounds stupid, holding the Wii mote as a bat or it won't function properly. It's not practical.

No, you can't control the fielder or runner, unless your using a nunchuk attachment then that argument is invalid, but I do have to agree on the stats.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Well, in Mario Super Sluggers, you can control your fielders and runners, something Wii Sports Baseball really lacked, and it is an important lack. Stats for different characters also add depth into the game. And you must time your hits properly or they'll fly into the direction you don't want to, so you can't just twitch it randomly for even a slight chance of winning.

And that sounds stupid, holding the Wii mote as a bat or it won't function properly. It's not practical.

Actually yes you can, and you basically repeated my support for Wii Sports.

Actually (again >_>) it is practical since it is more precise on which way the Wii mote is facing and every single movement of it. "And that sounds stupid, holding the Wii mote as a bat...." wow that makes you sound like an incredibly lazy person. What do you want to do, hold it like a golf club?

No, but I rather shake it like in Mario Super Slugger. All you have to do is to hold it up and move it down.

Besides, Mario Super Sluggers is a personal preference to me than Wii Sports. I liked error items, star swings, big variety of characters, a lot of stadiums to choose from, and the minigames. It just suited me more than Wii Sports, especially on the multiplayer aspect where I rather team up than play against each other. And TC has made a good point on why the baseball sucks for this game.

Boxing is not about luck. If you're good enough you will know if and with how much health someone will get back up with each time.

Boxing is not luck at all. It's just how fast you manage to take down an opponent determine whether or not he can get up.

No, it has more to do with combos and how hard the hits are.

Because being a sedintary shut-in that only plays video games is a bad thing.

I like the Boxing because it is fun. I don't really like the Baseball though. I have only won Baseball once.

Back