Life of a female gamer while being mother, hacker, programmer, SysAdmin, etc.

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
You won't hear/read this a lot in these days, but there is a woman on Earth, she is a Student, Gamer, Hacker, Mother, Beginner's Programmer, System Administrator, Press Media, Webhoster, Webmaster, and Servicedesk Employee.
She has to do all of these things, but still has a lot of spare time.
Aside of that, she will become a Game Developer in a few years.
That woman, is me!

That's right, I have all of these statuses, and I still have a lot of spare time!
How do I do that, you might ask?
I sometimes combine my work, and sometimes I do stuff out of boredom.
I'm currently studying for Application Developer (Programmer) at a college, and in order to complete my studies, I have to work on a Servicedesk/SysAdmin company.
While doing that, I mainly do Webmastering, Webhosting, and release Press News on 1 screen, do Servicedesk and SysAdmin stuff on the 2nd, and watch on Forums and YouTube on the 3rd.
When I get home, I have to do some of the home stuff (my husband and mother help me with that).
Then I have some spare time, so I'm Hacking games, Playing games, learn Programming, and do my Homework.
After all of that, I still have time left, so I'm on Forums, YouTube, MSN, and all of that stuff.
Then I go to sleep on 23:00 PM CET, and wake up on 4:00 AM CET.

All of this, it's not a big deal to me, as I love to do these things.
I wrote this column, because there are a lot of people asking me how I do that.
The key answer is, ICT is my hobby, and I can do very random things when I'm bored, from looking into other's hacks to developing a CMS system, from solving a ticket to re-organizing my workspace.

Re: Live of a female gamer while being mother, hacker, programmer, SysAdmin, etc.

Wow. Seriously that's crazy. :P

But seriously, in two years when you make the next big game for a nintendo console, I'm buying it, if there is an English version

Re: Live of a female gamer while being mother, hacker, programmer, SysAdmin, etc.

When did you get married again? You're 19?

>>Beagle
Why wouldn't there be one?

>>Cave Johnson
Yes, I'm 19.
No, we didn't marry yet (but it's planned for next year).

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D said:
>>Beagle

>>Cave Johnson
Yes, I'm 19.
good luck then! You're a very admirable person.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D said:
>>Beagle

>>Cave Johnson
Yes, I'm 19.
Well, cause not all games are released in the US all the time.

Believe me, there are a lot more games out in the US, and in EU.

Sorry to nitpick but shouldn't it start with "Life of female gamer" ? Live is usually a verb. I'm 99% sure it needs the letter "f" in the context you have it in.

Right, never knew when to use "Live" and "Life".
Fix'd.

Kids, remember

always use protection

None yet, as I'm just learning that.

I want to start off with a simple concept in 2D, so I can see how it really works.
After building up some experience, I'd switch to 3D.
What that simple concept is, I won't tell that yet, as it doesn't even exist yet.

I try to get there, but it's always better to start with something simple, but that's logical.

Before I forget, tell me the week before your wedding, or start a thread.
I like saying congratulations.
Also, how is Emma(it is Emma, right?) doing?

I'll try thinking about that.
Emma is healthy, most of the time, she's sleeping, so that's not of a very great deal yet.
Plus I work from home, so I don't have to worry about asking for a babysitter.

Back