Death in pokémon games

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
I know there are already graves in the pokémon world and that there are the pokémon towers.

I just wonder why I never saw a pokémon die in the game... the Marowak is a exception.

FireUmbreon said:
I know there are already graves in the pokémon world and that there are the pokémon towers.

I just wonder why I never saw a pokémon die in the game... the Marowak is a exception.
PMD 2 had a lot of deaths.

PokemonMaster said:
FireUmbreon said:

Really?

I've never noticed 'em.

FireUmbreon said:
PokemonMaster said:
FireUmbreon said:

Really?

I've never noticed 'em.

Grovyle was almost killed by Dusknoir in PMD3. The main character dies. Celebi dies. Dusknoir dies. Grovyle dies. Dialga dies. The Sableye die. They all get revived though.

I guess Pokemon don't die because Nintendo and GameFreak can't have that happening in E-Rated games especially something light-hearted like Pokemon and besides, what if your pokemon died? Then you'd have to go and catch a new one to replace the one you lost and it seems like it would become a real pain for the uncommon types and I think the ghost-types would count as Pokemon dying because well, they're ghosts.

They ruled out Pokemon dying in battle because of something like, "pointless violence".

There's always the theory about Green/Blue's Raticate.
Not everyone believes that, though, since it was never explicitly stated due to it being rated E.

Of course Slowpokes can survive without tails. It's like how we can survive with an amputated limb.

Where did Ghastlies come from? And how can you hatch ghost Pokemon when they are supposed to be dead?

Pokemon don't die due to simple fact of parents way back then. Death was pretty big in video games, so they wanted it be more lighthearted and just make everything pass out or get revived later.

Which is kind of weird too since when you kill a legendary it just vanishes forever.

FOREVER

Zae said:
Pokemon don't die due to simple fact of parents way back then. Death was pretty big in video games, so they wanted it be more lighthearted and just make everything pass out or get revived later.

Which is kind of weird too since when you kill a legendary it just vanishes forever.

FOREVER
Not Zekrom, Victini and Reshiram.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Where did Ghastlies come from? And how can you hatch ghost Pokemon when they are supposed to be dead?

Ninte-uh, I mean GameFreak logic, excuse me. Or maybe the egg itself is also a ghost similar to how Chauncey was born as a ghost in Luigi's Mansion.

Probably when you faint a legendary, it runs away, just like how the Snorlax does in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Probably when you faint a legendary, it runs away, just like how the Snorlax does in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
Upon defeating Kyurem it says it "The Pokemon vanished into the darkness of the cave."

Pokémon can die only in the Pokémon manga. They can kill too. According to Wikidex, Green's Charmeleon cut off the Koga's Arbok head in a chapter.
But what happens with that Raticate is a mystery...

Chivi-chivik said:
Pokémon can die only in the Pokémon manga. They can kill too. According to Wikidex, Green's Charmeleon cut off the Koga's Arbok head in a chapter.
Retcon. It was later established in a throwaway fight that that Arbok was able to regenerate from such a wound, while others could not.

Chivi-chivik said:
The manga is considered little to violent.

PokemonMaster said:
Chivi-chivik said:
It is considered. But it has got very interesting things in it.

PokemonMaster said:
Chivi-chivik said:

I'm too busy thinking how badass that is.

The manga is so good anyway.

Zae said:
PokemonMaster said:
Chivi-chivik said:

I'm too busy thinking how badass that is.

The manga is so good anyway.

The manga sometimes is better than anime. You can see things that never appear in anime (I like the battles between Kanto leaders and Johto leaders). And the are so cool!!

Chivi-chivik said:
The manga sometimes is better than anime. You can see things that never appear in anime (I like the battles between Kanto leaders and Johto leaders). And the are so cool!!
Yes, and Crystal gets a role.

PokemonMaster said:
Chivi-chivik said:
Yes, and Crystal gets a role.
Sure :D
Blue was first seen there as the girl of the 1st Gen, then she was put on the RedFire/Leafgreen remakes.

Back