Dragon Ball Z Kai New Episodes

Ultramariologan

This guy apparently ate Wario.
So, are you intrested in the new episodes of Dragon Ball Z Kai on February 9th? If so, please talk about it here.

I Wish You A Kamehamehamas!

I'm interested. I've been watching Dragon Ball Z since 1998, when re-runs of the heavily edited Saban/Ocean dub were being aired on Cartoon Network. I've been a fan of the series ever since, watching that, as well as Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball GT all the way through. While I do still enjoy the old DBZ dub, Kai gets major points for staying true to the Japanese script.

Although I seen all of Dragonball Z originally I like to see what Kai has done for it. A shortened version of the series is great for getting new fans into it, although there are somethings I preferred in the original english dub series. Although there was a hell load of unneeded filler (Though it was kinda necessary as in Japan Toriyama haven't even completed the Manga yet), there were some scenes that actually the filler helped out with in building tension or was an interesting way to include side characters in which otherwise they'd appear for a few seconds and not appear until the next small scene. I'll be interested in how Kai handles the Android Saga, where I think the only meaningless filler was a few episodes waiting for the Cell Games otherwise most of the scenes in the Saga were done well even if drawn out.

Another complaint I have is the music, there's too less variety even if the music is good. Say what you want about Bruce Faulconer's music being a little overpowering but at least there were more songs and the themes I think fit pretty well. I just hope Kai gets at least some more different music for the Android saga the latest new song I heard was Frieza's theme but other then that it's been music that's been there even in the Saiyan Saga

Hockeytown said:
Say what you want about Bruce Faulconer's music being a little overpowering but at least there were more songs and the themes I think fit pretty well.
This. I grew up listening to Bruce Faulconer's music, and I'll never understand why so many people hate it. I personally thought it was better than the Japanese track in virtually every way. Aside from the songs that were reused from the first Dragon Ball series, there were next to no memorable tracks in the Japanese score.

Mephiles the Dark said:
Hockeytown said:
Say what you want about Bruce Faulconer's music being a little overpowering but at least there were more songs and the themes I think fit pretty well.
This. I grew up listening to Bruce Faulconer's music, and I'll never understand why so many people hate it. I personally thought it was better than the Japanese track in virtually every way. Aside from the songs that were reused from the first Dragon Ball series, there were next to no memorable tracks in the Japanese score.

Yeah, I did remember a scene in this I missed Bruce's music. When Piccolo arrives in the fight against Frieza. This Plays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAxf8UQ1zps&feature=related

In Kai it played this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcHAEB5vTac

I thought the use of Faulconer's music better fit the scene

For the most part I think Faulconer's music was overall better used in way of fitting the scene. There's a whole Youtube channel with I think a lot of the Kai music and there is variety but so far. Some of the music are rarely used as others. Even if I gotta admit the music is still good. One good thing Kai did was the mourning music, kinda comparable to the Sad music in the first Budokai video game. I however hope that the next Saga uses more different music, I'm not saying Kai has bad music at all. Maybe Cell, Androids, and later on Buu wll have their own Kickass theme's. Though in Japan they're in the Cell Games already so maybe people who watch the Subs instead of the Dubs online already know the answer

I do like this show, but I like the old Over 9000! scene better than the Kai one

DBZ original dub:

Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?

Vegeta takes off scouter and crushes it

Vegeta: IT'S OVER 9000!

Nappa: What 9000?! There's no way that can be right!

Kai:

Nappa: Vegeta, Vegeta! What's wrong with you?! Tell me what his power level is!

Vegeta takes off scouter and crushes it

Vegeta: IT'S OVER 9000!

Nappa: What 9000?! You got to be kidding me! That things a piece of junk!

In the end, I give DBZK an 8/10

My old post seemed so out of context.

Kai is decent, but I noticed that Vegeta was saying something (in his head) about Bulma like "I have to admit, she is brave." I forget exact wording. Way further implying he was going get together with her. In the original dubs he just calls her an idiot or something and I don't remember him thinking that.

I guess it's kind of a cute addition. I'll post a more accurate comparison if no one beats me to the punch.

Back