The Let's Play Thread

Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

Just finished watching the next episode of Super Paper Mario. Chuggaa missed a Catch Card in Green's house. As for the whole video, it would've been a little bit shorter if Chuggaa has answered Red's question properly, hadn't talked to those two NPC's, and flipped into 3D and jumped over the fence to go down the warp pipe where Thoreau was.

Just watched the new episode of SPM. You're right, he missed a Catch Card, and also referred to the episode as Episode 2, not 3. Two errors in one episode; Chuggaa's just failing left and right.

As for funny moments, I liked that whole Watchitt cutscene, and how he replayed "Dumplings" at the end.

You know, I can't wait to see his rage at the two Pits of 100 Trials at the end of this LP when he does all the sidequests, and that sequence of events you have to go through to get Piccolo, too.

Assuming he does one sub-chapter per video (which is exactly what he's been doing so far), I'll just watch the ones with bosses and interlude cutscenes.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Something I found in YouTube comments, that people noticed. I'll just quote it.

"Wow chugga is so arrogant in this video, saying that "oh im last, this must be opposite land" implying that hes always in first. He is also complaining because he was in last place the first 4 turns. Tim has never won a board and has been in last place all the time. I've never heard him complain once. Even John has been pretty good about it. How arrogant chugga is just pisses me off."

I agree with this.

Just gonna let you know: Chugga was joking just to keep with the "Opposite Land" theme. Banks were giving coins, NCS was in the lead for the most part, Chugga was angry and ranting, Jon was happy and somewhat excited at times. It was literally "Opposite Land".

Oh, he's recording the SPM episodes in advance now, so it looks like he won't be getting that catch card he missed last episode.

A funny moment recap for this episode: this had me laughing pretty hard, and when he said "Wario's got competition" after O'Chunks left.

I can't believe he didn't finish the freaking chapter.

lol Wario's got competition. :P Also, the Cherbil comments were kind of funny.

Creeper said:

"Wow chugga is so arrogant in this video, saying that "oh im last, this must be opposite land" implying that hes always in first. He is also complaining because he was in last place the first 4 turns. Tim has never won a board and has been in last place all the time. I've never heard him complain once. Even John has been pretty good about it. How arrogant chugga is just pisses me off."

I agree with this.

Just gonna let you know: Chugga was joking just to keep with the "Opposite Land" theme. Banks were giving coins, NCS was in the lead for the most part, Chugga was angry and ranting, Jon was happy and somewhat excited at times. It was literally "Opposite Land".

Yeah, thats what I got from it, the comment was a quote. I'm not sure if anybody saw the " " marks on the edges,

So Chuggaa's at the doctor's.

Post from Facebook page:

Unfortunately, there will not be a new Super Paper Mario today as I'm going to be at the doctor for the rest of the day. That aside, only Sunday passes remain for PAX Prime, so seriously get on it if you want to attend at all!

Alright, Emile's fine.

Thanks to those who were concerned! It's nothing super-major. I've had this bump on my arm for 8 years and the other day, it got hit causing it to break open and become a source of infection. I just needed to go to the doctor to see if it needed to be surgically removed and it doesn't.

TRG is done with Mario Party 2 and next week, they'll be having some guests.

Josh, Lucahjin, CloudfangLP, PurpleRodri, Jon Paula, and ALoyalGamer will presumably show up next week.

Yeah apparently they're doing
Mario Power Tennis
or one of those games.
Personally I'm not that excited for it but I'll see how it goes.

They must be having another tournament. I'm interested in seeing how it'll turn out (assuming they're going to turn on the Power Shots).

Nega-Man said:
he missed a Catch Card

Didn't he say he would only be getting the Catch Cards that he knew the locations of?

Yes. He definitely said that he would not try to get them all.

Creeper said:

I agree with this.

Yeah, thats what I got from it, the comment was a quote. I'm not sure if anybody saw the " " marks on the edges,

I don't quite think you understand what I mean. You said you agreed with that. I was just making a point to sort of prove the youtube comment wrong. It seemed kind of weird that you agreed with that, because I don't think the commenter understood it was part of a joke.

Well it was top comment, so there were people that agreed. But I'm not the be that wrote it so I don't know what was going on when he was writing it. Like I said, quoted.

I understood that it was a joke, but even then, it was still pretty arrogant.

Well it was top comment, so there were people that agreed. But I'm not the be that wrote it so I don't know what was going on when he was writing it. Like I said, quoted.

I understood that it was a joke, but even then, it was still pretty arrogant.
You're acting as if ProtonJon never completely goes out of his way to screw Chuggaa over.
He was especially nice in the NSMBW LP, wasn't he?

I'm sure I remember one of them popping somone else's bubble constantly in NSMBW.

Yoshidude99 said:
I'm sure I remember one of them popping somone else's bubble constantly in NSMBW.
ProtonJon literally would grab Chuggaa and throw him into a pit. Repeatedly.

Nabber said:
Yoshidude99 said:

That was one of that LP's defining characteristics.

Mario4Ever said:
Nabber said:
Yoshidude99 said:

That was one of that LP's defining characteristics.
I would vouch for that LP to be my favorite LP of all time.

Speed running tactics? Chuggaa could've just used the Return Pipe to go up the door. That's a speed running tactic.

Back