Sprites recolor made by Me

DyegoHalliwell_IceMario

Previously DHalliwell
DHIceMario-SpriteSheet.png

DHIceMario_Sprite-Cryokinesis.png

Those sprites were made by me for the comics, I was going to erase the mustache, but it was way too hard.

Re: Sprites made by Me

Sprites made by Me
It's a rip, Dyego. You didn't make it! Nice job with the recolor anyway, though it has some tiny pixel errors. Also props for keeping the multiple shades per color (unlike a lot of people here.) All in all it could be a three second job if you have the right tools though. =/

Re: Sprites made by Me

Well I mean the recolor, I will rename it after this post.
But actually I made the recolor with Photoshop, so with or without the right tools it will be a one, or two, even three day work (trust me, at some point is really boring).

Dyego Simpson Halliwell Russo said:
I was going to erase the mustache, but it was way too hard.

clipboard03rc.png

When you start a graphic project with a certain goal in mind, it is important to not compromise. If you want a Mario without a mustache, then accept nothing less than a Mario without a mustache. Always strive to achieve a result that is as close to what you imagined as possible.

By the way, there are a few misplaced pixels in there. A few spots on Mario's cap are still red for example, or there are pixels cut off at the top. You might need to double-check those.

Also, Mason is right: If you have mastered the right tools to a certain degree, a recolor like this takes only a few minutes.

Edofenrir said:
Also, Mason is right: If you have mastered the right tools to a certain degree, a recolor like this takes only a few minutes.
I have about three or four fast methods of recoloring, with the easiest to explain being Old Reliable: Open MS Paint, right click the color you want to change with eye dropper tool, select the entire sheet (CTRL+A), cut the entire sheet (CTRL+X), fill the blank canvas with the color you want the eyedropped color to become and paste (CTRL+V) the sheet back with the
jFft6.png
setting. Each color has to be done separate though, and if you only want certain areas of the color change it can be a problem. There are many faster methods but I don't feel like diving into them. (I'm sure Edo already knows how to do this stuff; this is directed at the OP.)

I had a lot of recolor techniques a few years ago when I was more into spriting, the MS Paint one you just described being one of them.

Nowadays I merely remember the fastest one, so I do everything with The Gimp.

Perry Mason said:
Edofenrir said:
I have about three or four fast methods of recoloring, with the easiest to explain being Old Reliable: Open MS Paint, right click the color you want to change with eye dropper tool, select the entire sheet (CTRL+A), cut the entire sheet (CTRL+X), fill the blank canvas with the color you want the eyedropped color to become and paste (CTRL+V) the sheet back with the
jFft6.png
setting. Each color has to be done separate though, and if you only want certain areas of the color change it can be a problem. There are many faster methods but I don't feel like diving into them. (I'm sure Edo already knows how to do this stuff; this is directed at the OP.)
Holy cow, that's devious. I've always just done it pixel by pixel.

Back