Sprites recolor made by Me

DyegoHalliwell_IceMario

Previously DHalliwell

Those sprites were made by me for the comics, I was going to erase the mustache, but it was way too hard.

Puddin

eat the rich
Re: Sprites made by Me

Sprites made by Me
It's a rip, Dyego. You didn't make it! Nice job with the recolor anyway, though it has some tiny pixel errors. Also props for keeping the multiple shades per color (unlike a lot of people here.) All in all it could be a three second job if you have the right tools though. =/

DyegoHalliwell_IceMario

Previously DHalliwell
Re: Sprites made by Me

Well I mean the recolor, I will rename it after this post.
But actually I made the recolor with Photoshop, so with or without the right tools it will be a one, or two, even three day work (trust me, at some point is really boring).

Fujiwara no Sai

Seeking for the Divine Move
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Dyego Simpson Halliwell Russo said:
I was going to erase the mustache, but it was way too hard.

When you start a graphic project with a certain goal in mind, it is important to not compromise. If you want a Mario without a mustache, then accept nothing less than a Mario without a mustache. Always strive to achieve a result that is as close to what you imagined as possible.

By the way, there are a few misplaced pixels in there. A few spots on Mario's cap are still red for example, or there are pixels cut off at the top. You might need to double-check those.

Also, Mason is right: If you have mastered the right tools to a certain degree, a recolor like this takes only a few minutes.

Puddin

eat the rich
Edofenrir said:
Also, Mason is right: If you have mastered the right tools to a certain degree, a recolor like this takes only a few minutes.
I have about three or four fast methods of recoloring, with the easiest to explain being Old Reliable: Open MS Paint, right click the color you want to change with eye dropper tool, select the entire sheet (CTRL+A), cut the entire sheet (CTRL+X), fill the blank canvas with the color you want the eyedropped color to become and paste (CTRL+V) the sheet back with the
setting. Each color has to be done separate though, and if you only want certain areas of the color change it can be a problem. There are many faster methods but I don't feel like diving into them. (I'm sure Edo already knows how to do this stuff; this is directed at the OP.)

Fujiwara no Sai

Seeking for the Divine Move
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
I had a lot of recolor techniques a few years ago when I was more into spriting, the MS Paint one you just described being one of them.

Nowadays I merely remember the fastest one, so I do everything with The Gimp.

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Perry Mason said:
Edofenrir said:
I have about three or four fast methods of recoloring, with the easiest to explain being Old Reliable: Open MS Paint, right click the color you want to change with eye dropper tool, select the entire sheet (CTRL+A), cut the entire sheet (CTRL+X), fill the blank canvas with the color you want the eyedropped color to become and paste (CTRL+V) the sheet back with the
setting. Each color has to be done separate though, and if you only want certain areas of the color change it can be a problem. There are many faster methods but I don't feel like diving into them. (I'm sure Edo already knows how to do this stuff; this is directed at the OP.)
Holy cow, that's devious. I've always just done it pixel by pixel.