Author Topic: How do I mod my 3DS?  (Read 173 times)

Hank Williams Jr.

• Hasta la vista, baby!
  • Dry Bowser
  • George Jones
  • Founder of the Sharknado Clan, formed 2015
    • View Profile
    • My GameFAQs account
How do I mod my 3DS?
« on: March 27, 2019, 11:15:31 AM »
I want to mod my 3DS, so I can mod Smash Bros. on there. Is there any good mods that I can install?
  I am addicted to Felicia, the character in the image on the left.  R.I.P. George Jones, in the image in the center and J. D. Sumner, in the image on the right.

Bandana Waddle Dee

• The Legend of Dee
  • Shine Sprite
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
Re: How do I mod my 3DS?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 11:35:17 AM »
I've modded two 3DSs in the past couple weeks, about to mod a third one, and it's really easy.  Here's a couple video tutorials to get you started (assuming you have firmware 11.9).

Part 1: Activating Homebrew Launcher

Part 2: Installing Custom Firmware (this video does work on 11.9, btw)

And if you prefer text tutorials, check out 3ds.hacks.guide.

Hank Williams Jr.

• Hasta la vista, baby!
  • Dry Bowser
  • George Jones
  • Founder of the Sharknado Clan, formed 2015
    • View Profile
    • My GameFAQs account
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 12:48:54 PM »
I have 11.8, will it work on that?
  I am addicted to Felicia, the character in the image on the left.  R.I.P. George Jones, in the image in the center and J. D. Sumner, in the image on the right.

Bandana Waddle Dee

• The Legend of Dee
  • Shine Sprite
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 01:10:36 PM »
Yes, both parts work on 11.8.

Ray Trace

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 08:39:43 PM »
Salty SD is very easy to use and the thing you use to mod Smash 3DS, but I strongly recommend you dump your Smash 3DS or at least find a dump of it online, especially if you want to make your own music for the game.

In addition, I also recommend checking out Anemone 3DS and custom badge making programs, if you want free home menu themes and badges to spice up your bland default home menu without needing to pay for any of it.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Princess Mario

• Mushroom Kingdom's Most 🦄Fabulous🦄 Wario Killer
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 06:20:33 PM »
You shouldn't rely on video tutorials to get things modded, for your information. Things are always moving in the hacking scene and videos get dated quick. Just stick to the text guides, but always pay attention to the dates stuff is published.

There are good mods on GameBanana such as Waluigi over Captain Falcon, Mr. Krabs over Wario,  and I've made some funny voice mods and all but I haven't shared those. If you want one-slot voice mods, though, beware of mirror matches, they tend to mute the voices. There's a fix for the Wii U versions, but I haven't seen tools that fix the mtb that governs one-slot voice effects.

https://gamebanana.com/games/5683