!CONSPIRACY! Bowser is not the villain, Mario is...

I have a conspiracy theory that Bowser might not be the Fire-breathing monster we all think he is. At the same time Mario might not be the lovable Pasta Plumber we all think he is either. I give you Bowser's (un-official) backstory.

So, Princess Peach is Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom. (duh) Heir to the throne, she just needs someone to become her King. She chooses a charming young man (who absolutely adores her) to sit beside her. (we'll name him George, cause why not :P) Well, another man who sought the princess's heart (only for the reason of ruling the Mushroom Kingdom) grows jealous of this George character. The night before Peach and George are to be wed, the man broke into the castle and put a curse on George, turning him into a hideous beast....

Peach hears some noises coming from George's room and she wanted to check on him. When she sees the creature, she immediately gets frightened suspecting that this beast ate her love, not knowing that it WAS her love. In utter heartbreak and disgust, George flees the castle, seeking revenge against the one who cursed him.

Some time later, George (now under the name of Bowser) gets familiarized with black magic himself and even creates his own kingdom as King of the Koopas. He learns that Peach can actually undo the spell that was cast on him. (she possess white magic) There's just one problem: There's no way he can visit the Mushroom Kingdom in peace because Peach thinks he ate George. Thinking irrationally, Bowser decides the only way to do it is to invade the Mushroom Kingdom and kidnap Princess Peach. (he also puts a curse on the place turning all of it's citizens to stone) He tries to convince Peach to use her white magic on him only to be thwarted by the same person that cursed him...... (duh duh duh)

Years later, after attempted fails of getting Peach to cure him, Bowser decides to kidnap Mario so he won't be able to thwart anymore of his plots. However he also fails at this as he unexpectedly gets thwarted by Peach. Some time after that, Bowser adopts 7 children, or "koopalings" to stir trouble around the Mushroom Kingdom and send Mario on a wild goose chase. While Mario is busy, Bowser kidnaps the princess. (and foolishly sends Mario a letter that he has done so) Mario then travels to Koopa Castle to rescue the Princess once again.

After time and time again of failing and failing to get cured from his curse, Bowser decides to kidnap the 7 "Sprixie Princesses" in hopes that they can conjure up some way to cure his curse. (of course he does this irrationally) To his dismay, Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Peach all rescue the 7 Sprixie Princesses.

After reading this, you can't not feel bad for the guy. And to think that all this time you could be controlling the main "villain" this entire time. And, think about it: A fat plumber rescuing a princess. Really? Does that even make sense? :P Obviously he's trying to stop Bowser from revealing to Peach that he's her long lost love. But really all he has to do is tell her. Kind of like a "Luke, I am your father" type of deal.

I hope you all liked my Conspiracy Theory. :D

This is more of a headcanon than a theory. You should've posted it in the Marioverse. I don't blame you though, you seem to be new here.

When I saw the title, I thought it was another joke thread.

I was disappointed

Alright, so a few questions here.

If Mario wanted to rule the Mushroom Kingdom, why would he put a monster curse on "George"? This needlessly complicates things and puts the princess in danger. In addition, Mario now has to constantly keep the princess away from Bowser to prevent any major reveal. Why didn't he just assassinate "George" when he had the chance? Hell, why doesn't he kill Bowser now? Everyone already thinks he's evil, this would only solidify Mario's position as fake hero and he could lay back and coast on easy street the rest of his life.

You mention that Bowser has to reveal to Peach that he's "George". Why doesn't he? There has to be some proof he has, like a photo of them together or something.

Hell, why doesn't he just change himself back? He's not only a fluent dark magician, but he has several trained wizards at his disposal, including Kamek, his supposed guardian.

By the way, what do you make of the Yoshi games? Everyone is still a baby, so what of this Baby Bowser? Is he a different being altogether?

And finally, how do Luigi and Bowser Jr fit into all this? Does either know about this supposed truth?
Gametron13 said:
And, think about it: A fat plumber rescuing a princess. Really? Does that even make sense?
lol, does anything in these games?

Mario doesn't really strike me as the type to put curses on people. He never displays abilities of that level and doesn't seem to have the magical aptitude.

Plus, Bowser seems to feel pretty confident about who he is. He boastfully self-identifies as evil and considering how many statues of himself he throws all over the place, he must think he's pretty handsome. Not really the reaction you'd get from someone who was polymorphed against his will.

Magikrazy said:
You mention that Bowser has to reveal to Peach that he's "George". Why doesn't he? There has to be some proof he has, like a photo of them together or something.

Physical proof wouldn't even be necessary. If they were going to marry, chances are they knew each other very well before the incident. All Bowser would have to do is tell Peach something only he would know. Like something he said during their first date, or a secret Peach told him in confidence.

Magikrazy said:
Why doesn't he just change himself back? He's not only a fluent dark magician, but he has several trained wizards at his disposal, including Kamek, his supposed guardian.

It is said in the Super Mario Bros. original manual that Peach is the only one (supposedly) that can reverse the effects of black magic. Curses are forms of Black Magic with the purpose of harming someone.

Magikrazy said:
If Mario wanted to rule the Mushroom Kingdom, why would he put a monster curse on "George"? This needlessly complicates things and puts the princess in danger. In addition, Mario now has to constantly keep the princess away from Bowser to prevent any major reveal. Why didn't he just assassinate "George" when he had the chance? Hell, why doesn't he kill Bowser now? Everyone already thinks he's evil, this would only solidify Mario's position as fake hero and he could lay back and coast on easy street the rest of his life.

Mario went in hiding after he cursed George. After Peach went back to her room, he snuck out of the castle.
It would not put Peach in danger as Bowser does not want to physically harm Peach.
If he assassinated him and not cursed him, he probably would've been put to death for murder.
The black magic that Bowser learned probably protects him from harm. But I totally agree.

Magikrazy said:
By the way, what do you make of the Yoshi games? Everyone is still a baby, so what of this Baby Bowser? Is he a different being altogether?

I did forget to mention the Yoshi Island games (mainly because I've never heard of them before I posted this) so thanks for pointing that out.

Magikrazy said:
And finally, how do Luigi and Bowser Jr fit into all this? Does either know about this supposed truth?

Luigi: Luigi is either completely oblivious to the fact, or Luigi was behind Mario for materialistic gain... Probably the first option because he is a little abusive over his brother and probably wouldn't want to share anything with him.

Bowser Jr: It's unclear how Bowser Jr came into this world to begin with, but it is confirmed by Nintendo that he is his biological son. He might have told his son about the incident as Bowser Jr has as much hatred towards Mario as his father does.

Considering how sharing theories is usually a way to facilitate conversation, ignoring people's responses is not very nice. ;)

Gametron13 said:
If he assassinated him and not cursed him, he probably would've been put to death for murder.

Using this as an explanation for why transformation is preferrable to assassination is actually a logical fallacy.

If we use the same logic in reverse, then by forcibly converting Bowser into a new form, Mario could realistically be charged with some form of assault. In fact, assassination would be the SAFER option here, as it eliminates your only witness and limits your chances of being caught. No plaintiff, no crime.

Mr. Edo said:
Considering how sharing theories is usually a way to facilitate conversation, ignoring people's responses is not very nice.
I'm sorry. :(

Mr. Edo said:
Using this as an explanation for why transformation is preferrable to assassination is actually a logical fallacy.

If we use the same logic in reverse, then by forcibly converting Bowser into a new form, Mario could realistically be charged with some form of assault. In fact, assassination would be the SAFER option here, as it eliminates your only witness and limits your chances of being caught. No plaintiff, no crime.
Ooh, you DO make a very excellent point. Punishment for cursing someone would probably be a lot more gruesome than ones for murder.

Mr. Edo said:
Mario doesn't really strike me as the type to put curses on people. He never displays abilities of that level and doesn't seem to have the magical aptitude.
We are talking about the same guy who eats mushrooms to grow large and flowers to shoot fire. But then again you make another valid point.

Mr. Edo said:
Plus, Bowser seems to feel pretty confident about who he is. He boastfully self-identifies as evil and considering how many statues of himself he throws all over the place, he must think he's pretty handsome. Not really the reaction you'd get from someone who was polymorphed against his will.
Yeah you're right. Looking at the statues would probably bring horrible memories of what he now looks like.
Wait, where does he GET all of these statues? :P

Mr. Edo said:
Physical proof wouldn't even be necessary. If they were going to marry, chances are they knew each other very well before the incident. All Bowser would have to do is tell Peach something only he would know. Like something he said during their first date, or a secret Peach told him in confidence.
Bowser: Peach. When I set my eyes on you, you looked like a blossom of sunshine.

Peach: Wait, that's what... No, it can't be....

Ooh....... PLOT TWIST!!! Duh Duh Duh..........

Yea Bowser could just do something like that. (I'm just assuming that's what George said) Much better than kidnapping.

Gametron13 said:
It is said in the Super Mario Bros. original manual that Peach is the only one (supposedly) that can reverse the effects of black magic. Curses are forms of Black Magic with the purpose of harming someone.
Alright, I can buy that. But I find it a bit odd Peach has never tried her light magic on Bowser, even if she doesn't know he's really "George". It would be worth a shot to try and purify this beast so it doesn't hurt her or anyone else close to her.
Gametron13 said:
Mario went in hiding after he cursed George. After Peach went back to her room, he snuck out of the castle.
It would not put Peach in danger as Bowser does not want to physically harm Peach.
The black magic that Bowser learned probably protects him from harm. But I totally agree.
1. That's what I figured, but I don't really see how that relates to my specific question there.
2. Bowser knows that, but how would Mario or Peach? For all they know, Bowser is just some monster without any regard for Peach or anybody but his land.
3. Not if he didn't get caught. He didn't get caught with the curse.
4. Nothing to say here, really.
Gametron13 said:
I did forget to mention the Yoshi Island games (mainly because I've never heard of them before I posted this) so thanks for pointing that out.
No problem, I'd definitely recommend playing Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, out of the ones that feature the babies. Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Woolly World is also worth a check.

It's ok, I might have come across as a bit cold and stand-offish.

Gametron13 said:
We are talking about the same guy who eats mushrooms to grow large and flowers to shoot fire. But then again you make another valid point.

The issue I see here is that Mario is usually shown to use an object to do any of these things. He has to use a mushroom to grow big. He has to use a fire flower or some other external source to throw fire. They don't really seem to be innate abilities he has; The impression I got is that anyone could do these things if they had the appropriate items. So Mario just having magic powers seems like kind of a stretch to me.

Of course there is the possibility that he used external means to accomplish this too. Some sort of monster mushroom perhaps. But then that would bring the question of whether Peach knows about the existence of such a thing.

Then again Peach is often portrayed as kind of airheaded, so maybe she wouldn't put one and one together.

Gametron13 said:
Wait, where does he GET all of these statues? :P

He's a king. He can just commission them.

Mr. Edo said:
Of course there is the possibility that he used external means to accomplish this too. Some sort of monster mushroom perhaps.

You just gave me an idea!!!!

We all know that Mario spent time as a doctor. (well, he threw medical supplements to get rid of viruses in a Tetris-like form) Maybe, Mario altered the molecular structure of a Poison Mushroom, turning it into a Morph Mushroom, (has a nice ring to it) and gave it to Bowser. (aka George)

You all have asked why Mario just didn't assassinate George. Well his plan might've been to transform George, hide, make Peach think that the monster ate him, and then Mario springs into action out of nowhere to kill him, making himself a "hero" and possibly winning Peach's heart. Obviously this plan backfired as Bowser fled the castle before he had the chance to execute this plan. Later, Bowser learns black magic and uses it to protect himself from harm. (consider how many times Mario threw him into lava. It has to be the black magic protecting him)

Did George lose some of his IQ when he got transformed into Bowser it something? It seems like he became a lot dumber afterwards.

George Costanza said:
Did George lose some of his IQ when he got transformed into Bowser it something? It seems like he became a lot dumber afterwards.
Answer: Love and heartbreak can make a human being (or morphed monster in this case) do some very stupid, stupid things.

By the way, I find it a little ironic that the first name in your username is George. XD

Back