Poll

Dead poll?

Dead poll.
.llop daeD

Author Topic: Alex95's Thread of Stuff (Power Master, Wikis, Videos, and Patreon)  (Read 16303 times)

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
Re: Alex95's Power Master Thread (Help Wanted)
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2017, 12:59:25 PM »
Managed to rope my brother, Aaron Bodine (who some of you may know as the writer for the "Legends End" series), into drawing the artwork for Power Master 1: A Strange Journey MV and Power Master 2: The Legend. First up, of course, is the main man himself, Stephan! More to come!

Roserade

• President of the Literature Club
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • King Bowser
  • "Write your way into his heart..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2017, 02:49:06 PM »
What exactly do you want help with? Depending upon what it is my services are available.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2017, 03:46:30 PM »
Mostly music, really. While I'm getting better at spriting (which I'll show more of tomorrow) and my brother signed on for the artworks, music is one thing we cannot do.

I have about 45 pieces of music in mind shared between the two games to make it easier. Otherwise it'd end up around 90 pieces of music. I know 45 seems like a lot at first, but if I can get multiple people to help me with it (and I know a few musicians myself I can contact), it'd only end up maybe 5 per musician? Also, assuming everything goes according to plan, I will be able to provide payment :), but, uh... maybe don't count on that...

While I'm open to just about any form of music, and I have a list for the type of music I need, one I really want to get right is the main theme. You can find an old (poorly done) file of it here. Really, I just want music that sounds good :P

Roserade

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 06:30:40 PM »
I can definitely compose some stuff, but I don't have any good way to record it so unless you were capable of creating it yourself based upon what I composed...  :P

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2017, 07:37:04 PM »
The only music program I have is a piano based one, but I'm not great at using it. I'm very musically inept :P Though if you provide a sheet of the music, I may be able to make it work. Maybe.

Roserade

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2017, 07:43:24 PM »
I'm also always willing to help with story and the such if that's wanted.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2017, 07:46:58 PM »
Well, I'm open to certain ideas for quests, characters, and such. The main story I'd prefer to work on on my own, though a side-quest can go off and do almost whatever it wants :)

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 01:16:46 PM »

Been creating brand new tilesets over the past couple of weeks and finally had enough put together to be able to show off most of the town of Fora! Not quite finished yet; the doors don't go anywhere, some events are placeholders, etc. But I think this is looking good so far!

Like in the original game, Fora will be a starting town for Power Master 1 MV. In Power Master 2, it's not a starting town, but it is accessed fairly early during Kyle's story. Fora will also look slightly different in PM2, but I haven't gotten to that just yet.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2017, 11:24:09 AM »
Continuing with the artwork drawn by my brother, here is Jennifer! She keeps looking better and better every time she's drawn :)

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2017, 06:20:43 PM »

Been drawing up a number of NPCs over the past couple of days. Here are some rough sketches of a few of them. From top to bottom, left to right:
The Guardians
Pam (shop owner)
Violet (innkeeper)
Young Boy
Young Girl
Teen Boy
Teen Girl
Man
Woman

I have their overworld sprites finished, but I'm still touching up on them. The faces will look better once I actually create the sprites of them :P

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2017, 06:12:26 PM »

Finished with Jennifer's battler spritesheet! As with Stephan, her animations are grouped in sets of three and are lined, from top to bottom, left to right:

*Standard waiting
*Ready to attack
*Magic chanting
*Guarding
*Taking damage
*Enemy miss/dodge

*Thrust attack (with lances/punches)
*Slash attack (with swords/axes/whips)
*Range attack (with bows)
*Skill use
*Magic use
*Item use

*Fleeing
*Battle victory
*Near-death
*Status ailment
*Asleep
*Dead

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2017, 06:42:40 PM »
Okay, so, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but I am absolutely terrible with music composition.

BUT! Using a piano program called Anvil with little experience as to what I'm doing, I managed to put together some rather nice sounding jingles. Posting them here in case anyone wants to do anything with them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdifs2rycnvigf7/Songs.zip?dl=0

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 12:34:02 PM »
Power Master 1: A Strange Journey has reached 150 downloads on the itch.io site! Whoo!

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2017, 04:36:13 PM »
I've been silent these past couple of days as I've been working on Hamilton's battle spritesheet. I'm not the best with proportions or poses, so if anyone has any tips, please offer them :(

Same line-up as Jennifer's three posts above.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, his archer sprite may look a little weird. Weapons are on a layer placed behind the actor, but due to Hamilton's left-handedness, I had to orientate him differently. Segments of his sprite were removed to make it appear that the bow and arrow is in front of him.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2017, 04:08:14 PM »
Finished designing the portraits of Stephan, Jennifer, and Hamilton (still working on Helen's) for PM1MV, so here's a little taste. What do you think? These are their "neutral" portraits.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2017, 11:22:42 AM »
Power Master 1: A Strange Journey was released a year ago today! How well do I think it's done so far? What went into developing the game? What are my plans for the future? Learn about it all in this retrospective: http://power-master.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:1628

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2017, 02:55:24 PM »

I wanted to make my characters bigger. So I made them bigger! Currently only have this Stephan done at the moment, but dang, sometimes I amaze myself! Hopefully I can keep this up for the others :D

If anyone happens to see something off, please let me know.

I might end up making this guy my new profile pic  ;D

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2017, 08:20:37 PM »

And now here's Jennifer! This is going to sound awkward, but I had a great deal of difficulty getting her breasts the proper size and alignment. They were more...condensed earlier, which made her look skinnier and it threw off the size of her arms. So I had her breasts...enlarged. Yeah, no good way to say that :P Being a guy, I couldn't look at myself for the size and placement, and I didn't want to look up "anatomy of a woman" on the internet, because, well, it's the internet. Girls, let me know if those turned out right or not... She's supposed to be 15 years old, so I think I got her breast size appropriate.

...Off of that topic, I also changed her eyes. She had little dots around them before, signifying eyelashes, but that looked weird to me, so I made the ends slightly thicker instead. And the pic is slightly off center so the game places the portrait correctly within the text box, fyi.

Feedback?

Roserade

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2017, 11:03:49 PM »
She looks somewhat busty for a fifteen year old, but depending upon how skinny you want her, it looks fine. Plus, they fit the proportions you gave her battle sprites well.

Beyond that, all of the other features look good, although I would personally made her strands of hair in her ponytail curve all the way around, but I'm not sure how that'd look so it's good as it is.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:05:21 PM by Lilligant »