WebDiscover

MoonAge

King Bowser
Pronouns
She/her
So today when I logged in, I saw this lovely thing at the top of my screen:
xEIYccS.png

In case you can't tell, it's an extra search bar called WebDiscover that's always on the top. When I tried to look up how to remove it since it was distracting, I found out that it's a virus. I tried to uninstall it but even then it's still here. Does anyone know how to get rid of it.

You might be able to look on MalwareBytes' website. They have ways to get rid of viruses, and although they might not have this specific one, it's worth a try.

http://removalx.com/threat/index_p.php?utm_expid=115303645-2.mlGp44jgRA-V_Czo47VNTw.1&name=WebDiscover&p=s

I found this site that might help you in this situation.

if you have an anti-virus system, you can run a scan with that and see if it helps.

Else you can download Avast! for free, which is a pretty good anti-virus program imo.

There's some other stuff you could do if all people suggested and that also fails but I'm pretty sure you can get the problem fixed either with malwarebytes or an anti virus program

Yep, that's shitwarez all right

Try looking in your add-ons or extensions and delete any you don't recognize. They usually have bullcrap names like "SaferSearch" or "BetterSearch". You can also try looking in your Control Panel and uninstalling features you don't recognize either.

Back