worst Mario game?

NSMBW multiplayer is AMAZING with friends.

nsmbw is amazing with friends, but it does suffer hard from soloing due to its rather large empty level design, its clearly meant for multi.

It's extremely difficult to have solid level design while accommodating for multiple players at once.

Trust me on this.

Zae Eildus said:
alright, its tracks are the most boring in the series, the music is just alright, and the game doesnt look that great.

But smk does something that only one other game has done to me and thats make me sick in terms of naucious, and because of that yeah i think smk is pretty dang bad.

I'm not really a mario kart fan to begin with and ive tried to give each the kart games ive played a few tries but this one just makes me SICK to my stomach, not sure if its the animaton, how the physics are seen or whatever, but god i dont feel good after playing the game after like one race and that to me is really bad programing or visual development, not sure which.
I can see how it might make you nauseated with its false 3D. Another annoying thing is that you end up drifting sideways straight into a wall most of the time. Super Circuit greatly improved on the simulation that you're actually driving in a 3D environment.

Baby Luigi said:
NSMBW multiplayer is AMAZING with friends.
Indeed. Super Mario 3D World, on the other hand, gets real frustrating with multiplayer, especially in the last few worlds.
Baby Luigi said:
It's extremely difficult to have solid level design while accommodating for multiple players at once.

Trust me on this.
TOO MANY REPLIES AT ONCE! Proof: Wendy's_Thwomp_Castle. Totally made for single player.

Or try using Reggie! level editor with New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Design a level there, and keep in mind that you're designing for a game that allows four players.

Grunty Industries said:
I actually don't enjoy playing Mario Kart 64 that much, because of the general physics and dumb AI.

I hate Mario Kart 64. It's easily the worst Mario Kart for me.

Grunty Industries said:
I actually don't enjoy playing Mario Kart 64 that much, because of the general physics and dumb AI.
It has good music and some good courses, at least.
Baby Luigi said:
Or try using Reggie! level editor with New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
This?

reggie_i_dunno.jpg

Yeah that level editor is named after him

The desktop icon even has his head as the icon.

Luigi 64DD said:
Grunty Industries said:
It has good music and some good courses, at least.

If that's the case, Super Mario Kart has some pretty good music too. It's title theme, the Battle Mode theme, and Rainbow Road are easily my favorites.

No wonder why a segment of the main theme was incorporated into MK8's.

If you honestly think any New Super Mario Bros. game is the worst Mario game, you make me suspicious that you are just listing games you don't like in terms of concept (i.e. nsmb is done to death, the levels are uninspired, LAZY) rather than actual gameplay.

I can think of several other Mario games waaay worse than those.

Of course, if you don't like easy targets, I'll say among the mainstream Mario games, Super Mario Sunshine's the worst. Of course, I hate Galaxy 2 more, but Sunshine is worse if you judge the two as standalone games.

I still say NSMBDS is one of the best games in the franchise.

It has Mario vs. Luigi and that mode is amazing

Objectively, the worst Mario game is Mario's Early Years, but the one I hate the most is probably Mario's Time Machine.

I'm a bit iffy on calling Mario's Early Years objectively the worst Mario game. Obviously, it's an edutainment title that's not aimed at our demographic, so we have to compare it to other early edutainment titles (and I mean really early edutainment titles so no Magic School Bus games or Zoombinis). Is there any misleading crap or anything...?

They should make another Mario go fish game.

That Mario Time Machine game had you returning effing King Kong to New York. I mean... why?

And how about that whole Apple and Newton thing? Do they even research this?

Can't help but say it again. Super Mario Sunshine hasn't aged well with me.

I mean the only things that have aged well are the music and the scenery.

The gameplay hasn't aged well. I could never complete it 100%! Finding the Blue Coins is just frustrating!

Magikrazy said:
Baby Luigi said:
it's not aimed at our demographic
Are any Mario games aimed at our demographic?

Most of them are, they're mature enough for adults to enjoy. It's how Pixar and Disney makes great films.

Magikrazy said:
Are any Mario games aimed at our demographic?
I say it's aimed for everyone, but some games "aimed for everyone" seem to be aimed more for kids since they seem so childish. Skylanders is one of them. I don't think Mario has the same... juvenile quality I've seen from Skylanders.

Mario Galaxy 1 aged horribly. It was never good to begin with, but holy shit, the obscene cutscenes and Wiimote controls are just bad.

Arguably, most of Modern Mario can fall into this given how disgustingly bland and sterile it's become, but it started with NSMB1 on DS and took a big fat nosedive with Mario Galaxy.

I'm inclined to disagree with you, but sometimes, the camera work in that game can get pret-ty horrid.

800px-SMG_Mario_on_the_ground.png

Anyhow, this is just a game you don't like. Maybe your personal most-disliked Mario game, but not a terrible game in of itself by any stretch. When I think terrible Mario games, I think Mario is Missing / Mario's Time Machine (faulting it primarily because it isn't very educational, with the whole King Kong thing being returned to Empire State Building and the apple being returned to Newton, which is just reinforcing a myth). Of course, those are easy targets, as I've said before. I personally hate Super Mario Galaxy 2 with a burning passion and venom, my most hated Mario game, but I wouldn't put it in a terrible Mario games list.

Donkey Kong Jr. Math, I hear, is also pretty bad. And maybe some Mario & Sonic game like Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games for 3DS, which has some of the worst roster management I've seen.

Mcmadness said:
For official games I utterly despise SPM. I'll spare people the details as to why as everybody is well acquainted with it.
SPM insults me more as a gamer than Sticker Star so I agree with you there.

Also all of the NSMB series is so terrible and I will never see why people can like it unless nostalgia (my condolences if that's the case)
Cirdec said:
I would say Mario Pinball Land
Mario Pinball Land is actually really good.

Back