gba plays gba games (currently playing ~ Fire Emblem)

Re: gba plays gba games (currently playing ~ Metroid Fusion)

ok so i can shinespark, yay
that's strange how they never mentioned it exists, yet there's a few collectibles that require the shinespark to get them :V
i'm still not sure how i can use it to clear that room tho

WVW69ippzss_ZIpI0U
this is the room i was talking about, afaik all hidden blocks are revealed because i used the power bomb
those two sections are connected at the bottom

edit: also i'm adding the clear screens of the games that i've completed into their respective posts lol

Okay my save file got deleted apparently and I cant quite remember exactly how to get that but I will let you know ASAP

GBAToad said:
that's strange how they never mentioned it exists
Well in Super Metroid there is a creature that teaches you how to do it, and in every 2D Metroid since you can do it even though it never mentions it. It's like a nod to Super Metroid or something.

Meta Ridley said:
Okay my save file got deleted apparently and I cant quite remember exactly how to get that but I will let you know ASAP
cheers m8

Beast Boy said:
GBAToad said:
that's strange how they never mentioned it exists
Well in Super Metroid there is a creature that teaches you how to do it, and in every 2D Metroid since you can do it even though it never mentions it. It's like a nod to Super Metroid or something.
oh that's cool
i played that demo of super metroid from smash bros. but i should really play the whole thing after zero mission

For future 2D Metroids, here is an example of uses for wall jump. In Sector 1 clearly I don't have the space jump (or any power up really) but in this room here (in a hidden room behind a save room in sector 1)

7bheoii.png

Normally this would look like a dead end, but with the power of wall jumping

Akw04Rq.png

I got it anyway.

Meta Ridley said:
For future 2D Metroids, here is an example of uses for wall jump. In Sector 1 clearly I don't have the space jump (or any power up really) but in this room here (in a hidden room behind a save room in sector 1)

7bheoii.png

Normally this would look like a dead end, but with the power of wall jumping

Akw04Rq.png

I got it anyway.
ah that's pretty cool but yeah kinda redundant now that i've got the screw attack

also those images remind me that the Wii U's screenshot function is fucking stupid with virtual console games

like the colours are fine when you're playing but when you take a screenshot its like 'oh no, it's too bright, someone might actually see the game in this image'

Did you know that the engine in Metroid Fusion is a heavily modified version of the Wario Land 4 engine?

Pi said:
Did you know that the engine in Metroid Fusion is a heavily modified version of the Wario Land 4 engine?
seriously?
*googles*
that's fuckin neato. now i definitely need to play wario land 4 next because of this obscure fact

come on nintendo why is the direct in 4 days anyway do you not want my money sooner

I want you to know that i'm going as fast as I can to try and get to that one thing. I currently just

Cooled down the boiler in Sector 3. Still have a long ways to go but i've really only used like an hour or so game time

Meta Ridley said:
I want you to know that i'm going as fast as I can to try and get to that one thing. I currently just

Cooled down the boiler in Sector 3. Still have a long ways to go but i've really only used like an hour or so game time
you really didn't have to, but that's still incredibly nice that ur playing through the whole game to get to that one thing i'm having trouble with :toadette:

What can I say? I can't get enough of good old Metroid. Besides I just finished Super again the other day

Okay as I said I would I managed to get that one Power Bomb in that one room. You will need the Speed Booster, Gravity Suit and Screw Attack (You already have that I'm just saying in case someone else wants to have help with this)

Here's how:

aWzEn9y.png

Head left from this room

HPioxc1.png

Past this room. Take note of the shot out area to the right

VduBWCc.png

Past this room. Note how there's closed doors and enemies. On your way back, be sure to tap the fire button to not interrupt your speed boost.

c73b8WW.png

We're going to run obviously from here. Once again, make sure that you tap the fire button when you're going to kill the enemies and to open the doors.

xwf4H3V.png

Back through this room

eJSu2lm.png

By the time you're going through here, your speed booster will be going. Be prepared to get a Shinespark ready.

bzovbTR.png

I would honestly just tap down as soon as you get into this room. You want to be stopped and still have your Shinespark charged.

QTaINBx.png

Screw attack to the right as much as possible, there's a bad guy below you so you can't just walk down there. You should be able to do a side screw attack jump while your shinespark is charged. If you end up Shinesparking right instead of jumping, you pushed the jump button before moving right. You have to hold right and then jump. It's hard because this particular area doesn't give you a lot of time to do it.

ulW7b8Y.png

When you land, if your Shinespark is still going, quickly run to the right as fast as possible.

1hO3UEq.png

Quickly use the Shinespark to go directly up. If done correctly you will go all the way up.

srqPeNN.png

Grab your Power Bomb

At the end of the day, it just takes practice. This is one of those really tough power bombs. You need to have the Shinespark charged the whole time. If the Speed Booster loses power at any point, you need to go back to the save room and try again. I hope you finally get this and I'm going to go to bed now :yoshi:

TIL MK is a total Metroid weeb

Santa said:
TIL MK is a total Metroid weeb

Well I do have a Ridley theme what did you expect?

I didn't realise you had studied the speedrunning meta and whatnot

Santa said:
I didn't realise you had studied the speedrunning meta and whatnot

Actually, I don't.

Is... That not what you were talking about?

There's plenty of advanced techniques sure, but I actually have just been using the same tactics I always use in Super Metroid. The Shinespark is there, and it subtly shows you how to do it with a bird thing.

Same for the wall jump.

Once I learned how to do it there, I just decided to try it out in future installments and that seemed to work.

Meta Ridley said:
I hope you finally get this and I'm going to go to bed now :yoshi:
fucking A+
thank you so much for going to that much effort

if it's ok with you, if I find any other rooms like this one that are seemingly impossible can i ask for your assistance?

Santa said:
Is... That not what you were talking about?
nah there were these collectibles in the game that were difficult to get and so meta knight kindly started a playthrough of the game so that he could help me with getting them

GBAToad said:
Meta Ridley said:
I hope you finally get this and I'm going to go to bed now :yoshi:
*bleep*ing A+
thank you so much for going to that much effort

if it's ok with you, if I find any other rooms like this one that are seemingly impossible can i ask for your assistance?

Sure

And it's no trouble

Welp, I greatly overestimated the amount of DLC going to release today.

But, in doing so I've now got two new(?) GBA games to play:

Wario Land 4
Advance Wars

It was a tough choice between AW and FE7 but I went with AW in the end because even though it looks like FE with tanks at least it'll feel different; I felt FE7's gameplay might become a bit stale if I don't space it and Sacred Stones just a little.

yeah i wasn't too happy about the pricing grumble grumble but that was kinda offset by how great they look next to the other gba games i've got. squee

Regardless, I'm very hesitant to start Wario Land 4 right now because I need to get my gamepad finally fixed before christmas and fuck knows how long it'll be before it's returned. starting a game and having to abruptly stop it halfway through for an unknown period of time doesn't sound fun, so I'm at ease with waiting a little while before I can fully enjoy the game.

a cliffhanger to surpass golden sun pretty much :luigi:

Re: gba plays gba games (eventually playing ~ Wario Land 4)

friendly reminder that mega man zero 4 hits the eshop tomorrow

Back