gba plays gba games (currently playing ~ Fire Emblem)

Re: gba plays gba games (currently playing ~ Advance Wars)

Tactics when? ;_;

play advance wars 2 black hole rising so you can meet this lovely fellow
latest

Asgore said:
Tactics when? ;_;
fanta holy shit

final fantasy tactics advance is coming to wii u vc this week
gotta move it from the 'eventually' list then lol

also @lightspeed i'll add advance wars 2 to my ever-increasing list

i've been trying to finish xenoblade chronicles because it's gotten SO GOOD and as such i haven't gotten around to continuing advance wars atm

OMFG WHAT
Better be your next game then B)

Mega Bump (tm)

switching to FE7 for now since i can't remember shit about advance wars and will probably just restart that one later. Just gonna quote my post from the wgdylp thread

oh man playing stones before this has made all of the tutorial shit unbearable

The story hasn't really fleshed out yet but i'm expecting big things from that intro, just finished chapter 6 and said bye to the racist prick whose castle i just saved

the world map is boring and difficult to follow atm but i hope it expands out similar to what fe8 did

favourite units are serra, lyn, sain, wil and matthew in that order.

taking a break for now

Yesss FE7

GBAToad said:
Mega Bump (tm)

switching to FE7 for now since i can't remember shit about advance wars and will probably just restart that one later. Just gonna quote my post from the wgdylp thread

oh man playing stones before this has made all of the tutorial shit unbearable

The story hasn't really fleshed out yet but i'm expecting big things from that intro, just finished chapter 6 and said bye to the racist prick whose castle i just saved

the world map is boring and difficult to follow atm but i hope it expands out similar to what fe8 did

favourite units are serra, lyn, sain, wil and matthew in that order.

taking a break for now

By the way FE7 doesn't have a world map like Gaiden Sacred Stones or Awakening, just the little intro thing

[quote author=Glitchy]
By the way FE7 doesn't have a world map like Gaiden Sacred Stones or Awakening, just the little intro thing
[/quote]
ass. well then i'll need to pay attention to locations from now on

Anyway, did the side chapter where you get Ninian's ring. Nice. Up to chapter 9, shit's starting to get real. Fog is back too, yay (ughhhhhh). Currently playing Guess the Jaegen, starring Wallace.

In comparison to Sacred Stones, the maps have certainly been easier than what they were at this point kn Stones, but there's no convoy so I really have to be careful about which units I send to villages and houses.

tbh i don't really dislike any of the characters atm, but some are better than others, for instance at least Sain has some personality whereas his red counterpart Kent is a huge bore. In another instance, I find it funny how Lucius was just like 'i'll help you because this child was being harassed' and then no one mentions him like at all. Hell Wallace literally just joined this chapter and he already has more character development than Lucius.

Looking forward to The Hectoring later in the game. Saw him in a house in one of the earlier chapters.

Wallace is a badass. "A GIANT WALKS AMONG YOU!" I recommend his supports with Lyn, they're really good.

Also later in the game, you get a convoy unit you need to defend.

just cleared Chapter 10

wow Lyn's story is over already? Damn, she was cool. Oh well.

Gotta say, the boss was tough, I had Lucius attack, Nils restore Lucius so he could then attack again, sent Rath to do 2 damage, sent Erk to do more magic damage, had Wallace stab him with a heavy spear, used Florina to rescue Wallace, then moved Lyn in to finish him off with Mani Katti. If it wasn't for That Fucking Rain i would've probably finished a lot sooner.

From that run my favourite characters were probably Sain, Serra, Erk, Lyn, and Wallace.

Glad this isn't the whole game, my save turned blue so I'm guessing it's Hector time now yes boi

Edit: or not, fucking eliwood

Chapter 11 was typical first level fodder, Chapter 12 was probably the hardest chapter I've done so far, only because it was hard distributing the exp to everyone aside from Marcus, but YEAH HECTOR TIME BITCHES. There was a bit of difficulty dealing with Guy though, but luckily he didn't crit Matthew and I was able to befriend him. Liking the new units, yay Serra, Matthew and Dorcas are back. Also, Guess the Jaegen round 2 starring Marcus

Still, Hector is by far my favourite character tho. 'I think my ax will change your mind'.

Then, at the end of the Chapter the boss says 'You'll find I'm much stronger than those sellswords!' before Hector proceeds to crit him in one shot. Amazing.

Accepted side quest, gonna see what happens a little later.

Marcus is not a bad unit, he's closer to a Seth than a Jeigan. His growths aren't quite as good as Seth but his base stats still make him a solid unit. Being a Paladin in a game where Paladins have the full weapon triangle helps. FE7 in general has extremely good prepromote units.

Hector is very cool, I love his intro where he just whacks his axe on the soldier and is like "Sorry I was in a rush."

Back