gba plays gba games (currently playing ~ Fire Emblem)

Re: gba plays gba games (currently playing ~ Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

Cormag is a bit worse on Eirika's route because he joins later and you can actually miss recruiting him, just don't kill the boss in Chapter 13 before he shows up. Still good though. On the flip side, Gerik is even better on Eirika's path because he joins earlier, with the same base stats.

GBAToad said:
'a ghost ship preventing people from sailing' lol

L'Arachel is awesome, also you're lucky the Phantom Ship chapter isn't on Eirika's route, it's one of the harder chapters in the game.

are you secretly slimkirby?

he just started a sacred stones lp as well

Raigh said:
Cormag is a bit worse on Eirika's route because he joins later and you can actually miss recruiting him, just don't kill the boss in Chapter 13 before he shows up. Still good though. On the flip side, Gerik is even better on Eirika's path because he joins earlier, with the same base stats.
ok I'll ask one question: are there any other units i might accidentally miss? or is missing units harder than I think it is?

Raigh said:
GBAToad said:
'a ghost ship preventing people from sailing' lol

L'Arachel is awesome, also you're lucky the Phantom Ship chapter isn't on Eirika's route, it's one of the harder chapters in the game.
I assume you get to play both paths eventually? It'd suck if I was missing exclusive chapters

also i can't wait until L'Arachel and her group joins, they're hilarious

freakworld said:
are you secretly slimkirby?

he just started a sacred stones lp as well
yes

no

I think Cormag is the only missable unit, because he shows up in a chapter where the objective is to defeat the boss, and he shows up as a reinforcement, and if you're quick enough, you can clear the chapter before he even appears.

You can't do Ephraim's path in the same playthrough, so you would have to do it on a second playthrough. Ephraim and Eirika each have their own chapters and they merge paths at Chapter 15. What sucks though is that you miss certain plot points on both paths, so you need to do two playthroughs to get the full story. I guess it gives incentive for a second playthrough.

Raigh said:
I think Cormag is the only missable unit, because he shows up in a chapter where the objective is to defeat the boss, and he shows up as a reinforcement, and if you're quick enough, you can clear the chapter before he even appears.
ok i'll keep that in mind, thanks for the advice!

Raigh said:
You can't do Ephraim's path in the same playthrough, so you would have to do it on a second playthrough. Ephraim and Eirika each have their own chapters and they merge paths at Chapter 15. What sucks though is that you miss certain plot points on both paths, so you need to do two playthroughs to get the full story. I guess it gives incentive for a second playthrough.

well damn

I'm very lucky that I have a save file from the part where you choose who you want to accompany ("A New Journey"), so once I reach Chapter 15, I might just load that save file and play Ephiram's path so that I don't have to restart the whole game to experience the full story

Then when I complete that, I'll choose whichever save file has the best units and continue it

cleared chapter 9 and recruited amelia. carcino confirmed for trash nation pretty much

so glad I promoted Ross to Pirate otherwise I wouldn't have been able to save that village with the Rapier in it (there was a point where he had to face 5 consecutive battles with 2 archers, 2 mages and a shaman and he effing slaughtered them all)

took amelia and natasha to the skirmish that spawned on the map and leveled them both up. moulder will take the bench until i can find a promoting item for him.

and i bit the bullet and used the Guiding Ring on Lute, who is now a Sage, awesome.

side note: shamans are even more awesome though and i want one on my team nao

can you do me a favor and play Mario Party Advance so I know if it's lame or if I should buy it

GBAToad said:
Raigh said:
Did you take Ephraim's path or Eirika's path? Use Cormag when he joins he's an amazing unit and has a badass battle conversation with Valter. Also you have great taste for liking Joshua.
Eirika's path because I presumed it would be easier
Booooooooooo!

Okay, yeah, that's true. I find Ephraim to be more fun though.

Cat Gray said:
can you do me a favor and play Mario Party Advance so I know if it's lame or if I should buy it
it's probably better that you just ask someone who's already played it if you need a quick decision because at this rate it'll take me a long time until i get around to playing it myself (from what i've seen/heard of it though, it sounds pretty lame, but yeah you might need a second opinion)

Tuxedo Ridley said:
GBAToad said:
Raigh said:
Did you take Ephraim's path or Eirika's path? Use Cormag when he joins he's an amazing unit and has a badass battle conversation with Valter. Also you have great taste for liking Joshua.
Eirika's path because I presumed it would be easier
Booooooooooo!

Okay, yeah, that's true. I find Ephraim to be more fun though.
well like i said above, i'll be doing ephriam's route after i finish eirika's so no harm done i guess

idk anyone who's played it though

although you're right, I closed the youtube video because it was boring sooo

"trying to trap me is a very expensive mistake" - Innes
*fires arrow*
*misses*

lol

well that was an interesting chapter
made me appreciate how dancers can use swords in awakening

promoted gilliam to general, ross to warrior, and thanks to the wii u gamepad i promoted neimi to sniper instead of ranger like i wanted but oh well

and then everything was bows

I think it's better to promote at level 20 because promoting early means you miss out on experience so your team at endgame will be overall worse. Not that big of a deal, SS is fairly easy.

*shrugs*
something to keep in mind for my other units then

Gerik however does benefit from early promotion as that lets him use hand axes right away

alright did some grinding and now amelia is a knight (which are so much cooler in this game than they are in awakening btw)

starting chapter 11 now

edit: fuck yes, l'arachel
fuck no, fog

i had to quit the map to go and buy more stuff for the map because i was clearly unprepared for fog

i might resume the game a little later though, i need a break

Beat golden sun and than tell me what i'm supposed to do after the mine

Zoombinis said:
np, i can bump that up to after sacred stones because i know i'm near the end, but it's been so long that i can't remember where i was exactly

i'm sure i've completed a mine area already, i think that was in the town that had flooded or something

GBAToad said:
Zoombinis said:
np, i can bump that up to after sacred stones because i know i'm near the end, but it's been so long that i can't remember where i was exactly

i'm sure i've completed a mine area already, i think that was in the town that had flooded or something
yeah I beat that and now I have no idea what to do next
GBA solve the mystery
help me go back to a really fun game
do it for me
do it for freedom
do it for America.

yessir ;~;7

since i'm sure i'm past that area i can just quickly check where i am to see if there's any advice i can offer without actually playing the game again brb

Re: gba plays gba games (currently playing ~ Golden Sun FLEE FROM THE MINE)

MAYDAY I AM STILL IN THE MINE FOR SOME REASON

WHAT AM I DOING
WHERE DO I GO I CAN'T REMEMBER HOW TO GET OUT
I AM BEING ASSAULTED BY SLIMES
FLEE

ok i'm out
altin isn't flooded anymore but i can't remember where i'm supposed to go next
so yeah i'm in the same situation as you pretty much

edit: i'm probably just going to explore the mine myself when i play it next and hopefully the answer will come to me then

but i'll definitely continue it after sacred stones

i was worried i wouldn't be able to help you but now it seems i'm in the perfect position to do that once i start playing golden sun again

It has something to do with the Chinese town with the special gym

i do remember the chinese town, but i think i'm actually behind you then because i don't have any special gem aside from the mars crystal thing

it seems i need to explore the mines a little more

but shoey i promise i'll help once i finish sacred stones ;-;

GBAToad said:
l'arachel
You screw with my head every time you mention this word

GBAToad said:
alright did some grinding and now amelia is a knight (which are so much cooler in this game than they are in awakening btw)

starting chapter 11 now

edit: fuck yes, l'arachel
fuck no, fog

i had to quit the map to go and buy more stuff for the map because i was clearly unprepared for fog

i might resume the game a little later though, i need a break

G E N E R A L A M E L I A B O Y S

Back