gba plays gba games (currently playing ~ Fire Emblem)

Re: gba plays gba games (currently playing ~ Superstar Saga)

Idk so i'm just going to say maybe

i'll add it to the eventually list anyway b/c its been years since i've last played blue :wario:

I think Red Rescue Team is just a GBA version of Blue Rescue Team, but idk

Raigh said:
I think Red Rescue Team is just a GBA version of Blue Rescue Team, but idk
it is pretty much, there's just a few differences in the pokemon you can get iirc
and the second screen does...something, i think you can put the map on it so that its easier to see, but i can't remember

wow the game's difficulty spiked again

I had to retreat to beanbean castle before taking on Morton because I was pretty much out of items. I equipped the Gameboy Horror SP and just went around the world killing everything to get gear, peppers, mushrooms and other stuff, so now i'm ready

Also, I didn't know there were alternate button combinations for the advanced attacks, i just thought the 'Adv.' gave them extra power, fml

So far I've discovered the alternate combos for
Bounce Bros
Spring Bros.
Cyclone Bros
Chopper Bros.

I was convinced most of them require you to push the other button when prompted (so A instead of B and vice versa) until I accidentally discovered that Cyclone bros needs an extra button push at the end of the attack. tryna figure out the other ones as im going pretty much

I would say to just keep on entering and exiting the castle so the enemies respawn to level up because the final boss is a real piece of shit if you are underleveled. Not as much as in PiT, though.

Also, play the Kirby GBA games. :sleep:

Gamefreak75 said:
I would say to just keep on entering and exiting the castle so the enemies respawn to level up because the final boss is a real piece of shit if you are underleveled. Not as much as in PiT, though.
thanks for the advice

just when i think im overleveled in jokes end, the game brings me back to earth D:

any ones in particular or just all of them

the koopaling battles are actually fun
the things that precede them (e.g. ludwig making you dodge his shell, iggy spinning you around, etc.) are not

but i think i've finally got a good battle plan, because the enemies are much easier to battle this time around

i managed to kill roy in 3 turns lol

so i hit the final boss
bowletta is easy*

but cackletta's soul oh my fucking god

'oh hurr durr you have 1 health dodge these attacks which you've never seen before and you might have a chance at facing the real final boss'

who in shit thought that was a good idea

edit: *i've just learned that bowletta is only easy if you can kill her before the defence down from the thunder bros. attack wears off, if i can't do that then i'm fucked pretty much

not dealing with it tonight
need sleep

GBAToad said:
any ones in particular or just all of them
i think there are only two gba kirbies

nightmare in dream land is pretty much a remake of kirby's adventure. haven't played the remake myself though ka was good.
amazing mirror is an open-ended kirby game and it's great

Hosnowka Kosaka said:
i think there are only two gba kirbies

nightmare in dream land is pretty much a remake of kirby's adventure. haven't played the remake myself though ka was good.
amazing mirror is an open-ended kirby game and it's great
ah ok the eshop only lists two but i thought there were more .-.

i've got the 3D classics version of kirby's adventure so i'll probably skip nightmare in dreamland
but amazing mirror sounds awesome so i'll definitely check it out

gonna try and finish superstar saga brb

fuck cackletta's soul

AHA I FINALLY DID IT
original

the first time I managed to dodge her attacks I healed myself and proceeded to obliterate her on my first try

there were a few scares (like she powered herself up and almost obliterated me with that laser eye attack towards the end) but holy shit i actually did it

now i assume its just the end of the story so imma watch that and post detailed thoughts about the whole game a little later

WVW69inswUknWLfP2c

well that was fantastic

Having played Bowser's Inside Story I kinda knew what to expect when it came to gameplay and bros. moves and heck, even story, but despite that I was still surprised by how great a game it was. Obviously, there were moments where I didn't really enjoy myself (some of the early boss fights were tediously long, for instance), but for the most part I had a lot of fun exploring the Beanbean kingdom. I can post my final stats for Luigi and Mario later if people want, but I reckon Luigi pretty much carried the team for the whole game until the final boss :luigi:

Favourite thing about the game was definitely the Bros. Attacks and having Luigi and Mario progressively learn abilities completely unique to Superstar Saga (I wish the THUNDURR FIER carried over to Bowser's Inside Story D:), although I didn't quite get the hang of the advanced attacks until the very end. (I love how Bowser's Inside Story fixed this and allowed you to practice attacks outside of battle but yeah). Oho Jees were best enemy/thing pretty much

peasley x luigi otp

Excellent game, I'm so glad I played/finished it. Next up is Sacred Stones!

Re: gba plays gba games (currently playing ~ Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)

Yea! So great that you played one of my most nostalgic games.

Also SlimKirby started his Sacred Stones LP today so you are going to be playing it along with him (you'll probably finish it before him though)

Toad plays Toad games

Also Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced and Pokemon Emerald were like the only GBA games I cared about so do them. Oh and I guess SMA4 as well because SMB3 is the best.

Beast Boy said:
Yea! So great that you played one of my most nostalgic games.

Also SlimKirby started his Sacred Stones LP today so you are going to be playing it along with him (you'll probably finish it before him though)
yeah it was really fun, thanks for encouraging me to finish it <3

I'll actually be starting at Chapter 9 because I started playing it a while ago but never finished it so yeah

plus i don't feel like resetting .-.

Santa said:
Also Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced and Pokemon Emerald were like the only GBA games I cared about so do them. Oh and I guess SMA4 as well because SMB3 is the best.
Emerald is pretty much my favourite Pokemon game and I've got it on cart already, and although i don't own it, i borrowed SMA4 from a cousin and completed it years ago.

will check out final fantasy tactics advanced later

thanks for the suggestions fanta!

OUR STORY (completely from memory)​

The Sacred Stones are magic artifacts that when brought together unleash ultimate power or something and were used to seal an ancient evil because it was evil, duh. After that, the Sacred Stones were divided among 5 nations on the continent of Magvel (which actually has 6 nations but no one cares about the sixth one).

One of the nation's leaders has become inexplicably evil and has waged war on Renais (the home of the Main Characters, Eirika and Ephriam) to try and capture their Sacred Stone, prompting Ephriam to amass an army and try to learn what the fuck is going on. After Ephiram and Eirika's dad, The King of Renais, is killed, Eirika is forced to flee the nation and pursue her brother, who hasn't been seen for months. As a result of the Sacred Stones being stolen, monsters that haven't been seen for centuries have suddenly started appearing and everything is going to shit as a result.

Having reached chapter 9, Eirika and Ephriam have finally been reunited but have split themselves up again for reasons i can't remember and will likely remember once I start the game again.

yay

There are also supports in the game but not to the extent that they are in Fire Emblem Awakening, Colm and Joshua are my favourite characters atm and I haven't promoted anyone aside from Ross (who is now a pirate, arrrrr)

also lute is a girl and not a boy

edit:and i misspelled ephriam so now that's fixed

Re: gba plays gba games (currently playing ~ Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

Did you take Ephraim's path or Eirika's path? Use Cormag when he joins he's an amazing unit and has a badass battle conversation with Valter. Also you have great taste for liking Joshua.

Why are some games under ideas and some under eventually? And what's the difference?

difference is i can't get the 'eventually' games very easily b/c they're not on the eshop and so i'll have to emulate them or buy the carts for them and im not in a position to do either atm

once i get around to mother 3, i'll certainly try to find them.

Raigh said:
Did you take Ephraim's path or Eirika's path? Use Cormag when he joins he's an amazing unit and has a badass battle conversation with Valter. Also you have great taste for liking Joshua.
Eirika's path because I presumed it would be easier

Always use
Eirika - Lord Lv. 5
Seth - Paladin Lv. 8
Moulder - Priest Lv. 11
Ross - Pirate Lv. 6
Colm - Thief Lv. 8
Joshua - Myrmidon Lv. 9
Lute - Mage Lv. 8
Gilliam - Knight Lv. 11

Mostly use
Franz - Cavalier Lv. 7
Neimi - Archer Lv. 3

Sometimes use
Artur - Monk Lv. 6
Garcia - Fighter Lv. 6

Hardly use
Vanessa - Pegasus Knight Lv. 1
Natasha - Cleric Lv. 1
Forde - Cavalier Lv. 10
Kyle - Cavalier Lv. 8

I'm not even sure what units I wanna continue using, like I want to try and level up Vanessa but there's hardly any room to grind in this game aside from the tower and random monster spawns (which I'm scared to take lower leveled units into anyway) so I need to make cuts somewhere.

Furthermore, I'm really reluctant to use promotion items atm because I'm not sure if you can get more of them later on, so I think I'll just bench some of my stronger units (like Gilliam) for now until I decide what I wanna do with them.

Regardless, I'm doing this blind so I'm not going to ask for any advice on units/promotions etc. and we'll see how we go (I will keep Cormag in mind though)

Gonna go start Chapter 9. let's-a-go

I've got an extra Temple cartridge I'm willing to part with. Of course, that would involve giving me your personal info, so idk if you'd want to do that.

Amazon is selling it for at least a penny, but I could be reading it wrong.

Magikrazy said:
I've got an extra Temple cartridge I'm willing to part with. Of course, that would involve giving me your personal info, so idk if you'd want to do that.

Amazon is selling it for at least a penny, but I could be reading it wrong.
nah it's cool, but thanks for the kind offer anyway :wario:

if its that cheap then i'll definitely try searching for a cartridge a little later down the track, but not atm

'a ghost ship preventing people from sailing' lol

also forget what i said about Vanessa i think i'll just use Tana instead

That's cool, and the offer's always on the table in case you change your mind.

In the meantime, I'll also suggest Sonic Advance. Don't believe that's been said yet.

Back