New Nintendo 3DS

Lakituthequick said:
Stargazing said:
Um, so the people in my class keep calling it the LL and they say that the LL will be the release name here.

Well, I've tried everything, and they won't listen. Time to give up.
LL is the Japanese variant of XL.
I know that.

No one in my class understands.
Eventually, one of them asked if Chinese and Japanese were the same thing (which is incredibly racist) and I just stopped trying.

Stargazing said:
Eventually, one of them asked if Chinese and Japanese were the same thing (which is incredibly racist) and I just stopped trying.

It IS true that some parts of Japanese culture borrowed and took inspiration from Chinese culture.

But yeah, don't ask that, people. You'll regret it.

Baby Luigi said:
Stargazing said:

It IS true that some parts of Japanese culture borrowed and took inspiration from Chinese culture.

But, I mean, he thought it was the exact same language, not just things borrowed. That's what he seriously thought it was. I wanted to punch him in the face.

Do we even know if the "New" Nintendo 3DS is going to China? I assume with the ban being lifted, it will, but they still seem tight on it

Stargazing said:
Baby Luigi said:
Stargazing said:

But, I mean, he thought it was the exact same language, not just things borrowed. That's what he seriously thought it was. I wanted to punch him in the face.

Do we even know if the "New" Nintendo 3DS is going to China? I assume with the ban being lifted, it will, but they still seem tight on it

Kanjii, a Japanese form, is basically Chinese characters. But yeah, he's completely wrong. Maybe you should slap some sense onto him. Does he think Korean is the same as Chinese too?

I don't know if it's going to China.

MidnaFreak said:
10514652_1345558182185473_1726718482702131840_n.jpg

Based alien is based...

...?
Old and already false, as mentioned already, but I'd like to remind everyone that the Twitter user who posted this is a paranoid German Nintendo fan who always makes up false rumors and is convinced Sony is paying retailers in Germany to misinform people about the Wii U.

Birdo said:
Old and already false, as mentioned already, but I'd like to remind everyone that the Twitter user who posted this is a paranoid German Nintendo fan who always makes up false rumors and is convinced Sony is paying retailers in Germany to misinform people about the Wii U.

Hey that guy is the same wavelength as me!

Okay after the New 3DS and New 3DS XL, what's next? The fucking 3DS Phone or some shit like that. Seriously, I am starting to think that Nintendo is one step closer to becoming like Apple. I mean Apple puts out a new goddamn iPhone every goddamn year. Hell even the newly released iPhone 6 is stronger than the New 3DS. Sure Nintendo announces each line of 3DS models each year.

I'm actually A-OK with the new 3DS. It's kinda like the DSi, aka the machine of my childhood.

I think I'm able to save up and get it when it comes out. My XL often lags up quite a bit, a system with better hardware and graphics will be sweet.

They may be pulling an Apple, but at least the prices aren't insanly high. I mean, if you look at the rates of inflation, the 3DS is as much as the Game Boy.

There's a surprise for the Australians, especially me and Crackin. The new 3DS along with Xenoblade Chronicles will be released on November 21st in Australia according to the Australian Nintendo Direct.

IN YOUR FACE, 'MURICANS

Hooooly shit. I thought it was going to be 2015 so I gave up hope. It's near Christmas so if I have some money I can get my parents to pay for some of it at least.

New3DSXL-646x359.png

nice

I AM RED YOSHI! said:
There's a surprise for the Australians, especially me and Crackin. The new 3DS along with Xenoblade Chronicles will be released on November 21st in Australia according to the Australian Nintendo Direct.

YouTube Video
IN YOUR FACE, 'MURICANS
Eh, I'm not getting it so IT'S NO USE for me.

Game Boy Toadvance said:
Red+Black 3DSXL

welp

I think I'm going to stick with an XL, the New 3DS doesn't really interest me anymore since it's not coming until 2015
fml

Australian Nintendo Direct? That's new, isn't it?

Game Boy Toadvance said:
Game Boy Toadvance said:
Red+Black 3DSXL

welp

I think I'm going to stick with an XL, the New 3DS doesn't really interest me anymore since it's not coming until 2015
fml
better luck next time, better luck next time...

Mario4Ever said:
I've never heard of there being one before tbh, kind of odd.

Maki Nishikino said:
Game Boy Toadvance said:
Game Boy Toadvance said:
Red+Black 3DSXL

welp

fml
better luck next time, better luck next time...
eh I'm appreciative of the fact that I don't have to worry about my 3DS breaking when I play it

maybe I'll get one much later down the road if/when nintendo announces more exclusives and stuff, if it really will be the next-gen 3DS

Maki Nishikino said:
Mario4Ever said:
I've never heard of there being one before tbh, kind of odd.
yeah we've never done an exclusive announcement/direct before, we've always shared the european announcements/directs, super odd

also did anyone here know of tom enoki's existence before watching this video

Must be a lot of effort to region lock the whole console if it's not coming out until 2015 here.

I have to wonder if Australia having Directs now means that the traditional release schedule for systems and games is getting an overhaul (i.e. Australia will now get things sooner than before, closer to Japanese release dates).

I got an E-Mail from Nintendo, and this interests me:
In the first ever Nintendo Direct Australia broadcast today, it was announced that New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL will launch 21st November in Australia and New Zealand[...]
So does this imply that it's going to the "first" of a new set of directs? And
Game Boy Toadvance said:
also did anyone here know of tom enoki's existence before watching this video
Maybe he will be the new Australian Direct guide?

Articles that mention him call him the "new managing director" of Nintendo of Australia. I don't know how new, since I don't keep up with NoAU.

Something I'm curious about, Does the new 3ds have the same shiny metallic top that the original 3ds had? The one that smudges like a madman, its day job is to accumulate smudges.

Because I hated it.

the one time theres actually a large time gap where australia gets something sooner than the us and im stuck with a us 3ds and us games
oh well lol i guess i'll just wait till next year, its what i was planning anyway so w/e
hopefully it'll go stateside soonish, like early 2015 instead of mid or late 2015

Maki Nishikino said:
Something I'm curious about, Does the new 3ds have the same shiny metallic top that the original 3ds had? The one that smudges like a madman, its day job is to accumulate smudges.

Because I hated it.

iirc the regular (ie non XL) version has those changeable face plates, pretty sure theyre not metallic
i dont remember what the XL version had, might have been metallic but idk

Hanayo Koizumi said:
Maki Nishikino said:

Because I hated it.

iirc the regular (ie non XL) version has those changeable face plates, pretty sure theyre not metallic
i dont remember what the XL version had, might have been metallic but idk
they're literally called 'metallic blue' and 'metallic black' so yeah, but they didn't really specify if the surface would be glossy or matte so idk

Well considering Australia is PAL too there might be some light for europeans soon too.

Still not interested.

Back