New Nintendo 3DS

WOW

AFTER 3 1/2 YEARS THEY REALIZE THEYVE FUCKED UP

BRILLIANT 10/10

EDIT: OH AND OFC EXCLUSIVE TITLES

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Welp who is joining the boycott?

Maybe they've been working on this the whole time? The 3DS was just to gather extra funds and to keep us busy.

Game Boy Toadvance said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884846
Almost exactly like Game Boy Color now.
Except the Game Boy Color came out 10 years after the original Game Boy and this is coming out 3 years after the original 3DS. I guess they figured people are willing to shell out another couple hundred dollars for an iPhone every year, so why not buy another 3DS after 3 years? And to keep comparing it to an iPhone, the original 3DS was woefully underpowered to begin with, so I can understand why they would want to release a more powerful one now. And frankly, if the 3D display actually works as well as they showed it to in the video now, it's almost as large an improvement as giving it more power, considering you couldn't really play anything more intensive than Animal Crossing and hold the damn thing steady enough to actually be able to play with the 3D turned on.

Still, pretty bullshit on their part to be releasing what is effectively a whole new console half way through the generation.

Eh I'll probably end up buying this anyways if the exclusives get any good, such as with the PS4 which I am considering to buy atm because I can play Last of Us remastered, Heavy Rain and other notable PS3 games I've missed out on through PSnow.

However I might waiting for some of the bigger titles like Silent Hills and FFXV, and if they're any good I'm convinced.

BACK ON TOPIC, just because it's Nintendo that doesn't mean I'll buy it. I'll only buy it if there are new games, and then again as it looks like now the good games will take a while to catch on on the "new" 3DS, or it will never catch on like DSi ware (never had a DSi either).

Yeah, I said I'd buy the original 3DS for its games, yet I haven't found anything so far that really justifies buying it. I guess Mario Kart 7 was good. And there's Professor Layton. That's really it.

The fact of the matter is that I don't have the money to buy all these consoles and games. I just can't afford this. I know a lot of people who just bought the 2DS. What will they do now? They just paid all this money for a handheld that's outdated before the end of the year.

Nabber said:
if they announce games exclusive to this ill be pretty pissed

the 3ds isn't old enough to warrant a successor. does it look like I'm made of money? honestly, this is what the original 3ds should have been
The XenoBlade port is exclusive to it I believe.

Also, this looks like the way to go if you want to play Smash. Gotta have that c-stick.

So apparently if you convert from the Japanese prices, you'll find out that the New 3DS is worth £93 ($154) rounded, which is cheaper than the original 3DS price, as is the New 3DS LL which is worth £109 ($180).

Hopefully this bodes well when the actual prices and maybe an exchange program (considering I'm pretty sure all these prices are cheaper than the original counterparts) are revealed in other regions.

Nabber said:
That's really it.

SM3DL, OOT 3D, Bravely Default, Tales of the Abyss (even though that's technically a PS2 game), A Link Between Worlds, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (note yeah okay that's bias I know), Dream Team, LM2, etc.

Welp I was actually going to get a new 3DS in a week or so, now I might just have to wait for this.

ugh.... I just... I don't know....

I like the additions but I'm not going to buy it unless they basically just ditch the original 3DS (which I hope not) or it has a low price.

I was planning to eventually get a 3DS XL for me and Smg2daisy but now I will wait for a New Nintendo 3DS XL.

I'm just wondering if Smash has Circle Pad Pro compatibility. That's what the added buttons basically are.

Glitchy said:
I hope there aren't too many games only on the New 3DS because it would suck to buy a new 3DS.
thisthisthisthisthis

seriously I just got a fucking 2DS like a few fucking months ago and there's almost no fucking chance of me getting another goddamn console for at least few more years, so it would REALLY fucking suck if they pull some stupid shit like that

Eh, the only game confirmed so far is just a port of a Wii game that I already own doesn't look that much better on the New3DS. If it's just going to be mostly ports or re-done games, I'll pass until there's better content.

After watching the video a couple more times,

you gotta admit that the new 3DS XL looks really sexy...

Damn it I'm in a dilemma....

the first thing i've noticed about this thing is its ----ty name

really when i saw this, i thought, "isn't that basically a newly pristine packaged 3ds?"

this name isn't going to confuse customers or anything

"hey I want a New 3DS!"

"but don't you already own a 3DS?"

"No I mean a New 3DS"

"???"

brilliant Nintendo, just brilliant

Baby Luigi said:
the first thing i've noticed about this thing is its ----ty name

I feel like since a few years Nintendo has completely run out of ideas in terms of names.

I mean Wii was okay, Nintendo DS (The DS meaning double screen IN CASE YOU DIDNT KNOW WHICH YOU TOTALLY DID) was acceptable, Nintendo 3DS was eh at first but also acceptable.

But then it hit the floor hard.

(But before that, seriously Nintendo, DSi? Sounds like a fucking iPhone)

Wii U, and NEW 3DS. I MEAN JUST

Well it's not like PS4 and Xbox One are any sort of OMG CREATIVE NAMES either.

That still doesn't make Nintendo's decisions of naming any less ----ty

Ninelevendo said:
"I'm getting a Play Station Four!"
"For what?"
"A Play Station 4!"
"???"

No, still confusing.
How exactly is PlayStation 4 confusing? It's the fourth system in the PlayStation line of video game systems.

Also, whoever named this should be fired and his family exiled. /s

I'm kinda upset I probably won't get this, even with the state of my back cover.

EDIT: Yup, I'm probably ordering a new back cover.

Back