The Incredibles 2 & Cars 3 announced

The Robot Masters said:
Chicken Run

Made by the same guys as Wallace and Gromit.
yeah that

that was good, i guess

I remember it definitely felt unique when I first saw it. I don't think it's as bad as that brony reviewer person you linked to says it is.

Purple Yoshi said:
I remember it definitely felt unique when I first saw it. I don't think it's as bad as that brony reviewer person you linked to says it is.
I dunno, I really think it's as bad as it looks; constant references to excuse actual jokes, overly mean-spirited and cruel, unlikeable characters... It felt like it wanted to be the next Shrek but completely missed the point.

please no i want shrek 5

also Rumpelstiltskin in shrek 4 is completely different than Rumpelstiltskin in shrek 3 because logic

Smashgoom202 said:
Purple Yoshi said:
I dunno, I really think it's as bad as it looks; constant references to excuse actual jokes, overly mean-spirited and cruel, unlikeable characters... It felt like it wanted to be the next Shrek but completely missed the point.
If you saw it as a kid you'd have a different opinion.

Well, you can see it in retrospect as well, huh?

ernesth100 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Purple Yoshi said:

nonono, it's talking about how being nostalgic about something gives it immunity from dislikes

like, when i was a kid there was this game called hot wheels crash. the premise of the game was that you take hot wheels cars, rev them up, and then launch them at environments to blow stuff up. that's it. to beat every level, you had to basically guess at where to launch the car to maximize destruction and gain bonus points.

now, when i look back at this game i see that i probably would have disliked it by my present standards for games. it's so simple! such a lame concept! how am i supposed to figure it out? but when you're a kid, none of that matters to you, so you play anyway and manage to have fun. i can look back and still chuckle at the scenes of devastation that i was able to create in that silly little game, even though it's not a good game.

also just watch the video, he's better at explaining it than i am

Dr. Javelin said:
nonono, it's talking about how being nostalgic about something gives it immunity from dislikes

like, when i was a kid there was this game called hot wheels crash. the premise of the game was that you take hot wheels cars, rev them up, and then launch them at environments to blow stuff up. that's it. to beat every level, you had to basically guess at where to launch the car to maximize destruction and gain bonus points.

now, when i look back at this game i see that i probably would have disliked it by my present standards for games. it's so simple! such a lame concept! how am i supposed to figure it out? but when you're a kid, none of that matters to you, so you play anyway and manage to have fun. i can look back and still chuckle at the scenes of devastation that i was able to create in that silly little game, even though it's not a good game.

also just watch the video, he's better at explaining it than i am

No. 1
Yes! Totally nostalgic about Hot Wheels Crash; I know where you are coming from there.

No. 2
Fiery Joker's point of view seems to have a lot of viability. Why do people assume loving something based on nostalgia is bad? Not everything in life has to be objective. Now of course, the extreme opposite (read: genwunners) is bad, but that doesn't make nostalgia itself bad.

Amphituber said:
No. 2
Fiery Joker's point of view seems to have a lot of viability. Why do people assume loving something based on nostalgia is bad? Not everything in life has to be objective. Now of course, the extreme opposite (read: genwunners) is bad, but that doesn't make nostalgia itself bad.
He's not saying it's bad to like something due to nostalgia. Hence why he says he enjoyed Superman 64 even though it's objectively bad.

ernesth100 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Purple Yoshi said:
Yeah, because since it's a kids movie, we can make it as horrible as we want, because kids are stupid... and so are their movies apparently.

So I guess Incredibles 2 a good movie would be the Incredibles trying to deal with the fact that there are like superheroes and in the end they realize they don't always have to be there. As for Cars I think Mater should become a racecar and actually be better than lightning and then ha know the whole break up make up accident.

Back