The Incredibles 2 & Cars 3 announced

Mario4Ever said:
Well it is, what with thrusting a teenage girl into a life-or-death situation with a boring love interest and a bunch of forgettable children (except for the really young one who's there in an attempt to make you care).
why in the world would anyone write a character as stupid as peeta

he has no redeeming qualities, unless you count his idiotic puppy love for katniss as a plus

it's even stupider because there was an actually decent male character who just got thrown to the side

the concept of a hunger games is kinda cool though

Dr. Javelin said:
Pink Gold Tubba Blubba said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Squirtle said:
I don't really like sequels in general. Considering it's Disney who practically control Cars, and they made the abomination known as Planes, couldn't they have made Cars 3?
so...you don't like shrek 2, the dark knight, any star wars movie other than the first one, or captain america the winter soldier?
To be fair, this is about Disney, and Disney doesn't have the best track record when it comes to sequels. So it really is perfectly acceptable to be a little paranoid.
oh yeah

well, toy story 2 and 3 were pretty good. even if lion king 2 was awful, mulan 2 was meh and cars 2 was eh

i think that's all the disney or pixar sequels i've seen
I didn't even know there was a Lion King 2 until you made that post.

Dr. Javelin said:
Mario4Ever said:
Well it is, what with thrusting a teenage girl into a life-or-death situation with a boring love interest and a bunch of forgettable children (except for the really young one who's there in an attempt to make you care).
why in the world would anyone write a character as stupid as peeta

he has no redeeming qualities, unless you count his idiotic puppy love for katniss as a plus

it's even stupider because there was an actually decent male character who just got thrown to the side

the concept of a hunger games is kinda cool though
Mario4Ever said:
well your first problem seems to be assuming that the hunger games is a romance (they make a pretty big point that the katniss/peeta thing is supposed to be a ploy to win adoration)

the first movie wasn't that great, but the second movie is pretty good since it shows the consequences of what happened in the first movie and how they escalate

as opposed to a lot of other series where they just have separate adventures connected by a loose plot

i don't know if he serves a greater purpose in the book

i do know he becomes very important in mockingjay, from what i've read on wikipedia, but from the first two movies he seems to basically be there just to serve as a companion to katniss

which is alright, i guess. there are more important characters. he's not supposed to be the focus

No-Face said:
I've read the first two (haven't seen the movies) and no, he doesn't.
No-Face said:
i do know he becomes very important in mockingjay, from what i've read on wikipedia, but from the first two movies he seems to basically be there just to serve as a companion to katniss
That's basically all he does in the first two books as well.

I never read Mockingjay though because I was assured that it was terrible.
No-Face said:
which is alright, i guess. there are more important characters. he's not supposed to be the focus
No, but he's a main character. A terrible main character who unfortunately won't die because he has Plot Armor.

I've read Mockingjay and all I recalled Peeta doing there is being manipulated by the Capitol

I hate Peeta because he's nothing more than a dead weight for Katniss. All he does is drag her down in both games. It's like Katniss was his mother and he was just an inoffensive little child. But having Peeta as a main character doesn't mean the whole franchise is bad. I mean, Katniss is a GREAT character, and there are other great ones with great depth like Finnick, Johanna and Haymitch.

Dr. Javelin said:
No-Face said:
I've read the first two (haven't seen the movies) and no, he doesn't.
No-Face said:
That's basically all he does in the first two books as well.

I never read Mockingjay though because I was assured that it was terrible.
No-Face said:
No, but he's a main character. A terrible main character who unfortunately won't die because he has Plot Armor.
boohoo, he doesn't die. not everyone has to die

and you're also forgetting that he's responsible for coming up with the whole star-crossed lovers ploy and did a lot to help katniss win the hunger games

he may not have had such a large role in catching fire, but that's because the book's focusing on other things. it's not about him. he's a supporting character, really

i mean, i never see you complaining about peggy carter, who is even more useless than peeta

No-Face said:
boohoo, he doesn't die. not everyone has to die

and you're also forgetting that he's responsible for coming up with the whole star-crossed lovers ploy and did a lot to help katniss win the hunger games
i think it would have been better if she had shot him and had to deal with the psycholoical pain, honestly. that would have been much more interesting.
No-Face said:
i mean, i never see you complaining about peggy carter, who is even more useless than peeta
at least her personality was enjoyable, unlike peeta's.

Anser said:
I hate Peeta because he's nothing more than a dead weight for Katniss. All he does is drag her down in both games. It's like Katniss was his mother and he was just an inoffensive little child.
well i'm sorry that he wasn't a brutal war machine. not everyone is a good warrior. that doesn't make him bad

and again, he dragged katniss through the events before the games. katniss did a terrible pr job, and if it weren't for peeta's showmanship, she would have died from burns in the games

i think it would have been better if she had shot him and had to deal with the psycholoical pain, honestly. that would have been much more interesting.
i don't think the capitol would agree with you, but that's just my view
yet at the same time she played absolutely no role in the plot

No-Face said:
I thought the capitol would be happy that way...? Weren't they mad that Katniss and Peeta managed to force the government to do something?
No-Face said:
yet at the same time she played absolutely no role in the plot
Plot relevance isn't the only path to enjoyability. Otherwise every comic relief character ever would be bad.

Dr. Javelin said:
No-Face said:
I thought the capitol would be happy that way...? Weren't they mad that Katniss and Peeta managed to force the government to do something?
the capitol people were mad that the government were making them play in the game when katniss was supposedly pregnant. which is completely different from katniss shooting peeta and suffering emotional trauma (which wouldn't work, anyway, since every other competitor suffers some form of emotional trauma. except the careers, i guess)

as for carter, she wasn't comic relief. all she did was serve as a romantic interest

Thoughts on Hunger Games - Peeta became a bit too perfect in the last book. Heck, even in general. Katniss made it out like Peeta was the only "genuinely good" person in that entire series. Also, Katniss getting through Peeta's brainwashing with the power of love? Really?

Anyway, I had an idea for The Incredibles 2. Have a group of anti-Superhero people demanding that they return to secrecy like they used to be. And have Violet start to agree with them and have her start loathing her own superpowers because she can't be normal. And she joins the group but accidentally gets her family in trouble by revealing information or something, and when she realises that she leaves the group and saves her family.

No-Face said:
the capitol people were mad that the government were making them play in the game when katniss was supposedly pregnant. which is completely different from katniss shooting peeta and suffering emotional trauma (which wouldn't work, anyway, since every other competitor suffers some form of emotional trauma. except the careers, i guess)
oh ok, i guess the movie was different
No-Face said:
as for carter, she wasn't comic relief. all she did was serve as a romantic interest
i didn't say she was comic relief. i'm just making a point that characters who aren't plot relevant can still be enjoyable, whether they're there as romantic interest or comic relief

well, i don't really see why peeta has to be enjoyable, anyway. not all characters have good personalities

i guess that kinda makes sense

i just wish we weren't sorta compelled to like him and feel sorry for him and whatever. the books was definitely written to try and do that

Having only seen 1/4 of the first Hunger Games film, I don't know what you're talking about.

Magikrazy said:
so how bout that incredible two and three cars
no, stop trying to derail this thread Magikrazy. I've had it up to here with you:

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|Here
|
|

Lakituilveloce said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Isn't there a thread for Hunger Games?
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=16929.0
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=17570.0

Both died in 2012.
I bumped mine since this thread was getting super derailed.

So I'm actually excited for Cars 3.

Back