The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Re: Zelda (Wii U)

Freakworld said:
CELSHADING.

NO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I've been banned from this thread expect no further comment.

It honestly looks pretty realistic, just it's colorful as well.

It looks great...

...I dunno, I still need more information to know how I really feel about this game. It looks really nice, looks like it'll be fun, but...I dunno, I just feel like it's not there yet, and obviously it isn't since the game is still in production. I felt like some of the movements need a bit smoother and obviously more enemies and textures and whatnot, but I just...

Anyways, I noticed that the green magic meter is back (hasn't been around since Wind Waker), so I'm really glad to see them reusing that, and the sailcloth being used here. The horse thing is very cool and definitely was needed since it was annoying when you were going really fast in a game like Twilight Princess and you accidentally ran into this small object and then having to spend a few seconds backing up your horse and maneuvering around it.

I think what I am missing is the plot. I just want something about the plot, but I doubt we'll get that just yet.

Nabber said:
i hope no one's still complaining about the graphics style because this looks beautiful

unfortunately motion controls definitely seem to be back (though hopefully optional), and i really hope it doesn't take you 4-5 minutes to get to any place you want to be in this world. the world looks really repetitive and i hope the real game isn't like that

that slow-mo dismount and shooting, though
Dude, it's the Zelda fanbase. Hoping for them to not complain about the graphics is like hoping for people of the Sonic fanbase to sober up

supermariofan said:
Dude, it's the Zelda fanbase. Hoping for them to not complain about the graphics is like hoping for people of the Sonic fanbase to sober up

I laughed.

Nabber said:
i hope no one's still complaining about the graphics style because this looks beautiful

unfortunately motion controls definitely seem to be back (though hopefully optional), and i really hope it doesn't take you 4-5 minutes to get to any place you want to be in this world. the world looks really repetitive and i hope the real game isn't like that

Looks to me like motion control will only be in certain things
he was using the joy sticks to actually move the character

Nabber said:

It'll probably be optional. I don't think he was using anything other than the control sticks and the motion controls, so I'm sure you change settings so you can just use the buttons.

The open world zelda is still is big risk as they could easily fuck it up but my god does the map look huge.

Skyrim: 37.1 square kilometers

Daggerfall: ~161,600 square kilometers The terrain in between the cities and dungeons is actually randomly generated but all the scales are still valid and don't change.

yeah but daggerfall is an awful game

well yeah

still if you want to go to hiking vacation why not take a trip over the daggerfall map with like 2 weeks of continuous walking?

Freakworld said:
well yeah

still if you want to go to hiking vacation why not take a trip over the daggerfall map with like 2 weeks of continuous walking?

All without pooping!

Back