Brawl Mod: Project M (Doesn't require hacking your Wii/Wii U!)

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Well, I won't be trying this out because I tend to play with 4 player models simultaneously, and some characters including Roy can induce lag.

Plus, I don't have a spare SD card since the one I'm using for Brawl Minus has barely any space left.

I actually thought the caution signs that are over Roy, Mewtwo, and the Alternate costumes for some of the characters (Such as Dr. Mario) were meaning they may really lag when played in Online mode. Not regularly.

EDIT: Nevermind, saw it on the site about the 3-4 player thing

I suppose, however, you can get some other Roy models at BrawlVault so maybe that's a remedy to this.

So the seniors loaded this onto their Wii in the senior lounge, and I got to play it. Very fun, Samus feels even better. That said, I feel like Zero Suit's range got smaller - it was hard for me to land many hits as her.

Also, Wario is OP.

It's likely to be a lot of megabytes, so soyez patience, mon lapin.

I went on a 4 game winstreak with a teammate today in our little smash club.

It felt good. I've decided to be that guy and use Mr. GaW. Prepare yourself for the turtle.

Re: Brawl Mod: Project M (Doesn't require hacking your Wii/Wii U

So I just played this for two hours. Fun as hell. I must commend the Project M team for making this. It's incredible.

Mewtwo is a fucking beast.

I got it and I like the custom skins, I will be playing this more with friends and if I'm alone, I'm playing Majora's Mask and Killzone

I've always enjoyed Project M. I hate Brawl's shitty gameplay but love its content density- this is basically Brawl with Melee gameplay, and that's more or less everything I want in a Smash game.

Here's hoping SSB4 takes some cues from this.

santanoice said:
tumblr_mxoq5gwhjs1sl5pypo1_500.png

Hnnng, I need my baby Roy but I don't have a modded Wii... ;_;

You don't need a modded Wii. All you need is a 2 GB SD Card and a way to put files on it from your computer. The team behind Project M found an exploit in the Stage Builder where you could load Project M without hacking your Wii/Wii U.

Northern Verve said:
santanoice said:

You don't need a modded Wii. All you need is a 2 GB SD Card and a way to put files on it from your computer. The team behind Project M found an exploit in the Stage Builder where you could load Project M without hacking your Wii/Wii U.

PAL region.

santanoice said:
Northern Verve said:
santanoice said:

PAL region.

Oh whoops. Didn't know. ^^'

santanoice said:
Northern Verve said:
santanoice said:

PAL region.

They're working on a pal version right? Right? :c

That's what it does. Get your Wii's Mac Address and your SD card, install Letterbomb, and then go.

Use http://projectmgame.com/en/download/dl.php?f=homebrew_full instead of hackless.

I already have homebrew on my Wii but I'm PAL and can't find an easy to follow setup for it. Apparently I need the NTSC version of the game, or at least the file for it and use Gecko OS but I'm not sure where to get it and what steps to follow.

Most of the instructions require some form of knowledge on the matter, which I lack. Fuck, I didn't even know the Wii had USB ports until it said something about USB's and I checked the back of it.

Did you try SmashStack?

Nope. Had no idea what it was until I looked it up. I still don't figure how it helps since I'm still using a PAL disc so it won't be compatible.

Most instructions say I need a 8GB+ usb so I'm boned from the start. I'll just give up on Project M, I'm not that desperate.

The Nutcrackin355 said:
Nope. Had no idea what it was until I looked it up. I still don't figure how it helps since I'm still using a PAL disc so it won't be compatible.

Most instructions say I need a 8GB+ usb so I'm boned from the start. I'll just give up on Project M, I'm not that desperate.

Why do you need 8GB+usb anyway? You don't need THAT much space for a silly hack.

Back