Brawl Mod: Project M (Doesn't require hacking your Wii/Wii U!)

Hmm, if you guys get any bugs, make sure the SD card isn't HC. I heard that sometimes, Project M has trouble dealing with SDHC cards.

It's already mentioned... hmm... hey, does this mod allows usage of codes? Some codes are highly useful and can enhance your Brawl experience.

Baby Luigi said:
Same with Sonic spin-dashing. Predictable opponents are easy. Which is why Melee's Level 9 computers are fun to kill
P:M's CPs are leagues ahead.

The space animals can even short hop laser.

Mario Party X said:
It's already mentioned... hmm... hey, does this mod allows usage of codes? Some codes are highly useful and can enhance your Brawl experience.

I don't think so. This mod doesn't use codes, unlike Brawl + or Brawl -

Well it took downloading a pack that had a GCT that had a Replacement Sound Bank Engine. (Since I don't really have a way to plug in anything in the GCT) But I was able to have at least one SFX pack replacement!

Sonic in my Project M now is voiced by clips from Ryan Drummond, mostly from Sonic Adventure 2.

Jason Griffith wasn't a completely terrible voice for Sonic in Brawl. But now that I have the option with mods, I like having Ryan's voice for this.

Meh I prefer manually replacing the voices in the .brsar and having Yoshi sound like Wario

Have another thing I was able to do.

(Picture taken with the 3DS camera of the Gamepad view, I have no way of making .bin files into image files)

vxg1.jpg

That's right! I replaced one of Sonic's alt. costumes with a Classic Sonic alt.

Granted it's not perfect as there is a few issues with it like:
- In some stages, Classic Sonic will teleport when running
- When you play as him. You can only run a few feet before Classic Sonic suddenly stops and runs in place. So playing as Classic Sonic requires more jumps and spins for movement.
- The Sonic visual effects such as the running effects you see when Sonic does the "YOU'RE TOO SLOW" taunt are still as big as they are with normal Sonic.

But otherwise, it certainly looks like if Classic Sonic were a costume in Brawl!

Use bin2jpgall program to convert the .bin files into JPGs. Follow the instructions (it's very self-explanatory and simpler than it looks; since it runs on a command prompt, just move all of your .bin files in the al folder to where you put bin2jpgall and double click on the bin2jggall).

These are the result

Northern Verve said:
- In some stages, Classic Sonic will teleport when running
- When you play as him. You can only run a few feet before Classic Sonic suddenly stops and runs in place. So playing as Classic Sonic requires more jumps and spins for movement.
- The Sonic visual effects such as the running effects you see when Sonic does the "YOU'RE TOO SLOW" taunt are still as big as they are with normal Sonic.

But otherwise, it certainly looks like if Classic Sonic were a costume in Brawl!

Some problems could be caused by a FitSonic or a FitSonicMotionEtc (or a lack of it). I'm sure Project M uses those, and some Classic Sonic hacks also use both of those. Either that or you probably didn't download the latest version of it (it's still a pain to navigate through Sonic's Brawl Vault cause it's littered with Shadow hacks :/). Nothing could be done about the visual effects sadly, and if the size mod reverts when Classic Sonic gets grabbed...well that's a universal problem with size mods.

I found a better Classic Sonic model that has much less glitches (The only glitch I see is he temporariliy disappears for one frame when doing his forward Smash, but that's not as bad as the one's with the other model). The only probably considerably is that it clashes with Sonic Generations because Classic Sonic's model is actually taller then Modern Sonic's but that's not too much of a problem with me. Rather have a larger Classic Sonic then have a glitchy small one.

And about that program Baby Luigi, is it windows-only? Because I use a mac so unfortunately if it's Windows-only I'm stuck with 3DS Camera shots of the game on the Wii U gamepad.

gium.jpg

Even got a CSP of Classic Sonic that works quite well

wehn.jpg

The older Classic Sonic I used would start running in place after only a few steps running and had to rely on jumping. This one works ALOT better. He can speed on the ground just as much as the normal Sonic model

c1u9.jpg

Picture perfectly showing the comparison between Classic sonic and Normal/Modern Sonic. And yes, that is Aquatic Mine.

26jf.jpg

Even the "YOU'RE TOO SLOW" taunt still looks as good as ever (Albeit with the Ryan Drummond soundpack I got. It's "Nobody's faster then me!" instead)

Baby Luigi said:
Use bin2jpgall program to convert the .bin files into JPGs.

The link doesn't seem to work either as of this writing.

By the way, that Wario in the character select screen looks disturbing.

Sorry bin2jpg doesn't support mac, which means you're out of luck. :'(

Mario Party X said:
Baby Luigi said:
Use bin2jpgall program to convert the .bin files into JPGs.

The link doesn't seem to work either as of this writing.

Service unavailable? Is that DDOS attack still going on?

A Trailer/Release Date for Version 3.0!

All the characters missing from previous versions will be in this one. So good news for Yoshi, Kirby, Ice Climbers, (normal) Samus and Olimar should be very happy.

ゴジラ said:
This settles it.

I need Project M now. I'll get an SD card soon.

Make sure you get a 2 GB card that's not SCHD. All others will not work with Brawl. Do you have a nearby CVS? That's where I was able to find one.

Worst comes to worst, order it online.

Northern Verve said:
ゴジラ said:
This settles it.

I need Project M now. I'll get an SD card soon.

Make sure you get a 2 GB card that's not SCHD. All others will not work with Brawl. Do you have a nearby CVS? That's where I was able to find one.

You mean SDHC. The HC part means "High capacity". Any SD card that has over 2 GB of storage (which means 4 GB and beyond) qualifies as HC, means that you can't use it for vanilla Brawl even though the Wii can read it.

Oh, SDHC card works with other hacks, but keep in mind that results may not be consistent when you try Project M with SDHC. After all, Baby Luigi and I used an SDHC for Project M and it worked fine most of the time, actually. There are still inconsistent results, yes, but we're still able to enjoy it.

Once you try out texture and model hacking, make sure you find some of my and Baby Luigi's stuff in Brawl Vault and have fun with it. ;)

Mario Party X said:
Oh, SDHC card works with other hacks, but keep in mind that results may not be consistent when you try Project M with SDHC. After all, Baby Luigi and I used an SDHC for Project M and it worked fine most of the time, actually. There are still inconsistent results, yes, but we're still able to enjoy it.

Once you try out texture and model hacking, make sure you find some of my and Baby Luigi's stuff in Brawl Vault and have fun with it. ;)

This is for people who DON'T have homebrew, riivolution, etc. so what you said doesn't apply: Brawl refuses to read SDHC cards, and if you don't use Riivolution, which offers SDHC support when patching files, it will NOT show up.

Gah, I'm an idiot. I keep assuming y'all use Riivolution and Gecko.

Mario Party X said:
Gah, I'm an idiot. I keep assuming y'all use Riivolution and Gecko.

because everyone should

Don't worry, it's the norm for us to see people use these things. Stupid Brawl Vault community

NotABannableOffense said:
TWTlOKJ.png

I REQUIRE MORE WRIST STRAPS

Man these days will pass on

Version 3.0 Comes out today. But it's not available yet. In fact at the current moment the site seems to be down. And even so the team has not released it yet anyway. To keep an eye on the progress, it might be a good idea to keep an eye on their Twitter page.

Even if it's not released yet they've revealed a few things such as

Boxing Donkey Kong
BbCbqoMCMAABSYE.png:large

Pirate Pikachu
BbByk5cCAAA4Mvm.png:large

And the Mewtwo and Roy Kirbies
BbBlKvCCIAAhBu6.png:large

They look like simple model imports, but maybe I'll put boxing Donkey Dude in my game.

The Project M 3.0 is fun, only minor glitches (like Yoshi always jumps to his death if I didn't move on the Yoshi's Story (Melee) stage) but it is really great

Pearl said:
Mega said:
Pearl said:
i think i'll just take my pal wii and go cry in the corner over there
lol

it's not nice to make fun of sad people :'(
I laughed because I feel the same thing.. No Wiis here :'( and emulator always hangs.

I'm bitter about this because I can't have it because I'm pal and can't figure out the pal instructions for the life of me.

Well, I won't be trying this out because I tend to play with 4 player models simultaneously, and some characters including Roy can induce lag.

Plus, I don't have a spare SD card since the one I'm using for Brawl Minus has barely any space left.

Back