Console Wars

Which console do you think will win this gen?

• Wii U

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • XBox One

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
PS4 sold, like, a million copies on its first day.

I don't know how Xbone will do.

I just realised something really funny. Almost all the launch titles for the PS4 and the Xbox One have been getting really bad reviews, and all their fanboys have been defending it with "it's a launch title! All launch titles are crap!"

What did the Wii U launch with? Only NSMBU and Nintendo Land. Neither of those were bad games. Of course, that doesn't translate into sales, but whatever.

Update:
Last time I checked, Wii U is still winning, but not by much. Both PS4 and Xbox One are catching up quickly. Hopefully, Mario Kart 8 can bump Wii U's sales.

As for Smash Bros 4, I feel most people will just get the 3DS version and not the Wii U.

Thrawn said:
everyone's arguing about console wars

and i'm just sitting here playing PC

dont worry you're discriminated as well.

Also i wish console wars would end, it just seems like stupid fanboys raging the majority of the time.

If I hear one more person saying utter garbage like "f you guys, pc master race", I'll go out and strangle a baby.

This whole concept of console wars is dumb and I feel sorry for you if you ever engaged in a fanperson debate between you and another Xbot/Sonywhatever/Nintendrone.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
If I hear one more person saying utter garbage like "f you guys, pc master race", I'll go out and strangle a baby.

oh yeah everyone is threatened by that.

be afraid guys

well i wasn't planning on it, but since you asked me to

pc master race

It's not stopping anyone, Zae.

I still can't stop cringing.

Thrawn said:

pc master race

Deliberately trying annoying me is always a pathetic attempt.

I think I already posted in this thread, but whatever.

Sony will probably win the "war". Microsoft may have reversed their half assed policies, but the damage has already been done. And as much as I love Nintendo, they just can't compete in the industry right now. Maybe next gen, Nintendo will open their eyes and learn to get with the times.

But still, this whole concept of console wars is stupid.

Thrawn said:

pc master race
Deliberately trying annoying me is always a pathetic attempt.
i think you're taking this too personally. i'm just trying to poke fun at how defensive you are

you need to learn to go with the jokes

I did say that I'm sensitive. I can't tell the difference between a light joke or somebody that's trying to mock my opinion. Even then... yeah I do take a lot of things personally.

That being said, I hardly engage in console wars because honestly, it's all about personal tastes, not about specs or any technical things. I don't hate any fans of any console; I just hate people who flame others just because of preference or for incredibly stupid reasons (Nintendo is for babies, Xbox is for immature FPS-obssessed children, Sony... ditto).

I did say that I'm sensitive. I can't tell the difference between a light joke or somebody that's trying to mock my opinion.
there is no difference here

i'm mocking your opinion with a light joke. that doesn't mean i'm deliberately attacking you or anything

Guys, I'm not talking about dumb fanboys and stuff like that. I'm referring to sales. Which console will sell the most?

The thing in my op isn't my opinion, it's fact.

Edit: btw you guys can talk about previous console wars too.

pc is still the best system for gaming imo
superior graphic/engine potential
more multiplayer options
and emulators for those game companies who want you to spend an overly high amount on their systems

as for sales, I think xbox1 will sell the most, but at the same time, I think xbox is the apple of consoles, selling mediocre items for highest prices around

I'd say play station 4 is the best value for your money of this gens consoles so far

Too bad PC gaming is so goddanged expensive. And all computers I have are already general purpose, so I don't want yet another computer filling up my household.

I really don't play PC that much for that reason. And my ISP charges tons for online multiplayer.

I don't have that, I have one pc for everything

and I find it way cheaper, sure theres internet charges, but I'd be paying them anyway just for browsing the internet
plus steam is a god send, without steam if I wanted portal 2 it would cost $60, on steam $20, when its not on sale
and the same goes for any game available on steam, it also gives access to indie games that otherwise wouldn't be able to exist due to the costs of packaging/shipping

Too bad PC gaming is so goddanged expensive. And all computers I have are already general purpose, so I don't want yet another computer filling up my household.
you can run most PC games on a regular computer without too much lag

and if you switch around the hardware in your computers, it's likely you could come up with a pretty good PC if you took the best from all of your computers and put it into one

if you want perfect PC gameplay though, it is pretty expensive

If the Wii U fails, Nintendo should consider going third party.

Michell said:
I want mario kart and party for pc, imagine the multiplayer potential

Meh I prefer if they stayed on the console so we could still play it if the Internet goes down

Back