Console Wars

Which console do you think will win this gen?

• Wii U

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • XBox One

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Honestly, I don't think that anyone voting for Wii U is looking at this through an objective lens.

It won't win. This is coming from someone who may buy one. The simple fact of the matter is that the average consumer is more comfortable buying a familiar console that will play their COD, Destiny, and whatever else in HD.

At this point PS4 is probably going to walk away a winner only because of Xbone1's slow start.

NotABannableOffense said:
Honestly, I don't think that anyone voting for Wii U is looking at this through an objective lens.

It won't win. This is coming from someone who may buy one. The simple fact of the matter is that the average consumer is more comfortable buying a familiar console that will play their COD, Destiny, and whatever else in HD.

At this point PS4 is probably going to walk away a winner only because of Xbone1's slow start.
It won't win, but smash bros will cause some serious wii u sales.

Now I'm imagining the Xbox One as a Regigigas.

I don't really care much about Console Wars in general. It just feels like excuses for fanboys to trash on a console they've never played.

But what is awesome. Is having at least one "Console War" in the past lead to something awesome years after it had past.

screen-1.jpg

B)

NotABannableOffense said:

I dunno, the Wii did pretty well with almost identical circumstances. And I think everyone has forgotten that the Wii U is the cheapest. That can effect a lot of things, especially because the graphics gap isn't as big anymore as last generation.

Screw console wars, buy the console you want and be happy with it.

Although, hasn't every console besides the Wii had a slow start this/last generation?

Oh, yeah, of course. Although, they haven't started selling it yet, so is it really a slow start? We don't know if it's going to sell better or worse because of it.

Well, there was a massive amount of negative reactions to a ton of Microsoft announcements. So, I'd call it a slow start.

It had to be a slow start when the biggest announcement was a console that didn't ---ing screw you over

キノピオ八十五 said:
I'll hedge my bets on the PS4, just because Sony is the only one to not do anything stupid yet.
Yeah, basically.

I mean, face it people, the Wii U is going to be the Gamecube of the generation.

Lots of awesome games, but not as much sales as their competitors.

Basically, I think PS4 is going to "win", followed by Wii U, and then Xbox One.

Since when was Wii U part of the console wars?

And f*ck, people are still using the "hardcore" and "casual" audience? People play what they want to play.

Mario Party X said:
Since when was Wii U part of the console wars?

And f*ck, people are still using the "hardcore" and "casual" audience? People play what they want to play.

because its a console? i mean you dont really volunteer to be part of it, its not really your decision lol

also people just use hardcore and casual to differentiate gamers that barely play them and people that play them often.

its not hard.

You know, I'm going to be really interested to see how Sony and Microsoft market their consoles just before release. After all, they're coming out incredibly close to each other, so their adds and marketing will have to (most importantly) differentiate themselves from "the other next-gen console".

As for Nintendo, if they have any money leftover for more marketing, they could put a load of Wii U advertising, explaining "These are all the games that have come out, and here are all the games (confirmed to be) still coming". Or they could take a jab at Sony and Microsoft and say "The next generation is already here". Adding that the Wii U is the cheapest of the 3 will definitely help.

Yes, maybe I DO want to do marketing at Nintendo. They failed enough on the Wii U's launch that they clearly need help.

Purple Yoshi said:
As for Nintendo, if they have any money leftover for more marketing, they could put a load of Wii U advertising, explaining "These are all the games that have come out, and here are all the games (confirmed to be) still coming". Or they could take a jab at Sony and Microsoft and say "The next generation is already here". Adding that the Wii U is the cheapest of the 3 will definitely help.

Yes, maybe I DO want to do marketing at Nintendo. They failed enough on the Wii U's launch that they clearly need help.

Does anybody know what the fuck happened? They used to market their shit all the time, and now they're only marketing first-party 3DS titles. I've seen two Wii U ads since launch.

I really don't know, to be honest. My guess is that they're saving their marketing for the Christmas season, where they'll get most of their sales. 3D World would be out by then, as well. Although I don't understand why they weren't making adds when Pikmin 3, the Wonderful 101, and Wind Waker HD came out.

Purple Yoshi said:
I really don't know, to be honest. My guess is that they're saving their marketing for the Christmas season, where they'll get most of their sales. 3D World would be out by then, as well. Although I don't understand why they weren't making adds when Pikmin 3, the Wonderful 101, and Wind Waker HD came out.
I saw Pikmin 3 ads.

I see ads for their games on YouTube, when they're near release

I wish they advertised Rayman Legends more :'(

Back