Console Wars

Which console do you think will win this gen?

• Wii U

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • XBox One

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Aaaaannd....they look almost identical. OK, the Xbox one had a little bit about the console at the end with the voice command stuff, but other than that, their adds were exactly the same. Live-action versions of standard hardcore games (even if they were referencing individual games, it was hard to distinguish them).

I guess it's up to the sales figures to decide who wins. They weren't this close last generation, were they? I can't remember.

Consoles are a dying race.

Casual gamers are moving towards smartphone/tablet games, and more hardcore gamers are switching to PC because of Steam. I mean, the most hardcore gamers have always been on PC, but with the sheer game availability of Steam, it's gaining more and more followers.

So who does that leave playing console games? Nintendo fans? Aren't most of us busy playing 3DS, which has an excellent game repertoire, and not the Wii U?

I haven't seen many excellent console games come out recently, while the 3DS has Fire Emblem Awakening, Kid Icarus Uprising, Pokemon X and Y, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, just to name a few.

Ness said:
Also PS games and FPS on console defeat PC gaming
FPS on console is better, you say?

On PC, we actually have to take aim with the mouse instead of relying on aim assist.

still doesn't give you the preciseness of the mouse, though

i can't hit anything on a console, though that's just because i suck

Nabber said:
still doesn't give you the preciseness of the mouse, though

i can't hit anything on a console, though that's just because i suck

I can, mouse is opposite for me, I will use PS4 controller for TF2 when PS4 is released on Friday, Nov 15 for me to get it

New Super Mario said:
Not that it matters.

FPS is an overly milked genre the way it is anyway.
maybe you just aren't playing the right ones

like, my favorite is halo: combat evolved, for PC, but there are a bunch of good star wars ones, like battlefront II

oh and of course

JEDI KNIGHT II: JEDI OUTCAST

FEATURING THE GREATEST STAR WARS CHARACTER EVER (except grand admiral thrawn, ofc)

KYLE KATARN

HE'S BASICALLY THE CHUCK NORRIS OF THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE

And PS4 will have new BattleFront 4 and Bungie is making a new IP called Destiny for PS4 and other systems

And most important FPS is Team Fortress 2, I'm looking forward to playing that with PS4 controller

And, dafuq

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/20/microsoft-put-xbox-one-vertical-at-your-own-risk/

"We don't support vertical orientation; do it at your own risk," said Albert Panello, senior director of product management for Microsoft's Xbox division. "It wouldn't be a cooling problem, we just didn't design the drive for vertical. Because it's a slot loading drive, we just didn't design it for both."

Lazy microsoft's design

FPS's are only really common on Xbox consoles nowardays.

NSY said:
no, they're common everywhere.
But unless the title is either "Halo", "Call of Duty", or "Battlefield", it won't sell alot, because the market for them is fading.

Xpike said:
NSY said:
no, they're common everywhere.
But unless the title is either "Halo", "Call of Duty", or "Battlefield", it won't sell alot, because the market for them is fading.
that new titanfall game looks cool

New Super Mario said:
I'm just saying, there are too many of them. And only like half of them are actually unique and original.
I also enjoy Blacklight Retribution on my PS4 for free

Back