post any random Mario thought on your mind

Kind of interesting that the 3D platformers started with a larger health meter and then went to the traditional 3 hits when they started to move away from the sandbox design in Galaxy. Maybe there's a connection there, then again they kept 3 hits for Odyssey so who knows.

One thing I've always wondered-how does Mario throw fire balls without burning his hands? Like in the "Mario and Luigi" games he creates a huge fireball IN his hand and holds it while he makes it, and THEN throws it. Also-what exactly are Bowser and the Koopalings? What does Nintendo say they are? I mean Bowser's Koopa Troopas are obviously turtles and I'd say Bowser and the Koopalings and Bowser Jr are too but they a lot like lizards to me as well. Maybe a combination? I mean Bowser especially look like a lizard in the DIC Mario cartoons in his "King Koopa" character depiction. So what exactly kind of creatures are him and his son and the Koopalings? Wondered about that even longer than what I talked about with Mario throwing fireballs. If anyone's going to answer the questions on this post I'd like to have THAT question answered first.

Last edited:
Maybe they're just really good gloves.

…well, and he and his friends don't seem to get burnt by the fireballs unless they're in direct competition, and the things stay ablaze underwater, so it's probably magic. Gives "friendly fire" a new, autoantonymous meaning.

Now that Vivian's gender identity has been retconned to transgender girl in the PM:TTYD remake, does that mean that her birth name was Victor and changed it to Vivian when she started identifying as a trans girl?

While not unheard of, I don't think it's that common for trans people to choose a name based on their birth name, since often that's tied to the gender they're less comfortable with if not dysphoric over. And transphobes take advantage of that to harass people and violate their privacy, so digging for deadnames sorta rubs me the wrong way even for fictional characters

Back