2010 in Review

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Does anyone remember what happened throughout 2010 for us?

If I recall correctly:
  • NIWA was created
  • We reached 10,000 articles (I think that was 2010...)
  • We had the best awards ceremony yet, introducing the 'shroom awards to the wiki
  • The Poll Committee was created

Is there anything else we did?
 

ralphfan

Thank you based god
11,000 articles as well. Not sure if 10,000 was 2009 or 2010.

I feel the Awards could've been a bit better had I not forgotten to block repeat voting by IP instead of cookies.
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
A lot of newbs joined.

Like, really.
 

ralphfan

Thank you based god
President Iwata said:
A lot of newbs joined.

Like, really.
True, but we also had a lot of cool guys join and/or become more active.

Canada said:
  • We had the best awards ceremony yet, introducing the 'shroom awards to the wiki
You liked the show that much?
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Sharks Territory said:
President Iwata said:
A lot of newbs joined.

Like, really.
True, but we also had a lot of cool guys join and/or become more active.
The joke was that everyone who joins is automatically a newbie. Whatever, it was subtle.
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
New Super Mario said:
I joined in the summer. I'm like one of the few people who didn't act so noobish
EEEEEEEEERRRRRRR
 

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
God damn it, Scorpion, shut the f*** up.


Yeah 2010 was cool. I joined the Wiki in May and the forum in August.

Sharks Territory said:
Heh, yeah, but there were a lot of them who acted like noobs.
 
Villain said:
New Super Mario said:
I joined in the summer. I'm like one of the few people who didn't act so noobish
I got me a new sig quote.
I see what you did there...... :lol:

I remember back in the day, when I was a terrible grammar user...... Huh, well that was the past.

Off-Topic: I haven't seen Falcon Facepalm on here in a while
 

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Personally: My hiatus and my later return

Shroom: Losing another election, a great year, the december issue, which was amazing

Wiki: Meh, I can't remember what happened exacty in 2010... Tayce T recipes featured? New policies, NIWA, etc....
 

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Canada said:
New Super Mario said:
I remember back in the day, when I was a terrible grammar user...... Huh, well that was the past.
President Iwata said:
EEEEEEEEERRRRRRR


Anyways, nothing notable in 2010 IIRC. Mostly it was NIWA.
*points at self frantically*

*finally gets it*
 
Top